• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl Season 3 |OT| You gave me an OT, I gave you an OT... Gave me OT got you OT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzim

batmanmobile, schmidt taking a gigantic bite of cheese, nick explaining his Keaton-ing, jess's joey ramona quimby, winston not watching the truman show. this was a great episode.

Winston's line about Robin was probably the most I've laughed at New Girl.

"The kids look up to him and the community."

Really felt back on track, for all the reasons already mentioned. For a very brief moment I thought/wanted the real Keaton to show up and be in the episode. DONT JUDGE ME.

Really felt back on track, for all the reasons already mentioned. For a very brief moment I thought/wanted the real Keaton to show up and be in the episode. DONT JUDGE ME.
I thought the same! Even said to my wife "I bet Keaton shows up!" and she said "It's not like he's doing anything else."

LOL

Guess who's back tonight?!? I'm actually pretty excited for this show thanks to all the promo stuff floating around on FB right now.

Money Bunny (or was it Bunny Money) and sissy (at least I thought it was sissy) fighting in the cab made this episode. Did not care for the ladies for the episode. Maybe that was the point.

Also loved the names for strip club food.

A step towards returning to form tonight. Still too much "everyone yelling random stuff" going on but there was some quality. Jess crushing on random words Taye Diggs was saying, Winston in the cab was golden. And Taye at the end in the bed was hilarious as well. Surprisingly Coach wasn't great. I think they wrote him a bit to stereotypically Wayans, if that makes sense. Maybe trying a bit too hard to channel his Happy Endings character. And of course, great strip club food names.

Nice episode, Coach was great.

Still think they're struggling with Nick and Jess though, they seem determined to have a significant test to their relationship in nearly every episode.

Tactics18

Is it just me or Zooey Deschanel's attempts at being serious/dramatic are really bad?
That whole "Please believe me, you HAVE to believe me" line was cringworthy bad. Maybe it's just poor writing.

Pretty funny episode other than that.

Dukey

Banned
"Wanna hear a joke? Two white guys and two black guys walk into a police station. The two white guys walk out."

Loved Winston in this episode. I love Wayans, but not in this episode. I think it was because for most of the episode they had him playing as if he was a tough, non-feeling guy. When he let the guard down, he was great again.

jb1234

Turned it off halfway through. Didn't laugh once. Nick and Jess have no chemistry together. I feel like the rest of the characters have been lost. New Girl's lost me.

Really didn't care for Coach at all. He felt like a completely unnecessary addition. The hardcore no-feelings party guy who turns out to be very sensitive? Never seen that trope before.

Was expected this episode to be all about Coach, so having Taye Diggs swoop in and be hilarious was a surprise.

Holy shit at Nick's KOing him in one punch, though.

inm8num2

I need to rewatch the pilot and see what Coach was like back then.

And I still can't get used to that name.

fraternal_hayden3.jpg

big ander

...Did New Girl just become the blackest show on network TV? :lol
Hah pretty much. It's super rare for a primetime sitcom to have more than two POC in the main cast, and it's even more rare for that to be the case when it's not a family sitcom. This and Brooklyn Nine-Nine are way outside the norm in that regard, which is exciting. I really like Terry and Holt on B99, they were the only two characters that worked right from the beginning and their interactions like in this week's ep have been fun. Hope New Girl can find a way to fit Coach in similarly well.

Make Coach a regular and develop his character into the one he played on Happy Endings.
Adam Pally basically plays his character from HE on the Mindy Project so just keep up with the trend lol

freshair

Make Coach a regular and develop his character into the one he played on Happy Endings.
Adam Pally basically plays his character from HE on the Mindy Project so just keep up with the trend lol

+1

And I'd like to imagine that the "girl" who broke up with him was Happy Endings.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hah pretty much. It's super rare for a primetime sitcom to have more than two POC in the main cast, and it's even more rare for that to be the case when it's not a family sitcom. This and Brooklyn Nine-Nine are way outside the norm in that regard, which is exciting. I really like Terry and Holt on B99, they were the only two characters that worked right from the beginning and their interactions like in this week's ep have been fun. Hope New Girl can find a way to fit Coach in similarly well.

Don't forget Community.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
wayans and pally are good and all but i need some fucking eliza coupe in my life stat.

big ander

Don't forget Community.
Good point, though I'd still give the upper hand to the Fox stable because it's pairing shows with more black and POC cast members while on NBC they're the exception
wayans and pally are good and all but i need some fucking eliza coupe in my life stat.
Truth. And Elisha cuthbert. And Zach knighton. And Casey Wilson.
Just gimme HE back :/

Akahige

wow that episode was just bad, the writing this season has gone way downhill

Coach being a season regular does excite me though

Wow I am not feeling this season. There was one episode, like two weeks ago, that was classic New Girl. The one with Batman I think. Other than that, they're getting a couple chuckles out of me but it's lost its mojo.

I'm actually bummed by that. This has been my favorite sitcom and I feel like they're just blowing it this season.

I seriously think it's Nick/Jess being together and Schmidt/Cece being apart. Happy Schmidt is best Schmidt, because he's off the wall with his zaniness when he's banging Cece. Nick and Jess together is just not working. At. All.

Fatalah

I was upset when Coach left the show, but now that he's back, I can't remember what his character is supposed to be. He doesn't fit.

I miss the Winston-Schmidt-Nick hijinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom