• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikachu 3DS XL coming to North America (3/24)

black or no buy.

seriously what was wrong with that sexy charizard one?
6yaOp.jpg

Drago

blech.

I would love a Yellow/White 3DS XL but the Pikachu kills it. Not to mention it looks fucking ridiculous when opened up and in play to other people. One step closer to white, I suppose.

MisterHero

But where's Pokemon Black2/White2 YELLOW Edition? The one where you get a Pikachu that walks around and it acts like a virtual pet?

Oh. Nintendo didn't make it. :(

Definitely NOT carrying that thing around in public and play it.
Would it really be that much of a difference carrying a normal 3DS XL around? They'll both be recognized as gaming devices. Then again, I'm not really a closeted gamer so...

I for one welcome this Pikachu overlord. I don't have a XL or a 3DS for that matter so this looks like perfect reason to get one.

This along with new Pokemon and Luigi, then I gotta pick up my Bioshock pre-order too?
Looks like I'll be burning through a couple hundred those few days...

And we care about these people because...?

Because not everyone likes what we like. Some people find Harry Potter lame, some people find Pokemon lame. Does that make them close-minded? No, but there's definitely a high percentage of people out there that would think this looks ridiculous. That doesn't mean I'm gonna stop talking to them though.

Berordn

they're massive. my regular 3ds doesn't even leave my room.

You must be a dainty person if an XL is massive. When closed, it's not that far off from the Vita.

Pikachu XL is certainly ugly, but I guess it'll push sales for a certain market.

BasilZero

I would....get that but....I dont know....it would be pretty awkward seeing a 3DS XL like that being played by a guy like me who is well over the age of what people would consider be the right age to play Pokemon......

Btw Blaziken > Pikachu n__n

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why is the innards white and not yellow or even black :/
Yeah, either of those color options would have been way better. On second thought, I probably wouldn't buy this even if I was interested in buying another XL.

people carry 3ds xls around?

they're massive. my regular 3ds doesn't even leave my room.
I carry mine around in my backpack sometimes.

Lucent

I wanted an alternate XL color but I never asked for this.

Yeah pretty much. Not excited for this at all. Yellow can be a cool color, but I don't like it being combined with white. Especially where they put it. Gonna pass on this. They really should bring out some other colors.

I'm probably gonna get the blue one but I'll hold out a bit longer to see if we get anything else. Though blue is my favorite color so it'd have to be another kind of blue. =P

Goretrail

Would totally get this if I wasn't already running low on system transfers. Why do you hate me giving you money Nintendo?

The Hermit

So when they release a new color in US is either pink or a pikachu themed. Awesome.

Fuck it, I am tired of waiting for a white one, I will be buying the red.

EDIT: just saw the Charizard theme, I am even more pissed!

Yonafunu

Uhm, this has been out here in the Netherlands for months. Is it just now coming to the US?

I would play the shit outta this in public.

Anth0ny

You must be a dainty person if an XL is massive. When closed, it's not that far off from the Vita.

I'm not talking about how it feels in my hands. I'm talking about portability. I would never take a 3DS XL, Vita or even a PSP with me on the road. Too big and inconvenient.

Luckily I'm not much of a gamer outside of my house, so the 3DS XL is perfect. I love my DSi XL!

Wiz

I'm all for new colors.

If this sells well...maybe they'll think about all black/all white.

Top Bottom