• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria the X tv/anime |OT| Who needs a Sheperd when you have Alisha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tales of Zestiria 6

I really liked this episode and I am so ready to play Berseria....the only problem is that it's so far away lol.

It's also a shame that one of my favourite character seems to be an enemy only. Oh Well the crew seems pretty cool, I kind of like witch girl too.

Also really liking the opening.

Edit: I also found a really cool comment on crunchy's forum
Anybody besides me think that Velvet having to "eat" Seres parallels a Shepherds ability to house their Seraphim inside them?

A would be Shepherd of darkness

Cp05v3CUIAA6O5O.jpg

Just got caught up and those two Berseria episodes were awesome.

I guess Velvet will be
eating different Malaks (don't think this is the JP term for seraphim, I think that was tenzoku so malaks must be something different) to get new special artes.

Cornbread78

Back on the Zestiria trail again. I'm really liking the way they are presenting the story and I'm sure Japan is happy with it's strong focus on Alisha. Can't wait for Edna intro next week, she was an awesome 1,000 year old loli-woman!

Episode 7

I like this little Mikleo focused arc and how they give importance to the relationship between Sorey and Mikleo since it was really one of my favourite part of Zestiria. Add to this a little Sorey fight scene and a really cute little scene with kid Sorey/Mikleo and you have a really good episode. Edna next week!

Game spoiler
Was the dragon we saw Eizen, Edna's brother?

Also I have to say that Zestiria's characters are just soooo good and men Sorey what a guy.

Fisico

Aren't anime and manga specific events' audiences predominantly female everywhere?

Not necessary, for otome or IP cattering fujoshi (like Yowamushi Pedal or Uta Pri for example) yes but overall late night anime audience are still made up of male audience in majority.

Though for Tales (which isn't an otome IP... yet :p ?) I wonder, it's a fact that Tales of Festival's attendants are predominantly female so that may translate into the audience for the anime series too.

Datschge

Not necessary, for otome or IP cattering fujoshi (like Yowamushi Pedal or Uta Pri for example) yes but overall late night anime audience are still made up of male audience in majority.

Though for Tales (which isn't an otome IP... yet :p ?) I wonder, it's a fact that Tales of Festival's attendants are predominantly female so that may translate into the audience for the anime series too.
Well, I know that in Germany the audience for manga is predominantly female, and that extends to many public events. Of course anime is officially watched more by males even here, but similarly to the numbers for TalesFes in Japan at events the balance reverses. I don't know how it is in other countries, but my general impression is that female fans are the more active ones whenever it comes to gathering at events.

Bladenic

Catching up, finished episode 2. MASON DIDN'T GET EATEN, DAMN IT!

Loving the expanded scenes and the skits at the end are great. I haven't seen episode 3 but one thing I always hated in the game was that Elysia is supposed to be "heaven" and whatnot, but to get to it all you haha to do it go through a small forest lmao

Catching up, finished episode 2. MASON DIDN'T GET EATEN, DAMN IT!

Loving the expanded scenes and the skits at the end are great. I haven't seen episode 3 but one thing I always hated in the game was that Elysia is supposed to be "heaven" and whatnot, but to get to it all you haha to do it go through a small forest lmao

That was the single best change in this adaptation.

Not only did they give two shits about Mason instead of ignoring him like trash, but they stopped Fox guy from eating him and one of the other Seraphs healed him.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing when that happened.

Cornbread78

Edna, my favorite smartass in gaming arrives! I gotta say it again, they are doing an excellent job pacing this story and the Edna introduction as well as tge battle with Eizen was really well done. They find the perfect time to mix in the OST and the animation is top notch..This was another excellent episode.

Paltheos

Fully caught up. The Berseria stuff is pretty ok. I'm not a fan of Velvet's outfit for being... dumb (is that outfit really better than the prison garbs you were wearing before?). I also instantly spotted Magilou as that character, the one I'm going to hate with the heat of a fiery sun, the instant she opened her mouth. She totally wrecked the tense mood of the scene with her nonsense blathering.

Largely on board with the Zestiria changes too. I think Zaveid is a little too talkative in the new episode but otherwise I'm ok with the stuff here. Most importantly though:

Ar0VgDbl.png

At least part of the reason, Edna, at least part of the reason (I like most of the cast though!). The other being wanting to see that glorious ufotable animation, and it hasn't disappointed.

Tales of Zestiria the X 8

They used the earth temple theme for Edna's introduction, PERFECTION. Ufotable has yet again did a awesome job with the animation and the music this episode. I really love Edna as a characters and they did really well including her brother, Eizen, in the story.

Sorey is once again a badass, even if the Dragon kicked everyone's butt, It's also interesting to know that the Ladylake's dragon
and Eizen are different.
Game spoiler's
Milkeo using the bow!?
How many bullets those Zaveid has lol? wasn't he limited in the game?
That last skit at the end with Edna saying "I'm the only reason people stayed for 8 episodes" made my laugh quite a bit.

Tales of Zestiria the X 9

The best ARMATIZATION has arrived!!! I waited to long for this moment and boy was it perfect.
5EUSzDC.jpg
vPj82M5.jpg
9SXXH6B.jpg
CwjxLbT.jpg
yXZbscY.jpg

Every single moment was amazing! From the start to the finish, the build up was so good. Sorey fought like a badass, that drake arrival slamming like a pro into the ouroboros, the earth armatization, the Atakk and Mikleo moments were both cute and awesome AND the freakin music!!!

My favourite episode every week!
10/10

Cornbread78

The pacing of the episode was odd compared to the game, however, the payoff was awesome. I know DTL would have been very happy with that ending, lol.

No, really, it was a good episode watching Mikleo come back and save his lovers day!

Also, Edna is awesome!

Really really really hating the anime so far =\ They story is too far off from the game... which if I didn't play the game for 200 hours I wouldn't mind but its just so different. And they completely fucked up EVERYONE except Soreys personality. They just all seem like completely different characters.

aitakute

Really really really hating the anime so far =\ They story is too far off from the game... which if I didn't play the game for 200 hours I wouldn't mind but its just so different. And they completely fucked up EVERYONE except Soreys personality. They just all seem like completely different characters.

Funny thing is that you're the only one I've seen saying that. Everywhere people love the changes. Even the Japanese audiences want a Zestiria R game with all the anime changes. Personally I think everything is so much better in the anime

Funny thing is that you're the only one I've seen saying that. Everywhere people love the changes. Even the Japanese audiences want a Zestiria R game with all the anime changes. Personally I think everything is so much better in the anime

While I do think that the anime is doing a good job with the story, he is not alone with that way of thinking. Here is a link for the comment section of the ANN's Tales review.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs...?t=3047650&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120

Tales of Zestiria 10

Today's episode was pretty tame and it developed more of Alicia's and Rose's characters. We also now see how hard it is the purify a human too. I liked how they did it in the anime quite a lot.

My favourite part is the first few minutes of the episodes with Sorey and Miklep working together. I just love all their interactions!

A nice episode! Also next week is probably gonna be big? Heldalf appears maybe?

Cornbread78

Poor Meebo is getting picked on by Edna, lol. This episode is probably one of the biggest departures from tge gane I've noticed, but it was still really well done and fun to watch. The visuals continue to be great as well!

SaintZ

Alisha, the true queen, has been given the spotlight and I'm so happy about it. Her little scene with Rose was great. It would have been better in game to have an Alisha Vs Rose battle than to fight Zaveid 3 times for no reason tbh.

Cornbread78

Alisha, the true queen, has been given the spotlight and I'm so happy about it. Her little scene with Rose was great. It would have been better in game to have an Alisha Vs Rose battle than to fight Zaveid 3 times for no reason tbh.

Seriously... The reorder and focus is pretty nice!

Cornbread78

Well damn, that was an action packed 24 min episode, that was excellent. Love the presntation and visuals like always as Rose and Alisha fight to realize her will..

Season 2 confirmation of a confirmation, lol.

Tales of Zestiria the X 11

A fantastic episodes that emphasised the great moment with Ufotable amazing visuals. Mikleo/Sorey and Lailah/Edna conversation were fantastic and helped pushed Sorey as a character and his dynamic with the group.

And damn, that war segment! Loved that they actually use the move from the game like Arrow Squall.

Lord of Calamity!!!

Cornbread78

Excellent stopping point for the 1st cour. I was expecting this to be a mediocre adaptation at best, but this has been excellent so far. The re-order and focus of the events has been great as well as the character introductions and stories. I can't wait until S2 finally comes

Voror

So how on track are we with the game's plot since I didn't get that far really?

I just remember reading they do some really stupid stuff regarding Alicia and am curious if they'll pull it here too. Hard to tell in the end I suppose.

Cornbread78

I just remember reading they do some really stupid stuff regarding Alicia and am curious if they'll pull it here too. Hard to tell in the end I suppose.

The plotline and character introductions have been changed around slightly in a really, really good way as compared to the game. I'm sure some of the Alisha stuff is being done to appease the extreme hatred Japanese fans had for the fact she disappeared from the story for a majority of the game. This time around, she has been a primary focus of the story and it's been done in a great day.

BasicMath

A lot of things have been changed around. In fact, the last few episodes went off the rails of the game's plot. I mean, Alisha alone was treated like an honorary member of the party in this episode while in the game it's far, far different.

Game spoilers
She's literally treated like she's the cancer creating malevolence.

Barring one medium sized detail that can be addressed within the first episode or two of next season, they're in the same basic situation as they were in the game.

Sorey/Rose/Mikleo/Lailah/Edna/Dezel are in a forest. Headed to Rolance.

Just watched episode 5, this is the first few hours of Berseria right?
I see that episode 6 is also Berseria, I'm wondering if I should keep watching, isn't this spoiling too much of the game? I loved the episode and it made me anticipate Berseria even more but it kinda sucks to have parts of it spoiled.

Cornbread78

I see that episode 6 is also Berseria, I'm wondering if I should keep watching, isn't this spoiling too much of the game? I loved the episode and it made me anticipate Berseria even more but it kinda sucks to have parts of it spoiled.

It covers the first hour or so of the game from what's been said online, but you can verify through tge Berseria import thread to make sure. The next episode is very very good as well. Like you said, it made me hyped for the game.

FSLink

Banned

It covers the first hour or so of the game from what's been said online, but you can verify through tge Berseria import thread to make sure. The next episode is very very good as well. Like you said, it made me hyped for the game.

Yeah it's only about the first hour of the game or so, it's nothing big at all.

Datschge

EP 5 and 6 can also be safely skipped altogether (and watched separately anytime later), they are completely unrelated to the rest of the series (at least this season). The only connection to it so far is the preview skit for it in EP 4.

Tales of Zestiria the X 13

The crew is back and they continue just like it never stopped. Mayvin makes his first appearance! Low actions this episode, but I still greatly enjoyed it purely from just the awesome character interactions.

As for the opening, I liked Kaze no uta more, but this new one is pretty good

Any news if this is bein simuldubbed? HeArd something about the 22nd but not sure if true, loved season subbed, but watching the dub to remind me before starting s2 and enjoying the dub a lot atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom