• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl Season One |OT| Zooey Deschanel is f***ing cute, got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

Happy about season 2. Just hope the ratings pick up, doubtful that it would get a third season with those ratings.

Will watch this week's episode later in the week. If the last few episodes of the season are as good as the last five or so, then season 1 will officially be great. The first few episodes were kinda meh, but it's been getting better ever since.

Ratings were back up, thanks to Glee it seems.

EW said:
At least Glee came in second place in the hour and helped jump start New Girl (5.3 million, 2.7), which climbed 17 percent this week, along with Raising Hope (3.9 million, 1.9).

mm04

No love for this last episode? Damn, I thought it was funny as hell. Loved KAJ's guest appearance, True American, Winkelvoss'd and Relapse.

Linius

I absolutely adore this show, though it has it's ups and downs. Schmidt is by far my favourite character, Zooey's cuteness can't even top that.

tumblr_m26m8lLdee1r3e62yo1_500.gif

big ander

Hilarious episode. The daughter was sort of overwrought, but everything else being so freaking funny made that very easy to ignore. "I've peed in every pool I've ever been in."

Bladenic

Winston has honestly always just been there. To be honest, I can't even remember him existing in the first half of the season. Like seriously, he might as well not have been there at all. Only the last few episodes have had him as more of a character. Still the weakest link, and what I vaguely remember of Coach I remember liking a lot more than Winston. Oh well, it's a good thing I love the other 4 main characters.

Winston (as he commonly is) was the weak part of the episode, but the rest was absolute gold.

Seriously, so good. I really feel like this show has hit its stride in the past 5-6 episodes.

Radec

Fantastic episode.

Both Schmidt and Cece are just waiting for someone to step-up and confess their feelings. But that probably won't happen.

Bladenic

Watched this week's episode with my girl and omg was it hilarious. So many funny moments and the writing is great. By far my favorite new show from last fall, and the only show from last fall that I look forward to every week. Praying that season 2 has better ratings because:
1) This show deserves to be seen.
2) I want this show to last a while, 5 season at least! (provided it stays of the same or near the same quality of course).

Yeah, can't wait to see how the season ends. I'm guessing Jess and Dermot Mulroney will break up since he's a guest character and Cece and Schmidt will become official, maybe. Nick, eh who knows. Winston I could care less. He was so forgettable in this episode it was crazy. I mean he wasn't even part of the main story, that's when you know a character is throwaway. I suppose he's there to be the kind of straight man when everyone else is more weird, quirky, outlandish, embarrassing, etc. But it doesn't excuse his boring presence. Oh well.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Watched this week's episode with my girl and omg was it hilarious. So many funny moments and the writing is great. By far my favorite new show from last fall, and the only show from last fall that I look forward to every week. Praying that season 2 has better ratings because:
1) This show deserves to be seen.
2) I want this show to last a while, 5 season at least! (provided it stays of the same or near the same quality of course).

Yeah, can't wait to see how the season ends. I'm guessing Jess and Dermot Mulroney will break up since he's a guest character and Cece and Schmidt will become official, maybe. Nick, eh who knows. Winston I could care less. He was so forgettable in this episode it was crazy. I mean he wasn't even part of the main story, that's when you know a character is throwaway. I suppose he's there to be the kind of straight man when everyone else is more weird, quirky, outlandish, embarrassing, etc. But it doesn't excuse his boring presence. Oh well.

His performance was pretty good in the previous episode? I think its just the case that he's being overshadowed by all of the other great characters. I mean I don't find Cece a particular great character...she could pretty much be replaced by any hot chick and the Schmidt interaction would still be great because of Schmidt.

I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been a movie deal with him.

I'll start working on a script. Will you help me sell it?

Edit:
Schmidt believes that before he can marry Cece he needs to go on a soul-searching tour of her homeland to ensure he "captures of the essence of her being" so he plans a trip to India. Winston played basketball in Europe, which is considered close enough to allow him to be the tour guide. Nick coincidentally gets an opportunity to interview for a job at a call center in Bangalore and tags along. Jess and Cece, realizing that the boys will never return without intervention, decide they must go to keep everyone in line. Russell can't bear to have Jess gone for so long, so he agrees to accompany them and fly them over there in his lear jet. Nick quickly agrees as he can't afford a plane ticket.

Hilarity, with much ad libbing, ensues.

The Taj Mahal becomes the centerpiece for Schmidt's discovery of Cece's "essence" and they wind up being wed there.

Credits roll to whatever romantic high pop thing is most popular next summer.

Boom - $100M guaranteed.

Just make Hangover III, but with Schmidt. The entire movie would be the regular cast hung over and asleep while Schmidt continues the party.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I'll start working on a script. Will you help me sell it?

Edit:
Schmidt believes that before he can marry Cece he needs to go on a soul-searching tour of her homeland to ensure he "captures of the essence of her being" so he plans a trip to India. Winston played basketball in Europe, which is considered close enough to allow him to be the tour guide. Nick coincidentally gets an opportunity to interview for a job at a call center in Bangalore and tags along. Jess and Cece, realizing that the boys will never return without intervention, decide they must go to keep everyone in line. Russell can't bear to have Jess gone for so long, so he agrees to accompany them and fly them over there in his lear jet. Nick quickly agrees as he can't afford a plane ticket.

Hilarity, with much ad libbing, ensues.

The Taj Mahal becomes the centerpiece for Schmidt's discovery of Cece's "essence" and they wind up being wed there.

Credits roll to whatever romantic high pop thing is most popular next summer.

Boom - $100M guaranteed.

Don't forget the Bollywood dance number.

My wife and I decided to watch No Strings Attached on Netflix last night. We were both in the mood for something insipid and funny. Well, first thing we noticed was that Jake Johnson (Nick) was in it, along with Lake Bell. Then as the credits went on, I noticed that Elizabeth Meriwether was the writer, and even cameoed in it.

The movie was funny, but not spectacular. You can tell it is from Meriwether though, just by the vibe of many of the gags and the dialogue. But it made me think, what happened to Meriwether in real life? Between this movie and the Cece/Schmidt relationship on New Girl, Meriwether had to have gone through a friends with benefits relationship herself that left a strong impression. In No Strings Attached, I am guessing she was the Ashton Kutcher character (writer on a TV show and gets his script picked up) and got attached to the person in real life.

Diablos54

Man that was good. So happy that there will be a season 2. Schmidt was the star of the show as usual, but Nick gets better every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom