• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl Season One |OT| Zooey Deschanel is f***ing cute, got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season 2 Key art.

JDdpn.jpg
I don't wash the towel. The towel washes me.

Jitters

I really hope they have an episode next season where Jess has a cousin thats looks like her and she is played by Katy Perry. That would be magical.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Oh boy. One of my favorite shows ever. With one of my favorite actresses ever. Cannot wait for the new season. Last season was brilliant. God I hope Fox never fucks this one up. I don't want to have another online Twitter campaign for yet another show. Especially after the long Community and Cougar Town campaigns people just had this spring.

Oh boy. One of my favorite shows ever. With one of my favorite actresses ever. Cannot wait for the new season. Last season was brilliant. God I hope Fox never fucks this one up. I don't want to have another online Twitter campaign for yet another show. Especially after the long Community and Cougar Town campaigns people just had this spring.
Not as exhausting as having to do it multiple times just for Chuck.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I started watching this about three weeks ago on Danj's recommendation (after watching a couple of movies with Zooey in them).

I like this despite of myself, and Zooey really is fucking cute.
The plots are often stupid and it feels like they're just building shit up for the inevitable Jess-Nick hook-up and break-up, but I like the observational humour and even Jess' stupidity makes me laugh sometimes.

He is wearing an uncharacteristic amount of clothes, though.

Shirtless or cardigan. The only two looks that Schmidt has.

Anyways, casting scoop from EW:

EW said:
Ready for three pieces of New Girl season two casting news?

First and foremost: Zooey Deschanel’s new love interest on the show is going to be played by David Walton. The actor most recently starred in NBC’s comedy Bent. Now he’s landed a recurring role in season two of New Girl when Jess falls for a “classic bad boy type.” His character mistakes Jess for someone else, but she decides to go along with it anyway. Expect him to show up in New Girl’s premiere on Sept. 25.

Second bit o’ news: Actress Leslie Mann (Knocked Up) will guest star in the second season premiere. She’ll play a “shot girl” whom Schmidt (Max Greenfield) hires to work his party celebrating the removal of his penis cast. (Finally got to use the term “penis cast” in a sentence.)

And last but not least: Rachael Harris (The Hangover) is returning to the show. Harris played the vice-principal of Jess’s school in the first season and has now booked an appearance in season two as well.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'm more inclined to believe the Twitter hash tag that the official people put on the show over the closed captioning which is designed to be easy to read.

It's McMouse. As in getting her Americanizations of McDonalds and Mickey Mouse mixed together.

It's also Car Hold and Viking means he's good at it.

Let's please not turn this into another Simpsons argument thread. Because that's what it's going to turn into if we keep arguing over semantics.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Thank you, Abed! I agree on both your points. We should be talking about how Max Greenfield got an Emmy nomination for his role as Schmidt!
Well he deserves it. He's the best character on the show next to Zooey. The rest are awesome too, but Schmidt is just something else. Chut-e-ney. God, time for a rewatch I think.

Amazon
51Ve2Eoa8jL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Before Jess was the new girl, there was Nick, Winston, Schmidt . . . and The Douchebag Jar.

Originally devised to do nothing more than alter Schmidt's wardrobe, hairstyle, and personality, the Douchebag Jar has become an apartment-wide phenomenon, forever changing the way douche-like behavior is viewed, policed, and penalized.

Compiled and annotated by Schmidt himself, The Douche Journals catalogs the jar's first years in existence. Every jar-worthy outfit, faux pas, and innuendo is captured exquisitely and for all time, transporting fans and scholars alike into the inner orbit of a master douche at the height of his powers. Comprehensive, unflinching, and fully illustrated, The Douche Journals delves deep into the annals of douchery.

Oh, god. Carla Gugino is going to be in multiple episodes as Schmidt's new boss. But it is the description of what she is going to be like that is hilarious.

Max Greenfield’s Schmidt is no stranger to romantic entanglements with the boss, so perhaps it’s no surprise that things are about to get stranger at the office on New Girl. EW has learned that Carla Gugino (Political Animals, Entourage) has signed on to the Fox comedy to play Emma, Schmidt’s sweet-seeming new superior who’s actually a high-powered sex freak. The two will engage in a Fifty Shades of Grey-esque relationship when Schmidt is forced to sign a contract that binds him to Emma.
Gugino, who will appear in three episodes, pops up for the first time in the seventh installment of the season, which is slated to shoot later this month and to hit screens in November.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/14/new-girl-carla-gugino/

And more spoilers from EW:

New Girl scoop would be much appreciated! – Martha
I can’t put it any better than the brilliant Lamorne Morris: “There is a little ho’in,” he says. “[Jess] has got multiple dudes. Schmidt’s penis is working now, so he is going to be running around, doing crazy stuff. And I may be around doing some crazy things. I’m having a different kind of sex that you will see – it’s a different kind of love that I’m giving out.” I’m a little disturbed. Any one else disturbed? Yes, definitely disturbed. And excited.

Hey Sandra! Any New Girl scoopage? – Julia
Schmidt is becoming a Romney! In one episode, he pretends to be Mitt Romney’s son to pick up a girl, and Morris teases, “there’s a really cool fashion statement he ties to make” in the episode. “It’s really funny, so you have to pay attention to it. It’s really fun, but stupid.” THAT’S MY FAVORITE KIND OF FUNNY!

Also, who is making OT for season 2? Are you on that, Ivy?

Is there any service streaming the first season of this show?
Not that I know of outside of Hulu. I think Hulu has it.

I was weak and impatient and bought it off of iTunes last week and am marathoning it again. I have been waiting for it to get cheaper but I needed my Schmidt fix.

Just finished rewatching "Injured." I liked the episode when it first aired, but I LOVED it this time. The episode that was more focused on the friendship of the group and how they support each other, but it just happened to have some funny bits to it. It proved that the characters and actors can still work perfectly in a more realistic and serious setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom