• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl Season One |OT| Zooey Deschanel is f***ing cute, got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hieberrr

KuGsj.gif
I just started watching this show and it's amazing! I love it when comedy is actually funny (unlike current HIMYM)

oatmeal

Banned
Show is shockingly good.

Wife got me into it, and we only got into it because Cece's real life boyfriend stayed at my house not too long ago.

I wish Jess's stuff was pared down, the show is making me hate Zooey. She's annoying as shit. But the guys are outstanding.

Welp, that was my favorite show of the 2011-2012 season. There's not much to say besides that it's adorkable.

I'm glad that they didn't feel the need to push the Jess/Nick relationship. Save that for when the series is definitely ending. :)

Great episode, and great finale. Very funny, and quite touching as well.

And right now they are doing a repeat of the one with the landlord. Another fantastic episode.

Loved how it ended. I hate cliff-hangers and this didn't really have one unless you count Schmidt-Cece. I hope they work it out early in season 2 because they're one of the best couples on TV.

Gameboy415

I'm surprised to see how much everyone liked this episode...

The second half just seemed too random to me.
-Schmidt and Cece breaking up over basically nothing after finally admitting they care about each other? Blah.
-Nick finally going of on his own -oh wait he's back with no explanation aaaaand dance party.
-New guy is still there?

I think the show is great overall, I was just a bit disappointed with the finale.
Here's hoping Season 2 is even better!

The second half just seemed too random to me.
-Schmidt and Cece breaking up over basically nothing after finally admitting they care about each other? Blah.
-Nick finally going of on his own -oh wait he's back with no explanation aaaaand dance party.
-New guy is still there?

I think the show is great overall, I was just a bit disappointed with the finale.
Here's hoping Season 2 is even better!

Schmidt was jealous. Something very new to him, and he didn't know how to handle it.

Nick had a meltdown and backslid all the way back into the parking lot. His parents will pick him up at the ski lodge.

New guy is still there because he already paid is my guess.

adelante

Nick had a meltdown and backslid all the way back into the parking lot. His parents will pick him up at the ski lodge.

LMAO nice reference

Neat ending, this whole show turned out to be surprisingly great, largely due to the cast...although I do wish they'd get Coach back in the next season, even if it's for just a few episodes :p

Damn Cece got White Fanged.

Now go-on, you heard me.

Git outta here.

Go-on, scram!

tumblr_m3r4lwyXky1qadnujo1_500.gif

lol Schmidt.

Best new show easily. Hilariously funny but also with feelings, and stuff. I did think it was a pretty bad last few min of the season to end on, kinda like uh ok? I guess I was expecting something else. Rest of the episode was usual gold though. Really was the show that made me laugh the most this year. Heres to next season!

Oh my god, that last "Meep!" killed me. Great show but I missed a lot of the episodes. All the more reason to buy the DVD set now~

I thought it was a weak finale and one of the weaker episodes of the season overall, but that didn't stop my good feelings towards the show.

IMO, the Schmidt/Cece break-up should have happened during the Season 2 opening. And it could have been implied that during the show's break that Schmidt had been working up a mean case of jealousy and doubt instead of him snapping over one photo shoot and text. They could have dedicated a whole episode to that to really do it justice.

The one thing I'm glad that the show didn't do was end the will they/won't they tension between Nick and Jess. That's a good way to kill my interest in a series early on.

Overall, New Girl was my favorite 30 minutes of television every week! I can't wait for it to come back!

RaGe_pt

Show is shockingly good.

Wife got me into it, and we only got into it because Cece's real life boyfriend stayed at my house not too long ago.

I wish Jess's stuff was pared down, the show is making me hate Zooey. She's annoying as shit. But the guys are outstanding.

So if Cece's real life boyfriend stayed at your house, does it mean that you could have, by any chance, meet Cece?

Almost all of Nadia's lines were amazing.

Her lines were good, but it was her delivery that slayed me. The scene where she's getting almost violently mad at Schmidt for not knowing who Mick Mouse was and then he asked, "Do you mean Mickey Mouse?" And she went from being incredibly annoyed to being incredibly meek the very next second when she replied, "Yes." She's so awesome.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Finally caught up with the finale. I agree that the last few minutes were a bit all over the place but man does it still put a smile on my face. Love it.

Just a heads up, but Max "Schmidt" Greenfield will be on Craig Ferguson this week. I expect much epicness from it, as Craigy Ferg has awesome interviews. And Max seems the sort to actually keep up with Craig.

Zoe

Wtf, watching a Veronica Mars marathon right now, and I just realized that Deputy Leo is Schmidt! He's so boring on VM, it's hard to believe it's him :lol

Funny, when I started New Girl I was like "Dude! It's the deputy from Veronica Mars!"

Speaking of which, here is the video of Max Greenfield on Craigy Ferg. Since it seems Ferguson loves him, he needs him and Kristen Bell on at the same time for epicness.

http://youtu.be/WuxM9D-d_ck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom