• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automaker hints at new MS racing game in 2014, likely Forza Horizon 2

PG2G

Much prefer city racing than the country style stuff you see in Forza Horizon. Reminds me of the NFS games, and not in what I consider an enjoyable way.

Seanspeed

Banned
Lococycle.
Ok, I wouldn't use that game as an indication of anything.

They said that the game is still coming to the 360, also about cross gen releases Lococycle, Halo Spartan Assault and Max are supposedly coming to 360 this year.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/05/super-time-force-coming-to-xbox-one-xbla-version-delayed
Not sure what that link is about, but its not a Microsoft game.

Anyways, where did Microsoft say Horizon 2 is coming out on 360?

Is Forza a yearly franchise now?

2012 Horizon
2013 FM5
2014 Horizon 2
2015 FM6 (staying true to the 2 year cycle)

While Horizon is Forza in name, it really isn't so I wouldn't classify it as a yearly franchise, because then you are comparing it to a game like Assassin's Creed or COD.

They only slapped the Forza tag on it so it would sell more.

This is no doubt Horizon 2, and Horizon 1 was amazing, so I'm looking forward to this for sure.

While Horizon is Forza in name, it really isn't so I wouldn't classify it as a yearly franchise, because then you are comparing it to a game like Assassin's Creed or COD.

They only slapped the Forza tag on it so it would sell more.

This is no doubt Horizon 2, and Horizon 1 was amazing, so I'm looking forward to this for sure.

It uses Forza assets as well there is a connection between the 2 games, but its not a straight a-b connection.

Feindflug

Ok, I wouldn't use that game as an indication of anything.

Not sure what that link is about, but its not a Microsoft game.

Anyways, where did Microsoft say Horizon 2 is coming out on 360?

That link says that Super Time Force is still coming to the 360.

Also Horizon 2 coming on 360? what are you talking about? Dabanton asked if Super Time Force is a Xbone title now and I replied to that.

It uses Forza assets as well there is a connection between the 2 games, but its not a straight a-b connection.

Well ya they use similar assets, Turn 10 collaborated with Playground, but what I'm saying, is that Forza 4 and Horizon 1 are different games and don't fall into the yearly repetition class that other games that get yearly renditions do (COD, AC, Sports, ect).

At least to me :/

I had more fun with Forza Horizon than I had with any other Forza game. Maybe even all others combined. I'm looking forward to the next game from Playground.

Well ya they use similar assets, Turn 10 collaborated with Playground, but what I'm saying, is that Forza 4 and Horizon 1 are different games and don't fall into the yearly repetition class that other games that get yearly renditions do (COD, AC, Sports, ect).

At least to me :/

For sure, but its not just slapping the Forza name on it as you originally said.

Meh. Horizon is a great game but for me there is far too much crossover with the main Forza series.

I would much rather the development time and budget be spent on a good contrasting game from Forza like PGR.

To be more precise I would prefer them to go on a three yearly development cycle - Forza, PGR and Rallisport Challenge. Two games of each per generation.

Feindflug

Which will be worthless since Horizon is open world and Drive Club isn´t.

And if Horizon which was their first 360 game is any indication then I bet Horizon 2 will look comparable to Drive Club even if Horizon 2 will be open world and on weaker hardware. :p

The guys at Playground are really talented and I can't wait to see what they can do with a much stronger hardware than the 360.

PG2G

Meh. Horizon is a great game but for me there is far too much crossover with the main Forza series.

I would much rather the development time and budget be spent on a good contrasting game from Forza like PGR.

To be more precise I would prefer them to go on a three yearly development cycle - Forza, PGR and Rallisport Challenge. Two games of each per generation.

Would probably be the greatest thing ever. Too bad it won't happen :/

GlamFM

Banned
And if Horizon which was their first 360 game is any indication then I bet Horizon 2 will look comparable to Drive Club even if Horizon 2 will be open world and on weaker hardware. :p

The guys at Playground are really talented and I can't wait to see what they can do with a much stronger hardware than the 360.

Horizon was my GOTY 2012. I refer to it as "Racing Crack".

Goodness I hope they add dynamic WEATHER to the next forza title. Seems almost silly it hasn't been put in at this point. I love the series, but it is time to add things like this, IMO.

Much prefer city racing than the country style stuff you see in Forza Horizon. Reminds me of the NFS games, and not in what I consider an enjoyable way.
Ha, I feel the exact opposite. I much prefer forests, mountains, canyons, etc. to city driving.

LoveCake

I liked & enjoyed Horizon, just hope they have learned that we don't like micro-transactions (if you can call them micro).

I would wait & see what cars come in the box first before i put my money down.

Feindflug

Horizon was my GOTY 2012. I refer to it as "Racing Crack".

I played it last year but it's my favorite racing game of last gen along with PGR4, spent more than 40hrs on it and had a blast. The only thing that's holding back my hype is that the Xbone may not be available here in Eastern Europe this year, hopefully I'm wrong. :/

PG2G

Ha, I feel the exact opposite. I much prefer forests, mountains, canyons, etc. to city driving.

I think more than anything I dislike the open world part. You spend more time hoping you don't miss a turn than properly executing one.

Hell, I don't know what it was. All I know is I played Horizon for like 10% of the time I've played any other Forza.

derFeef

Bring it on, Horizon is a fantastic game. And holy balls it looks great for a 360 game - can't wait to see what they do on the XB1, Playground is one pool of highly talented racing game developers.

I think more than anything I dislike the open world part. You spend more time hoping you don't miss a turn than properly executing one.

Hell, I don't know what it was. All I know is I played Horizon for like 10% of the time I've played any other Forza.
I can definitely see that. Having to look a lot at a minimap when racing in an open world to make sure you don't miss a turn is something I don't enjoy. Subtle indicators on screen are definitely better (I don't love things like massive flashing arrows that some games employ though).

I was actually surprised by how different Horizon felt from the main series. I love PGR, and I would really want it to make a comeback, but not at the expense of Horizon. As great as PGR was, I have to say I enjoyed Horizon just as much, if not more.

If Horizon 2 and Bugbear's new game both launch in 2014, I'll be in racing heaven.

I can definitely see that. Having to look a lot at a minimap when racing in an open world to make sure you don't miss a turn is something I don't enjoy. Subtle indicators on screen are definitely better (I don't love things like massive flashing arrows that some games employ though).

There's a GPS system telling you when to make a turn, I really had no problem with it.

Fletcher

Man. FH was a breath of fresh air for me. An extremely enjoyable game from top to bottom. I am SUPER excited for a follow up on next gen.

Top Bottom