• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

La Mulana is coming to (atleast) PSVita.

Miburou

No idea yet. Only found out about it because of the pic, there has not been any offical news out of the event yet, so there could be more that was announced. As it stand we only have the pic for now, as soon as that changes ill update the OP.

I took that (crappy) pic. They just showed the Vita with the game's title screen on it. It was pretty noisy, and mostly in Japanese. I asked one of the Playism guys if they just announced La Mulana on Vita, and he said it's "a La Mulana game", so I took that to mean it could be more than one game. (that was before they showed the Vita in the pic).

I guess we'll get a clearer announcement soon.

I took that (crappy) pic. They just showed the Vita with the game's title screen on it. It was pretty noisy, and mostly in Japanese. I asked one of the Playism guys if they just announced La Mulana on Vita, and he said it's "a La Mulana game", so I took that to mean it could be more than one game. (that was before they showed the Vita in the pic).

Job well done!

I'm glad you were on the scene,to report this back us readers of GAF.

I salute you. Totally excited for this.

Odrion

Banned
Awesome news. The Vita really is starting to accumulate all the best indie games out there.

Now it just needs DUST.

Tohsaka

Will grab this version for sure, a couple of my friends have been talking about the game all the time lately and I'm not really a big fan of PC gaming.

so1337

It's nothing like it. The only thing they got in common is that they both have platforming elements (Spelunky more than La-Mulana).
La Mulana is a metroidvania oriented towards puzzle and riddles resolution with a gigantic amount of content (20 to 30hrs depending on how much you use a guide). The game is also very hard and you will need to retry some boss battles a lot to get through them.
The platforming is stiff but you can do nice things with it when you master it.
The OST is boss : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-rfhi6I84hM

The riddles/puzzles get really tough to resolve once you hit approx. the middle of the game (Gate of Illusion) so there's no shame in using a guide when you get there to at least know where you should be going since the map is so fucking huge. There's also a few riddles that will make you say "that's bullshit and you know it" but it's part of the game (I'm talking Numb3rs levels of fuckedness here). It's still manageable to beat the game without a guide but it's five-months-old-baguette hard.

All in all, depending on how the game clicks with you it can range from being an obtuse and weird piece of software to one of the best/the best metroidvania ever made. One thing's for sure and it's quoted in the store page : we may never get another game like La-Mulana. (EDIT : this was before La-Mulana 2 was announced so you can guess I'm pretty happy)
Thanks for the explanation. The last Metroidvania I played was Guacamelee and I thoroughly enjoyed that. Definitely giving this a shot.

I really like your avatar...

gfs_90472_2_6.jpg

Thanks for the explanation. The last Metroidvania I played was Guacamelee and I thoroughly enjoyed that. Definitely giving this a shot.

This is pretty different from Guacamelee too as you wont get instant health back from magic fountains and only have a few attacks for a long time going in. In that sense its more like Dark Souls, you will die a lot and need to do serious backtracking to safehouses etc.

But it really is an Adventure Game! :D

Voror

Fantastic. I'd been wanting to play this for a while now but kept holding off for a variety of reasons. Glad to hear that will pay off as I love playing this kind of thing on handheld.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Well, GAF has me hyped. And I've haven't been let down yet. Media blackout until release. Except maybe not.

Port begging?
Any more news from the event?

Here were the main announcements!

• La-Mulana Vita port
  • Tengami for PC through Playism
  • Unholy Heights coming to Steam SOON (no greenlight)
  • Playism helping individuals publish on PS platforms in Japan

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A bunch of people excited for this that haven't played the game may be in for a surprise - you may actually hate this game. It's not for everyone. It is for me though, and I love it, but...it's not for everyone.

Top Bottom