• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

La Mulana is coming to (atleast) PSVita.

ReaperXL7

Apprently the game was announced for (atleast) the PSVita during the Sony/Playism event.

BUw80H2CAAA94lc.jpg

Ill post more details as soon as they are available.Im sure its coming to PS3, or PS4 also.

For those unaware of what La Mulana is: http://la-mulana.com/en/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great! Game is dope as fuck and everyone should own it. This will be my third time buying it but I DON'T CARE!

Maedhros

AW YEAH!!!

Man, so many fucking great games coming to Vita... I can't resist anymore... After I get the 3DS with Pokemon Y, this will be my priority.

Goldmund

Ah, damn it, if I hadn't played on the PC yet, I'd play it on Vita. This is the perfect game to play lying in your bed when you can't sleep and then make sure that you won't sleep.

omg_mjd

Almost bought this game when it was on sale on Steam but I had a hunch that this was yet another indie darling that would be ported to the Vita. Glad I was right!

Is it as good as Spelunky? Because I might just play that for the rest of my life.

Heard a lot of people liking La Mulana..

How's it compare to Spelunky?

It's nothing like it. The only thing they got in common is that they both have platforming elements (Spelunky more than La-Mulana).
La Mulana is a metroidvania oriented towards puzzle and riddles resolution with a gigantic amount of content (20 to 30hrs depending on how much you use a guide). The game is also very hard and you will need to retry some boss battles a lot to get through them.
The platforming is stiff but you can do nice things with it when you master it.
The OST is boss : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-rfhi6I84hM

The riddles/puzzles get really tough to resolve once you hit approx. the middle of the game (Gate of Illusion) so there's no shame in using a guide when you get there to at least know where you should be going since the map is so fucking huge. There's also a few riddles that will make you say "that's bullshit and you know it" but it's part of the game (I'm talking Numb3rs levels of fuckedness here). It's still manageable to beat the game without a guide but it's five-months-old-baguette hard.

All in all, depending on how the game clicks with you it can range from being an obtuse and weird piece of software to one of the best/the best metroidvania ever made. One thing's for sure and it's quoted in the store page : we may never get another game like La-Mulana. (EDIT : this was before La-Mulana 2 was announced so you can guess I'm pretty happy)

cj_iwakura

Never understood why people who owned a Wii skipped out on this game.

It also has one feature ONLY the Wii can do: remote speaker sounds. Minimal, but neat.

It is a brutal game though, I can see that scaring them off. I never even finished it.

It wasn't rage, though. I'm excruciatingly patient. I was just lost.

meppi

Great news. Loved it on WiiWare even though I got distracted by other games and didn't continue on this one.

Bodes well for the sequel I think. :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Glad I waited and didn't cave on the steam sale,

That $3 would have been just a little too much for you huh?

Also it's not like Spelunky, it's not like Dark Souls. The only similarity it shares between Spelunky is you have a whip. It's lovingly crafted, not random or roguelike at all. Just tough. And you have to think - a lot.

ReaperXL7

Any idea on a release date???

No idea yet. Only found out about it because of the pic, there has not been any offical news out of the event yet, so there could be more that was announced. As it stand we only have the pic for now, as soon as that changes ill update the OP.

Top Bottom