• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikachu 3DS XL coming to North America (3/24)

Rubius

I find it strange that Pikachu will be upside down when open. I would have prefered something more good looking. Maybe a X/Y model with a clash between the Blue and the Red.
Might pick it up, since Pikachu Handhelds are worth a lot after a while usually.

usctrojan

I'm buying this. I do wish the nipples were more subtle and it was all yellow. But those red and blue ones are so gross and I must play luigis mansion.

il_fullxfull.423424163_e5dc.jpg

I got this decal and it makes me feel like I have the sexiest 3DS in town.

Roguelike + Pokemon. It's about what you'd expect.

The biggest flaws in the games are that it takes way too long to find any difficulty, though there are some pretty hardcore challenges at the endgame.

First game had some stupid hard ones. Reset levels to level 1 and 99 floors? BTW a boss at the end and you can't bring any items.

lolololol.

Fuck that game! >.<

BowieZ

Banned
If I were you guys I would be waiting till October. More color options by then, and probs a much better Pokemon x/y themed one.

Pociask

Seriously why is every XL two-tone? Is it something about the manufacturing process that makes it cheaper? All yellow would be good (if you can remove the decal), but dat 2 tone... uhg.

Qassim

I wish they started paying some more attention to the original 3DS. I want a refresh or something, I want a 3DS, but I don't want an XL.

Rubius

I wish they started paying some more attention to the original 3DS. I want a refresh or something, I want a 3DS, but I don't want an XL.

Any reason why? The XL is better than the Normal one on everything. Battery life, 3D ect. The size only?
I doubt they will go back to the normal 3DS.

MarkusRJR

The screens. They aren't better.
Yup. They have a yellow tinted top screen like the newer OG 3DS units, and the 3D on the XL is worse with banding (or is it warping) even when in the sweet spot.

Everything else is better about the 3DS XL though apart from aesthetics (mainly the lack of good colours)

DonMigs85

Yup. They have a yellow tinted top screen like the newer OG 3DS units, and the 3D on the XL is worse with banding (or is it warping) even when in the sweet spot.

Everything else is better about the 3DS XL though apart from aesthetics (mainly the lack of good colours)

Was the first batch of XL units also like that?

Qassim

That concerns me less than the resolution. Many don't seem to mind and prefer having the larger screens, and that is fine, but I noticed it straight away using it (in isolation, without an original to compare to).

Then had the chance to use both side by side and the difference became more apparent. If Nintendo discontinued the original 3DS and the XL was the only version, then I'd get the XL, but at the moment I don't want to buy an XL whilst the original smaller 3DS still exists, because I much prefer the screens on that.

MarkusRJR

Was the first batch of XL units also like that?
Considering I own a launch XL, yes. The 3D is worse and there is a tinted top screen (only when 3D is off). My launch OG 3DS is pretty much perfect (both white screens and wonderful 3D). On the XL I have to decide between much worse 3D and a yellow tint, and since the yellow tint doesn't actively ruin the enjoyment of the game I usually just turn off the 3D.

DonMigs85

Considering I own a launch XL, yes. The 3D is worse and there is a tinted top screen (only when 3D is off). My launch OG 3DS is pretty much perfect (both white screens and wonderful 3D). On the XL I have to decide between much worse 3D and a yellow tint, and since the yellow tint doesn't actively ruin the enjoyment of the game I usually just turn off the 3D.

I also have a regular launch 3DS and both screens are even and white - however turning on the power save feature makes both screens look more yellowish/warmer and washed-out.

MarkusRJR

I also have a regular launch 3DS and both screens are even and white - however turning on the power save feature makes both screens look more yellowish/warmer and washed-out.
That's the same situation for me on my normal 3DS. The XL top screen is always yellow however, and both the screens turn gross yellow with power saver on so I just leave it off.

Well, I've been waiting for an XL that looks decent and I do love Pikachu but something about this turns me off. I can always sell it if I get sick of it though.

How much are used 3DS' trading in for these days at Gamestop?

HardRojo

Bring the Charizard one over instead, I don't really like how Yellow/White look together, they should have gone with Yellow and Black.

I have a problem. When I made the move from original 3DS to XL I lost my saved data on my digital games.(My pushmo and New Super mario save didn't move) I transfered my SD and did that pikmin 3DS tansfer. IS there a way to get all of that information moved from XL to XL? . I put around 40 hours into Fire Emblem and I can't lose that save.

Top Bottom