• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop presents: The 2013 Hip-Hop Awards | The Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

Album of the Year

DANNY BROWN - OLD

xZu5kDV.jpg

Umm19Jn.jpg
5rh9R0n.jpg
ygzlw2P.jpg

E4ILDVb.jpg
lKnKw1s.jpg
a0ivMfs.jpg

27loZaO.png
1UogHwL.png
ayUPAlX.jpg

Runner Ups:

• 2: Kanye West - Yeezus
  • 3: Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap
  • 4: Ka - The Night's Gambit
  • 5: A$AP Ferg - Trap Lord
  • 6: A$AP Rocky - LongLiveAsap
  • 7: Juicy J - Stay Trippy
  • 8: Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP 2
  • 9: Drake - Nothing Was the Same
  • 10: Pusha T - My Name is My Name

Song of the Year

WINNERS:
ScHoolboy Q - Man of the Year                                           Kanye West - New Slaves

x8CeGXE.jpg

z7p8UeC.jpg

Artist(s) of the Year

WINNERS:
Kendrick Lamar                                                                                  Kanye West

LvM3cQe.jpg

5MGGM1E.jpg

Producer of the Year

Mike Will Made It

lQFq7iI.jpg

Feature Killer of the Year

Kendrick Lamar

LvM3cQe.jpg

Rookie(s) of the Year

WINNERS:
Chance the Rapper                                                                                A$AP Ferg

ua8Tx9l.jpg

QtESdhW.jpg

"L" of the Year - Sponsored by Nas

Kanye

5MGGM1E.jpg

Biggest Album Dissapointment(s) of the Year

WINNERS:
Drake - Nothing Was the Same                                              Jay-Z - MCHG

1UogHwL.png

qCu4atB.png

Raw Numbers (with the shimmy shimmy ya):

66 - Danny Brown - Old
57 - Kanye West - Yeezus
41 - Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap
34 - Ka - The Night's Gambit
32 - A$AP Ferg - Trap Lord
20 - A$AP Rocky - LongLiveAsap
17 - Juicy J - Stay Trippy
16 - Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP 2
15 - Drake - Nothing Was the Same
15 - Pusha T - My Name is My Name

Song of the Year:

21 - ScHoolboy Q - Man of the Year
21 - Kanye - New Slaves
19 - Ferg - Shabba
14 - Black Hippy - UOENO
12 - Danny Brown - Dope Song

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Surprised Old got it, especially with Side B having little replayability.

L of the year being Kanye instead of Gucci is SMH-worthy. The magnitude of Gucci's breakdown was so much worse in every dimension.

Cheddahz

Banned
....these results are actually a shocker

The fact that Run The Jewels isn't in the top ten is really shocking....

....and Mike Will Made It as producer of the year?!?!?!?!

Kanye getting L of the year is some unconscionable bullshit.

Dude stacks paper and acclaim, gets up in one of the hottest girls in the game, has the second most successful tour in all of music, and took a L? Plz.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kanye getting L of the year is some unconscionable bullshit.

Dude stacks paper and acclaim, gets up in one of the hottest girls in the game, has the second most successful tour in all of music, and took a L? Plz.
Not only that, but even after his whining and bitching.. he got the sneaker deal he wanted and meetings with gatekeepers. Nike even fast forwarded the release date of the Red Octobers.

Gucci damn near called out every associate, broke damn near every relationship in the industry, and his shooter is now 10x more poppin' than him. Gucci put his entire career on death row.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
As long as y'all didn't give yeezus album of the year I'm happy.

Also more people need to listen to oddisee - Tangible Dream

Also wtf is Eminem's new album doing in the top 10? Spitta was robbed of a spot with new jet city.

HiResDes

Pretty much everyone that voted for MMLP2 gave it a 4, Eminem stans are the worst.
As long as y'all didn't give yeezus album of the year I'm happy.

Also more people need to listen to oddisee - Tangible Dream

Also wtf is Eminem's new album doing in the top 10? Spitta was robbed of a spot with new jet city.

New Jet City is kind of inconsistent.

CRS

This is why I wanted more votes since one 1st place vote skewed the results like crazy.

You motherfuckers are to blame. I think next year's votes are going to need a new format. Like, select a giant range of albums, and then people have to choose from those albums instead of keeping it an open ballot.

codhand

Eminem has never put out a good album and this one is arguably his worst. Drake? sigh. Kendrick: Artist of the Year with no album, great...

IrishNinja

i didn't even vote in time, but these are really good right here, i would've put in for Danny at the top (well, after Abstract & the Dragon haha), prolly czarface as well but Pusha, Ka & the others are fuckin fantastic too, well done overall guys. Juicy J was fun too, sad that Em made it in but it's GAF, some of ya'll were gonna eat whatever shit he gave us, and you did.

Nas potshot aside, i dunno about biggest disappointment with drizzy - that album didn't stay in rotation with me for long at all, but it's nowhere near the depths of MCHG or Em's release which is strangely absent. i move to call this award sponsored by Jigga next year

Swagless people love to hate on Ye, and love to stan for Em.

Yeezus is a much better album than MMLP2 on ambition alone.

talk to em

i wonder if Yeezus will be looked back on more favorably in the years to come they way 808's kinda has been (by some, anyway)

Jitters

Saw that list coming a mile away.

New Jet City sucks ass like every other Spitta thing.

CRS, your avatar makes me so nostalgic.

Good to see Ka in the top five; Night's Gambit was my top choice. I thought Yeezus was going to win for sure, definitely nice to see Danny Brown (my #2 selection) win.

MMLP2 a top 10 record of 2013?
4l7.gif

Gorillaz

How was NWTS one the biggest disappointments yet ended up doing better then MNIMN.

Really? yall weren't feeling Pusha this year like that?

IrishNinja

damn dun, Ka deserves better than this

How was NWTS one the biggest disappointments yet ended up doing better then MNIMN.

Really? yall weren't feeling Pusha this year like that?

it's a popular vote...honestly, i wasn't expecting to enjoy Pusha's solo shit as much as i did, album's solid

My other surprise is Man of The Year as SOTY, I love Q but none of his shit off Oxy has hit the spot for me yet.

i was kinda surprised here too honestly, nothing past that song was worth remembering for me tho (so far)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm surprised that someone beat Yeezus. Either would have my seal of approval. My other surprise is Man of The Year as SOTY, I love Q but none of his shit off Oxy has hit the spot for me yet. Thought Shabba mighta had it. New Slaves is dope as fuck, though.

In the future I think we should do something like a 50 (or however) most essential albums, unranked even, just to produce a bigger, more varied collection of music for peeps to explore.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TBH the top 4 are understandable. Night's Gambit is sort of the weakest of the bunch, but I can see someone putting it very high off of the atmosphere alone. From there down though, scust.

OT, we at GAF-Hop apologize for the crimes committed in OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom