• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl Season 3 |OT| You gave me an OT, I gave you an OT... Gave me OT got you OT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1148990_703050169721638_210021268_n.png

New Girl returns SEPTEMBER 17th, 9PM ET/PT on FOX

Official Website -- Facebook -- Twitter -- Hulu -- iTunes (US) -- Episode List

-----------------------------------------------

The story so far... *spoilers*

Welcome to the third season of the best sitcom on American TV today... FOX's New Girl. For the unaffiliated, this show started out as a heavy vehicle for the actress Zooey Deschanel, who plays the main character, Jessica Day. Following a break-up with her boyfriend, Jessica (or Jess) finds a new place to live in LA: an apartment shared by three other young, single men. These guys are Schmidt (Max Greenfield), first name unknown, an obnoxiously over-confident Marketing Associate defined equally by his vanity and bizarre lack of racial sensitivity; Nick "Julius Pepperwood" Miller (Jake Johnson), a law school drop-out and bartender slacker with ambitions of becoming an author (just don't give him a cookie); and Winston Bishop (Lamorne Morris), former player in the Latvian Basketball League, currently with a job in sports radio and eternally with a deep love for outrageous pranks.

Of course, this leads to a lot of wacky hi-jinx as the quirky, MPDG nature of Jess conflicts with the various masculine mannerisms of the other flatmates... and yeah, this did happen during the first several or so episodes of Season 1. And it was terrible. The pilot is so one-dimensional it hurts. But - big but - it grew up, fast. After the show reaches its 11th episode, Jess and Julia, the show clicked. It was started to play around with the characters and their dynamics, bouncing them off both themselves and guest stars, and cramming the script full of hilarious quips and exchanges, and by the end of the season it was must-watch material.

Season 2 capitalised on this further, moving on from the S1 romance of Schmidt and Jess's model BFF Cece (Hannah Simone) to Jess's own romantic interests, finally hooking her up with Nick in my personal TV highlight of the year. Seriously, if you haven't seen "Cooler" - DO IT. The outcome may be predictable - yep, the series ends with Jess and Nick finally getting together for good(?) - but the execution is stupendous. And that outcome leads onto...

SEASON 3

Will Nick and Jess's new romance last? Shit, it better do, for Nick's sake! Will Schmidt choose Cece or Elizabeth? Shit, I'd be surprised if either of 'em have him back! Will Winston finally get a decent A-plot? Shit, maybe when the devil goes ice-skating! Oh, and will the return of original flatmate Coach (Damon Wayans, Jr.) be as exciting as it should be? Shit, it better be!

S03E01 - All In - Airs 9/17/13

newgirl-ep301_allin-sc14_00988.jpg

Synopsis said:
Picking up immediately after the events of the Season Two finale (Cece’s cancelled wedding), Nick and Jess decide to go “all in” on their romantic relationship – which leads them to run away to a Mexican beach town. But when Nick runs into trouble with the authorities, it’s Schmidt and Winston to the (possible) rescue, which may land Nick into even deeper trouble. Meanwhile, Schmidt makes a decision regarding Cece and Elizabeth (guest star Merritt Wever), and Winston becomes obsessed with completing a puzzle in the all-new “All In” season premiere episode of NEW GIRL airing Tuesday, Sept. 17 (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (NG-301) (TV-14 D, L, S)

Stills
Promo
Sneak Peak

S03E02 - Jacooz - Airs 9/24/13

BdkTt1x.jpg

Synopsis said:
When Jess desperately tries to fit in with a clique of “mean girl” teachers at her new school, she (mistakenly) turns to Nick for advice on how to deal with them. Meanwhile, an office party is anything but fun for Schmidt, and Winston plots revenge while cat-sitting for Daisy (guest star Song), whom he suspects is cheating on him in the all-new “Jacooz” episode of NEW GIRL airing Tuesday, Sept. 24 (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (NG-302) (TV-14 D, L)

Stills

S03E03 - Double Date - Airs 10/1/13

S03E04 - TBA - Airs 10/8/13

New Girl/Mindy Project Promo
New Girl/Brooklyn Nine-Nine Promo

----------

foVMwtj.jpg

Hope you enjoyed reading, hope you enjoy the season, and remember - everybody, gets, churro.

Great stuff, OP. Can't wait. Do we know if Coach is returning in the 1st ep of this season?

7th episode, simply called "Coach". He's signed on for at least four episodes. I'm excited, because his performance was literally the only thing I enjoyed about the pilot.

Oh, and thanks! It's my favourite nowadays so I figured I'd put some effort into the OP, haha.

Mononoke

Banned
This show keeps getting better as it goes on. Last season was one of my favorite comedies last year. It kept delivering when Community didn't.

Best comedy on TV. Love it. Can't wait for next week.

Schmidt happens.

I expect some quick hardening caulk. That scene in the hardware store had me rolling.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
This fucking show man ... how it managed to be so hilarious I will never know. But it's got big deep hooks in me now.

True American is probably the most amazing thing to come out of a fictional setting ever. So it wins based purely on that.

If only Happy Endings was still around....

Tenck

Didn't think anyone enjoyed it. I remember people on Gaf were talking negatively about it, so this is quite a surprise. I've got the biggest crush on Zooey, should I watch this? :p

Didn't think anyone enjoyed it. I remember people on Gaf were talking negatively about it, so this is quite a surprise. I've got the biggest crush on Zooey, should I watch this? :p

It's SO GOOD. Just bear with the first half or so of S1. It's a grower.

Season 2 is solid gold.

big ander

TBH if you had "the biggest crush" on Zooey you'd be watching it already. but naw, people didn't like it at first. people (not just on GAF) didn't like it much in the first half of the first season, and then it steadily started improving into season 2 where it turned fantastic

3N16MA

Banned

I thought it looked goofy but gave it a chance. It is worth sticking with as it's one of the better comedies on TV.

Bladenic

Completely forgot about new shows starting and very pleasantly surprised it's back next week. Can't wait, S2 was amazing.

Hindle

Banned
The second season only ended yesterday in the UK. It shows how behind we are lol.

Anyway The show keeps getting better and better, roll on S3.

Exodist

This is a pretty great show, but all my friends make fun of me for watching it. They haven't watched it, of course, but for whatever reason they think it's shit.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Probably the name sounds girlish maybe? Show is amazing though. Can't wait for s3
This is really the reason I stayed away from it for the first few weeks. It wasn't until people talked about how good it was in the Community thread at the time that I gave it a chance. Plus I love Zooey. So it was an easy sell.

jadedm17

Started re-watching this recently with a girl I'm seeing and its an absolute blast, and hands down her favorite show I've gotten her into.

Strongly reccomend watching this on Netflix for those who haven't : Shmidt is my favorite character in a sitcom to come out recently, fighting it out with Ron Swanson and Chris Traeger.

Funny show, can't wait. Thanks for the reminder OP.

Messi

Started re-watching this recently with a girl I'm seeing and its an absolute blast, and hands down her favorite show I've gotten her into.

Strongly reccomend watching this on Netflix for those who haven't : Shmidt is my favorite character in a sitcom to come out recently, fighting it out with Ron Swanson and Chris Traeger.

Funny show, can't wait. Thanks for the reminder OP.

I honestly think Nick is funnier than Shmidt. The broke sad sack thing makes me laugh ever single time. Although Shmidt has his amazing moments. Like the lightning bolt on the back of his jacket.

I honestly think Nick is funnier than Shmidt. The broke sad sack thing makes me laugh ever single time. Although Shmidt has his amazing moments. Like the lightning bolt on the back of his jacket.

Season 1 was all about Schmidt. Season 2 was all about Nick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom