• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automaker hints at new MS racing game in 2014, likely Forza Horizon 2

chadskin

ultima_leakxdbxz.png

Ultima Sports Ltd. are a sports car manufacturer currently based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, England. Founded in 1992 by Ted Marlow and Richard Marlow, Ultima Sports Ltd manufacture and distribute worldwide the Ultima GTR and Ultima Can-Am supercars.

Forza Horizon 2 later in 2014, would be my guess.

Thanks, Forzacentral.

Saroyan

Horizon was probably one of the most enjoyable racing games I've played in years. Horizon 2 would probably get me to buy an Xbox One, I just don't know where the heck it would fit on my shelf.

T.O.P

Banned
Did I miss anything?

Horizon 2 (?) - Halo - Quantum Break - Titanfall - D4 - Project Spark - Kinect Sports - Sunset Overdrive - Super Time Force- Below - KI new characters and maybe S2 Update

and all the multiplats

2014 is looking amazing

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
can't wait for driveclub vs forza horizon 2 comparisons

shandy706

This is one of the few Arcade racers I enjoyed playing. I'm more of a sim fan, but they did a good job with Horizon.

Can't wait to see what PG does with their second attempt.

bebop242

Ah Forza Horizon 2, the first game that will make me consider a Xbox One. First one was sooo goood.

Edit: ok second, forgot Project Spark

This is probably happening. I'm sure Phil Spencer has dropped comments about the Forza Horizon 'franchise' a while back, and they've been saying for a while they want to the Forza brand to have an 'annual cadence'.

sinseers

Project Spark, D4, Titanfall, Below, Halo 5, Forza, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive.. for me it looks very exciting

Expect QB to slip into next year. Just sayin..... I would say Halo as well, but MS will push that thing out the door even if was only equipped with a bamboo stick and a loin cloth so..........

Forza Horizon was great i have hopes for a second. The have to nail the soundtrack though, the first ones was amazing.

Also 1000 times PGR needs to return.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
horizon 2 will be awesome. hope rally is included offf the bat and for a stunning new location

Forza Horizon was great i have hopes for a second. The have to nail the soundtrack though, the first ones was amazing.

Also 1000 times PGR needs to return.

i loved PGR, but horizon fills that niche pretty well IMO. imagine if horizon 2 has a full city (or two) - it would really feel like PGR.

Yea, seriously. And bring back Rallisport Challenge. I think having Forza every 4 years is the sweet spot.

Forza
PGR
Froza Horizon
Rallisport
Forza Horizon has basically superseded the other two, the scoring and more arcady feel definitely pushes it closer to PGR territory, and Rally expansion was surprisingly decent.

Arttemis

I really wish Poly would make a PS4 equivalent. Just cruising around more than a predetermined ring is precisely what's been missing from the genre until Horizon.

amar212

Yea, seriously. And bring back Rallisport Challenge. I think having Forza every 4 years is the sweet spot.

Forza
PGR
Froza Horizon
Rallisport

If Microsoft were smart enough to do this and allow stardised USB wheels for their platforms they would RULE the driving market for decades, especially through assets and licneses control and sharing.

Sadly, they were not smart.

Feindflug

Is this an X1 game now?

It's coming out on 360 and Xbone, going by how MS rolls lately I bet the 360 version will come 2-3 months later than the Xbone version though.

Back on topic it will be awesome if we'll see a new Horizon game this year, the first one was a great game.

Hopefully the Xbone will be available here before the game releases...

Was waiting for this.... obviously still not confirmed yet but this pretty much seals it. Now Im glad I didnt pick up Forza.

Horizon was AMAZING. Need this with the powah of the cloud.

Feindflug

I would bet on it being XboxOne only. What other XboxOne game have they made has been cross-gen?

They said that the game is still coming to the 360, also about cross gen releases Lococycle, Halo Spartan Assault and Max are supposedly coming to 360 this year.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/05/super-time-force-coming-to-xbox-one-xbla-version-delayed

IGN said:
As we anticipated in the recent announcement of the ID@Xbox program's debut developers, Super TIME Force is coming to the Xbox One in "early 2014." Along with a host of other highly anticipated indie games, it will be self-published via the new Xbox One platform for independent game development.

The old school, side-scrolling shooter began production back in 2011 and was originally scheduled for a late 2013 release on XBLA. The XBLA version is still in the works, but according to developer Capybara, it will be delayed until 2014 for a simultaneous release with the Xbox One version.

They should just call them Forza 2014, 2015 etc at this point.

Why? Horizon and the vanilla Forza titles are quite different.

Another Forza Horizon could very well be my kryptonite. God I loved that game, along with Dirt 1 that was my favorite racing game last gen.

Top Bottom