• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl Season 5 |OT| (feat. April O'Neal) Tuesdays 8/7c on Megan FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

dOrTBGw.png

http://www.vinereport.com/article/n....jan.5.megan.fox.may.shake.things.up/6140.htm

When Fox's comedy drama series "New Girl" returns to the small screen for season 5, viewers will see that one of the mainstay tenants will be absent in the first few episodes. However, another resident will temporarily take her place.

Actress Zooey Deschanel who portrays the bubbly Jess is currently under maternity leave. Her character's disappearance from the show for some time is explained by sequestering her for jury duty. Her flatmates Nick, Schmidt, and Winston decided to have her room rented out with Megan Fox as the new occupant.

Fox will play the role of Reagan, who is described to be a gorgeous pharmaceutical sales representative. She is in town for a short while to do some business.

PXzCYAF.png

Q4uPobn.jpg

Promos:

A Hairy Situation

Processing

QxiPY69.gif

Season 4

jelly

I didn't like last season that much or was it the one before. Still some funny episodes though. Hope this gets back to form.

Dereck

I don't think season 4 was better than 2, but it was definitely better than 3 which is the low point of the show.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
How did they even get Megan Fox to agree to this? Maybe the money was really good and it's only short term? She just seems like the type of person who wouldn't want to be in sitcoms anymore, she jetted from that stuff a decade ago.

I still like this show. It isn't must see TV for me, but it has its moments. Season 1 Schmidt was so close to being a breakout character, then they kinda fumbled his character in the following seasons. Winston and Coach are the new hotness.

Kaizer

Banned
Think I stopped watching New Girl around the time Prince showed up for the Super Bowl episode. Was that season 3? I'll have to catch up on Netflix.

So Megan Fox, is going to be a regular? Or is like an arc or something. Winston is the man.
As it says, she's replacing Deschanel who's going on maternity leave. I'm guessing she just sticks around in her place for a few episodes and either stays or leaves after she comes back.

TP-DK

Thank god it's only for a few episodes.

I'm watching season 4 on Netflix and it's hilarious. Love this show.

woodland

Gonna watch most of Season 4 on Netflix, but I caught the last 5 eps on Hulu and they were fantastic.

Been waiting since season 2 for
Cece & Schmidt
!

Edit: Agree that Zoe is the worst character.

Great return tonight.

"Stop being so mean to me, or I will fall in love with you!"

And Winston registering Nick as a sex offender was awesome.

Shaanyboi

Banned
How did they even get Megan Fox to agree to this? Maybe the money was really good and it's only short term? She just seems like the type of person who wouldn't want to be in sitcoms anymore, she jetted from that stuff a decade ago.

I still like this show. It isn't must see TV for me, but it has its moments. Season 1 Schmidt was so close to being a breakout character, then they kinda fumbled his character in the following seasons. Winston and Coach are the new hotness.

Does she have all that much else going on for her?

Dereck

- AV Club review:
With Zooey Deschanel’s maternity leave on the horizon, New Girl didn’t take a break after season four wrapped, jumping directly into season five’s first four episodes. Not only did this give the writers and producers a head start on their star’s absence—due to be filled by new new girl Megan Fox—but it also allowed them to draft on the momentum of the show’s comeback year. More time has passed in our universe than it has in New Girl’s, so “Big Mama P” comes complete with helpful reminders of the threads left hanging after “Clean Break”: The pending Schmidt-Parekh nuptials, of course, but also Schmidt and Nick’s foray into bar-owning partnership and Winston’s continuing adventures with the LAPD. Add a nod to Coach and a gag that gets the pregnant lady off her feet for a week, and the season premiere is ready to bridge the gap between the end of season four and the parts of season five that came after the show resumed production.

big ander

all-timer episode last night, joke machine. I like how it relies on Jess, while removing her from everyone to show how the show might be able to work with her gone for a while. guess we'll see what happens.

"Hey, Jess, it's your roommate Winston Bishop. Isn't it amazing how a frame can elevate already great art?"
"'Stop harassing Beck.'" "Absolutely not." "He cut you off on the freeway."
"Stop calling me Nick-hole! I'm a boy!"
"So does squirrel need key?"
"The last page is just obscene drawings of cartoon princesses." "I saw, you're very talented." "Thanks. What they're doing is disgusting, but I think the drawings are nice."
loved everybody saying goodbye to jess as if she were going to jail. "Make friends with big ladies." "hate got you in there but love is gonna bust you out!"

where's the gif of Nick getting winded trying to make Cece flinch

Akahige

I've een watching Season 4, godamn what happened between Season 3 and 4? The show is firing on all cylinders, I'm not sure how they came back from a slump so strong, the character's are all hilarious now, the show is finally an ensemble piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom