• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl Season 6 |OT| The Silly Hounds Have Been Released - Tuesdays at 8:30/7:30c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

0s4pbjG.png

G1DkvSZ.gif

• Cast

Zooey Deschanel as Jessica "Jess" Christopher Day
Jake Johnson as Nicholas "Nick" Miller
Max Greenfield as Schmidt
Lamorne Morris as Winston L'Andre Bishop
Hannah Simone as Cecilia "Cece" Parekh

New Girl Season 6, set to premiere on September 20, will be directed by its lead star, Zooey Deschanel. The 36-year-old actress will be making her directorial debut in the new episode, titled “House Hunt.”

According to Entertainment Weekly, Zooey Deschanel, who plays Jess Day in the sitcom, will be directing New Girl‘s Season 6 premiere. The new episode will reportedly pick up three months after the Season 5 finale, which saw Cece (Hannah Simone) and Schmidt’s (Max Greenfield) highly anticipated wedding and Jess and Nick (Jake Johnson) parting ways when the latter decided to follow Reagan (Megan Fox) in New Orleans.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3418407/ne...an-fox-returns-as-reagan/#ChCRfKh5TZJmerFQ.99

An hour-long crossover event that brings together the words of New Girl and Brooklyn Nine-Nine will arrive this fall, FOX has announced.

The event will air as back-to-back episodes on Tuesday, October 11, beginning with a new episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine at 8pm ET/PT and continuing into an episode of New Girl at 8:30pm ET/PT. The network plans to share additional details about the crossover at a later date.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/08/new-girl-and-brooklyn-nine-nine-crossover-coming-next-season

wTlsrni.gif

Season 5 |OT|

ZeroX03

Banned
There's going to be a B99 and NG crossover what the heck? That'll be weird, especially as they're set on opposite coasts.

S5 was really good, hopefully this keeps up the quality.

Dereck

i'm a tad late, but

S06E01:
House Hunt
Jess struggles to get her mind off Nick when he returns from his summer in New Orleans; Schmidt and Cece search for their first home; Winston deals with a long-distance relationship with Aly.

TheFlow

Banned
I am waiting till tomorrow to watch this with my gf. I already know Winston is going to lose the girl again, but I am ok with that.

ZeroX03

Banned
Okay premiere I guess. Just like last season, Jess continues to be the weakest link by far and dragging scenes down rather than elevating them. It's a shame the episode was so light on Nick.

is coach going to be in this season?

No word on him yet, but more Megan Fox!

Bladenic

There's going to be a B99 and NG crossover what the heck? That'll be weird, especially as they're set on opposite coasts.

S5 was really good, hopefully this keeps up the quality.

I can't remember, is NG set in LA or Chicago? Why am I thinking Chicago? Am I just thinking of Happy Endings?

ZeroX03

Banned
I can't remember, is NG set in LA or Chicago? Why am I thinking Chicago? Am I just thinking of Happy Endings?

New Girl is LA, not that they really mention or leverage it. It's probably just so they don't have to hide where they're shooting.

ZeroX03

Banned
This show... does not do politics well...

Cece being super enthusiastic about it doesn't seem to fit her. I mean she follows Jess' lead but this seemed like a stretch for how much effort she usually puts into things.

TheFlow

Banned
Big fan but damn was this episode trash.

Season premiere was decent, but nothing to write home about.

Winston and smitch (forgot how to spell) gotta pull an award winning performance to save us from Jess ruining the show l.

Brannon

So I've never seen the show, but 6 seasons in, isn't she not the new girl anymore? (ooh original observation bucko)

Unless the theme is bringing in a new girl every season then ok.

big ander

Enjoying the season so far. show hasn't missed a beat, at least not in any significant way.

I love Robbie. he is the best-worst. He's been an incredible 3x-a-season character. I don't want to see him be Jess's boyfriend. and this is coming from someone who watched and loved all of Traffic Light. Hope they take a left turn from that right quick.

Cece and Schmidt are working alright as a married unit. "Maybe we just go to a Norah Jones concert, stand outside and look lost." Funny line but also rings true in that it feels like they haven't returned to working individually, and they also don't totally work as a perpetual pair yet. Early in the season though.

Winston and Aly's relationship has really found a sweet spot! I'd love to see her play off the rest of the cast more, cause I think she could find a spot in the ensemble.

"Damn you raven-haired dandy-boy!" I've wanted Nick to seriously pursue writing for a while and it feels like they're already doing a good job. Plus it's making me realize more how much of Meriwether is in Nick. It's always been easy to imagine she's mostly in Jess but having Nick as a writer reminds me that she probably relates to him just as much. Simple but funny ending there too. "Schmith is a dirtbag."

Great song at the end, Cayucas - Will "The Thrill". Think the band was also in Drinking Buddies but iirc it was a different song. Still, Jake Johnson connection.
So I've never seen the show, but 6 seasons in, isn't she not the new girl anymore? (ooh original observation bucko)

Unless the theme is bringing in a new girl every season then ok.

She's originally the "new girl" in the lives of a bunch of guys who live in a loft apartment. it hasn't really mattered that she's not "new" for seasons and seasons. And are you suggesting that the show should've been titled like, "The Loft" or something? It'd probably communicate the appeal of the show better tbh but it's a blatantly less advertisable (word? probably not) title. "New Girl" has a hook for new viewers and anybody who gets multiple seasons in and remains unable to look past it is a lost cause, honestly

Though I guess a lot of people still maintain that swapping Jess out for Reagan (played by Megan Fox) would be a legitimately good move for the show, despite Jess being a character with an actual story and personality and Reagan being a hot but entirely hollow object of desire. so maybe they should just go with the proposed "new girl a season" conceit.

ZeroX03

Banned
Episode was much better than last week.

Nick and Schmidt badly need an A plot together. Cece is fine but their best pairing is being sidelined.

Robby and Jess make sense, but I think he's just funnier as pathetically in love rather than confident.

Jess is also much better when she's not the most pathetic part of her own storylines.

ZeroX03

Banned
So the New Girl writers don't have a great handle on how to write the B99 characters huh.

The Coach stinger was great though, rest of the episode was fine.

Dereck

I just realized that Coach isn't Damon's character's real name so his B99 character could actually be him. Interesting.

Did they plan that out from the beginning?

ZeroX03

Banned
I just realized that Coach isn't Damon's character's real name so his B99 character could actually be him. Interesting.

Did they plan that out from the beginning?

His real name is Ernie, so ummm. afaik it's just the Cheers reference.

So the New Girl writers don't have a great handle on how to write the B99 characters huh.

Not to mention that the previous episode of 99 established that the cast was all working the night shift. I can understand her running into Jake in the street, but when she went to the precinct, Gina and Holt should not have been there.

AV Club: Behind the scenes of the crossover episode.

Goor described writing the episodes as a “highly highly highly iterative process.” The staffs would send their scripts back and forth to one another, running material by each other all the way through shooting, which also required dealing with actors’ busy schedules. They all had to be careful not to shortchange the other show’s characters in the jokes department, all the while figuring out how to meld the disparate tones.

There is more there about the writing process.

Linius

Not to mention that the previous episode of 99 established that the cast was all working the night shift. I can understand her running into Jake in the street, but when she went to the precinct, Gina and Holt should not have been there.

Completely went past me that the 99 squad shouldn't have been there when Jess was at the station. But you're right.

Anyways, it was alright seeing Jess and Gina share a scene. But naming the whole thing a crossover made me expect a little more than just Jess visiting the presict and having her car seized by Jake. Oh well.

big ander

It was weird how little sense the b99 stuff in the crossover made. Boyle as the guy forcing Nick and Winnie to actually do their trick worked. But why was the 99 crew there when Jess was there when the entire current plot on that show is about how they're working the night shift? Also having Jess say a line to Jake that wasn't in the B99 ep was distracting.

"The Loft goes to NYC" is actually an ok premise for an ep but massaging it to fit a crossover made it a ton worse.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So my cousin was on the latest episode of this show, you might have recognized him as the guy drumming on the buckets

Dereck

I liked the call back to Zooey's corny analogies and how people don't understand them.

Does a bear eat with his hands?

bj3shVM.gif

N32LX1Z.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was pretty good. Winston's example to Nick of how to find a man attractive was actually pretty amazing.

Dereck

That Beyonce joke reminded me of Happy Endings writing.

I think it's about time that Jess had a love interest who is just as much as a goofy dork as she is. Too bad it didn't really work out.

I thought it was pretty good. Winston's example to Nick of how to find a man attractive was actually pretty amazing.
I used Winston's example, it checks out.

There were a lot of shits and giggles in that episode. Lots of good yuks the whole stretch of it.
Yeah

big ander

retired Rear Admiral Jay Garagearoo. Winston and Cece's oddball friendship has been awesome for a while, but it's been kept separate from the group a lot. so I liked having Schmidt realize they have weirdo chemistry, was fun.

They've been continuing to use Robbie really well too, by this season slowly revealing that, while he's the least interesting man ever in person, he's somehow lived the most interesting life ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom