• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl Season One |OT| Zooey Deschanel is f***ing cute, got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched. Great episode, as expected. And it looks like my prediction about Nick and Jess sleeping together before the season ends will happen.

But Schmidt. Damn he kills it. "I swear, her vagina has a right angle in it."

Bernadette Peters on a high beam.
Models eating sliders.
Freshly baked bread.

BJK

I dislike the self-destructive version of Nick so much, it makes me like Jess less, even though I know that the writers have been forcing this angle all season.

Thank God Schmidt is on the show. I was laughing for a good minute after "traffic cone."

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Traffic Cone ended it for me. I had to pause it and just let the laugh out
KuGsj.gif

I was just done from his
"penis having a heart attack"
comment. Everyone watching it with me was laughing uncontrollably for a good couple of minutes. I can't wait to rewatch that.

Just watched. Great episode, as expected. And it looks like my prediction about Nick and Jess sleeping together before the season ends will happen.

But Schmidt. Damn he kills it. "I swear, her vagina has a right angle in it."

Bernadette Peters on a high beam.
Models eating sliders.
Freshly baked bread.

BOOOIIIIINNNNGGGGG

roflmao

Blader

This was the first episode in a long time -- maybe the whole show's run -- that I didn't like. Don't know why, just found it way more annoying than funny.

mm04

Great episode. Nadia was scene stealer for me. Her interaction with Schmidt was making me laugh out loud. “I like his face. I want punch, punch, punch.”

The ending was fairly predictable, though. There's Jess' passion, right there. I'm just glad they didn't kiss or anything. We know it's gonna happen, but all that happening in the same episode would've been a bit much.

Danielsan

Great episode. Nadia was scene stealer for me. Her interaction with Schmidt was making me laugh out loud. “I like his face. I want punch, punch, punch.”

The ending was fairly predictable, though. There's Jess' passion, right there. I'm just glad they didn't kiss or anything. We know it's gonna happen, but all that happening in the same episode would've been a bit much.
The ending was predictable up to a point... then they held a butt off and I lost it.

I've started watching this show and saw the first five episodes so far. While it gets way too awkward in some scenes (I can't really watch awkward scenes), it still provides some entertainment. Schmidt is great, I hope Nick develops a bit further and I don't really care about that other guy. He could just as well not be part of the crew. Jess is okay, even though she makes me cringe sometimes. And I sure as hell hope she doesn't end up with any of those guys. Episode 5 was my last encounter with Cece and while I want to like her, her tits were way too distracting in that episode.

untitled-32mkjw.gif

I've started watching this show and saw the first five episodes so far. While it gets way too awkward in some scenes (I can't really watch awkward scenes), it still provides some entertainment. Schmidt is great, I hope Nick develops a bit further and I don't really care about that other guy. He could just as well not be part of the crew. Jess is okay, even though she makes me cringe sometimes. And I sure as hell hope she doesn't end up with any of those guys. Episode 5 was my last encounter with Cece and while I want to like her, her tits were way too distracting in that episode.

untitled-32mkjw.gif

Does not compute.

985boi

Anybody noticed when the guys were fighting, they shouted out Coach's name?

EDIT:

"Be nice to Coach or he'll take off and live with a bunch of other white people." LOL

Also season finale is next week.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Anybody noticed when the guys were fighting, they shouted out Coach's name?

EDIT:

"Be nice to Coach or he'll take off and live with a bunch of other white people." LOL

Also season finale is next week.

yeah, loved the Coach reference.

So many earring jokes! Winston's changed, he wouldn't keep that.
I found Justin Long to be annoying (normally like him).
Future Nick stuff was decent.

My girlfriend was oh, so kind to play me one of Zooey Deschanel's musical efforts the other day.

I was pretty indifferent to the girl previously - she's cute with a slightly irksome "schtick" - but now... Now I hate her. Don't listen. Please. Don't do it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Name 5 others.

wow, five? hmmm. I recall there being a Married With Children episode where Al met a black version of himself. I suppose if we count television shows I know Homer Simpson has had an encounter as well, unsure of the ethnicity, but I know it's happened... if you want to be a real stickler for all 5 I can't say I'd meet that requirement. My memory isn't that great with old tv shows and remembering things like that. Community nor New Girl are unique in using this trope tho. I mean then you even have stuff like the Star Trek episode where there were the mirror selves of the members of the enterprise. Just because they added a racial twist (either show) doesn't mean someone copied the other
KuGsj.gif
It's just silly to think that way.

Just because they added a racial twist (either show) doesn't mean someone copied the other
KuGsj.gif

No, it's actually fine to think that way. Overreacting to someone's observation though is kinda odd. But hey, we're all different, right?

Like Past Nick. He's different...and full of wisdom:

"Hello, Nick, you magnificent dumbass. You decided to get back with Caroline? Well congratulations, you idiot. She destroyed you. [Pulls out a jar holding a clear liquid] These, my dumb friend, are your tears. You saved them all. Think back, Nick -- or whatever they call you in your times. Who dumped you three times? Once before your brother's wedding! This is the poem you wrote about Caroline: 'Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? No, a summer's day is not a bitch.' Look at how far you've come. Want to be a bartender forever, pal? You want to be a grown man who dresses like an unsponsored professional skateboarder? You don't want to live like this. You're movin' on! [Double barrels Jack and beer] Hey, what's the difference between me and Bill Cosby? [does Cosby jazz hands]"

And later... "Now that I've got your attention, Future Nick, there are few things I'd like to talk to you about: Be nicer to your mom when she calls. Stop giving yourself high fives. Put your head under water, you 2-year-old! Be nicer to Coach or he's going to take off... live with a bunch of other white people. ... I know karate! ... I'm Nick, I'm grumpy, I'm going to put my baby hood on! Sex is a sprint, not a marathon. [singing] You are special, you are special! [abruptly stops to look around] We'll see each other in the future."

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Name 5 others.

One of the best lines of the night, but sadly reminds me of how awful Winston is and how great Damon Wayans Jr. is on Happy Endings. Those lucky white people.

You know, if they really wanted to mess with us, they could establish that those two characters are actually the same person. [Coach and Brad]

Imagine a Happy Endings/New Girl crossover episode. Brilliant!

Salaadin

I loved when Cece and Schmidt came clean with eachother and he starts screaming in pain. It was an obvious joke but his cries were hilarious.

Guzim

wow, five? hmmm. I recall there being a Married With Children episode where Al met a black version of himself. I suppose if we count television shows I know Homer Simpson has had an encounter as well, unsure of the ethnicity, but I know it's happened... if you want to be a real stickler for all 5 I can't say I'd meet that requirement. My memory isn't that great with old tv shows and remembering things like that. Community nor New Girl are unique in using this trope tho. I mean then you even have stuff like the Star Trek episode where there were the mirror selves of the members of the enterprise. Just because they added a racial twist (either show) doesn't mean someone copied the other
KuGsj.gif

Don't forget The King of Queens episode where there's Black Doug.

After the new episode ended last night, I caught some of that old wedding episode (episode 3?) and boy I'm glad they moved on from The Zoey Deschanel Show.

You know, if they really wanted to mess with us, they could establish that those two characters are actually the same person. [Coach and Brad]

Imagine a Happy Endings/New Girl crossover episode. Brilliant!

Schmit talking about that one time he managed a coffee shop and experimented with men would certainly be interesting!

After the new episode ended last night, I caught some of that old wedding episode (episode 3?) and boy I'm glad they moved on from The Zoey Deschanel Show.

That was the episode that was nearly the end for me with this show. One of the absolute worst 30 minutes of TV I'd purposely watched in awhile. Drunk-Nick was some of the worst acting ever. Fortunately they did move on, though. The episode with Nick's girlfriend getting annoyed at Jess' quirkiness was when it started to turn around for me.

Meier

I liked Dermot Mulroney a lot on this. I saw it was announced a few weeks back that he was likely being cast in a leading role on another show so I knew he probably wouldn't last much longer but that's a bummer.

"Asian Jess? Hah... OW"

Actually Zooey was looking pretty damn good this episode so I can hardly blame Schmidt for his painboner

I'm glad they've realised this show's strong point is the quality with which the cast shit on each other. The opening segment with everyone bitching about Jess's song, and later everyone ripping on Winston's ear-ring made this episode. "Captain Black Sparrow" was a highlight.

ivysaur12

Banned
This episode was on fucking fire. Full blast whole ep. Winston was LITERALLY in his prime here.

No. Winston was the butt of every joke, he didn't actually do anything himself. Which is fine for a while and solves a temporary problem that everyone knows exists.

Great episode. New Girl can hit the emotional beats so well. Not sure where Cece and Schmidt is going, but I'm a little nervous. I like them together and I heard it's going to be "unexpected." Not sure if that means something like a break up or a proposal or something in between.

Schmit talking about that one time he managed a coffee shop and experimented with men would certainly be interesting!

It might actually fit pretty well into New Girl continuity. Brad moved to LA during a bad spring smackdown. Boom.

I'm also getting a bit worried about New Girl's long term future. Sure, ratings are down for everyone across the board, but the show has gone from constantly beating Glee to sliding back down to Earth. I imagine it'll bump up in the fall, but it's no longer the slam dunk live-viewing machine it was in the fall. Ugh. It's like the show gets better and people start losing interest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom