• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria announced for PS3 [announced worldwide]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuuKyK

logo.png

Official Website

Low quality trailer here. HD trailer on the 21st (Jump Festa). More details on next weeks Famitsu.

Update: HD trailer released here.

Confirmation of the worldwide release via official twitter and PlayStation Blog.

Main characters named Slay (Thray/Threi) (CV: Ryohei Kimura) and Alicia/Alisha (CV: Ai Kayano). Slay (Threi/Thray) was designed by Fujishima, and Alicia/Alisha by Okumura.

443496.jpg
443497.jpg
animation4y6j3l.gif

- Zestiria refers to "Zest", meaning passion or zeal;
- Game has character designs from Inomata, Fujishima, Okumura, and Iwamoto;
- Seems to be more "open-world" and to have "bigger fields";
- Takes place on the continent of Greenwood;
- War between the Highland Kingdom and the Lawrence Empire;
- Baba says that they built the new LMBS based on surveys asking what system fans enjoyed the most;
- The story will revolve around the subject of “dragons,” which is also the reason why it’s shown in the logo of the new title. According to Baba, dragons symbolize fantasy, which is something they’d like to focus on for the upcoming title;
- UFOTABLE confirmed;
- Hikaru Kondo, producer of Japanese animation studio Ufotable, who worked on the Tales of Symphonia OVAs, will also be involved in the development of Tales of Zestiria;

443501.jpg
443500.jpg
animation3ssf0n.gif

Thanks Rpgmonkey, RyougaSaotome (twitter), Siliconera, AbyssalChronicles and Inside-Games.

Soriku

Graphics looked nice. Like a mix of Xillia and Graces.

The field they showed look cool.

Main character design is kinda plain though.

Alej

Banned
Tales of Babarana
Tales of Catrioulka
Tales of Burnia
Tales of Titzia
Tales of Aba
Tales of Ha
Tales of Rezilia
Tales of Mourma

Pick the next one!

Rpgmonkey

Was trying to make the thread so I could easily update it over the course of the conference. :p

Anyway:

*Zestiria refers to "Zest", meaning passion or zeal.
*Game has character designs from Inomata, Fujishima, Okmura, and Iwamoto

chrono01

Missed the gameplay footage. Anyone has an idea to how i could replay on nico nico?
It should be available for Time-Shift immediately after it ends.

As for the announcement...I'm already hyped. The game looks great. That open world map...

JB2448

I don't know how I feel about the character designs for this one. I'll reserve my judgment for whenever I get to play it, though. In any case, this is all I can think of when I see the title:

Eusis

even without the lock I dont think 3 DS would be king, would be close though
He said console JRPG king anyway, so by default 3DS couldn't win there anyway.

Though admittedly against 360 and Wii it's almost more like a one sided slaughter, the only thing keeping it from being that way is that Wii may've peaked higher than the PS3 has (Xenoblade) and that will probably change with Persona 5 anyway.

Maybe if the 3DS wasn't region-locked.

Luckly every game I'm interested in has been localized.

He said console JRPG king anyway, so by default 3DS couldn't win there anyway.

Though admittedly against 360 and Wii it's almost more like a one sided slaughter, the only thing keeping it from being that way is that Wii may've peaked higher than the PS3 has (Xenoblade) and that will probably change with Persona 5 anyway.

yeah, if it's a fight between Wii/PS3/360 then the PS3 wins easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom