• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool |OT| Like Batman With Guns

Dawg

wat2qjnx.png

tumblr_m769tthD9S1r0ehzuo1_500.gif

info3nb8r.png

• Developer: High Moon Studios

• Publisher: Activision

• Platforms:

boxart1psxwa.png
    boxart2e0b20.png
    boxart3y6j1k.png

• Release date: June 25, 2013

• Genre: Action and shit

• Voice Actor (Deadpool): that guy from uncharted

• Summary:

Former Deadpool writer Daniel Way wrote the story together with High Moon Studios, bringing in his trademark humor from the comics to video games. The story is set with Deadpool accepting a mission to assassinate News reporter Chance White a corrupt media mogul, whose television channel produces such quality programming as “Jump the Shark”, in which celebrities must literally jump over a tank of water containing a ravenous great white shark. The plot also involves Mister Sinister who is scouring a former mutant haven called Genosha for new DNA to use in his armies.
    Other Marvel comic-book characters, such as Domino, Wolverine (who will be voiced by John DiMaggio), Cable, Rogue, Red Hulk, Mister Sinister and his Marauders, namely Arclight, Blockbuster, Vertigo, and Riptide, as well as Psylocke are set to appear in the video game.

gameplayqiukc.png

gameplay2gapry.png

getshithnjlu.png

characters02yve.png

screenscbu9e.png

ss84wryj.png

ss9baqf0.png

ss10jfrsl.png

ss11kyohb.png

ss12jyut9.png

ss2dro8g.png

ss36gqik.png

ss470pal.png

ss51yp0n.png

ss7ktq9s.png

ss61krm1.png

reviewslelanb8z.png

-

jiffspvjjf.png

tumblr_mkc7die3mx1r0ixcou8.gif

Double D

Is the thread title just a joke based on the character Batman? Or are you saying this is supposed to be like the Arkham games? I thought it was going to be like a DmC type of game.

NotLiquid

Please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck

Oh who am I kidding full-on embargo so far has me incredibly concerned.

Great OT !

I haven't read a Deadpool comic in years but I'm interested in this. I'll wait for some reviews before deciding if I'm buying this day one but I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

Great OT, really well done.

I'm actually looking forward to this, even though I'm not really expecting much. So long as it's generally funny throughout and the combat doesn't become too repetitive, I should get my money's worth.

Scavenger

I want to play this game, but Daniel Way is writing the story and he is the sole reason why I stopped reading Deadpool. Shitty writer who threw all character development in C&D out of the window.

Tizoc

what?!?!!?!?
THIS IS RELEASING NEXT WEEK1!?!?!?!?
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!?!
Please be a fun Deadpool game >_<

Dawg

Is this a little early? Isn't the rule still 1 week prior to release?

I'm going to wait on reviews on this one.

Yep, it's a week. I don't have a decent computer available the next few days (maybe longer) though so I requested to post it earlier through a mod.

Dysun

Expect some bad reviews, game footage looked awful not long ago.

Wish we could get more decent licensed out IP games

Mupod

I'm so used to Steve Blumverine that it'll be weird hearing Bender. Although I guess he was busy voicing every single character in Marvel Heroes.

Dawg

Some previews:

Throughout my hour with the game, many f-bombs were dropped. Heads rolled. Blood was shed. Voice actor Nolan North, as Deadpool, called himself on the phone. Achievements were freely handed out for doing absolutely nothing -- as Deadpool mocked them, the player, and the very game he was in. The game’s script was mocked. And there was a blow-up sex doll. Rainbows. A flying tiger.

Nothing makes sense in this game. Yet everything makes sense. This world, as realized by High Moon, doesn’t change how you’ll play a game by any means, but that almost serves as the perfect contrast for everything else. Most games hook you with gameplay and story. Deadpool hooks you with a crazed, unpredictable lead character. You want to keep playing because you want to see what will happen next. And that’s pretty cool.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/08/living-in-deadpools-crazy-ing-world

All in all I think Deadpool: The Game is going to be worth playing. Gameplay is fun but shallow, the visuals are nothing to be amazed by, and you'll most likely forget you ever played this one when it comes time for all of the end-of-the-year festivities. Honestly, you may even want to wait for a sale or some kind of deal despite the lower price point. Still, I think it's going to be worth the ride and these issues that would hinder other games feels kind of right at home with something like Deadpool.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-deadpool-game-is-a-lot-of-dumb-immature-fun-253291.phtml

Ultimately, while I enjoyed the combat and gore, I really, really dug the comedic aspects of the demo. I seriously can’t wait to play more of the game and if what I experienced is any indication of what I can expect from the rest of the game, this is going to be a cult classic.

http://www.examiner.com/article/preview-deadpool-video-game-is-a-riot

Please be good :(

I'll probably get this down the line either way, but I want the best for this game. Really happy that Cable and Domino are in. Great OT.

Since it's High Moon Studios, is the PS3 port going to be as atrocious as what we got with Fall of Cybertron? That shit was disgusting for a game releasing in 2012.

I didn't realize this was coming out on Steam too, crap I need to buy a wired 360 controller or learn how to hook up a PS3 controller to it

Top Bottom