• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
For those that secured an early copy from the eBay seller, did it specify if they were the Limited Editions with the foil cover?

viveks86

Any new streams/footage that people have been watching? I'm scared to go into the other thread. lol. How are things looking so far? Spoiler free impressions please! :)

Uhhh probably because their launches coincide with the amount of orders per title. Believe it or not, Titanfall was probably reserved more. I know someone upset they aren't having a midnight for MGS:GZ. It's a business.

Its too bad Sony hasn't promoted this game better then. They surely would've done a midnight launch and Sony would've gotten more reserves if they had put more effort in.

dreamfall

That OT TITLE. GLORIOUS! I love the Newspaper layout, so creative!

We have arrived! Seattle drifting commence!!!!

I'm still not settled on Delsin's character design. But I'm ready to play something substantial on my PS4, and have a wonderful time with the freedom of movement. It's going to be rad!

N30RYU

Any new streams/footage that people have been watching? I'm scared to go into the other thread. lol. How are things looking so far? Spoiler free impressions please! :)
Have you seen the skills tree for the smoke power? looks promising.

Quexex

Banned

I watched a stream last night which had a daytime mission and it looked amazeballs.

Also there are some normal traversal/platforming sections that look very satisfying.

Great OP btw. Had to double take. Makes you think Gaf should take on shonkey games journos with its own mag! Srsly

S1kkZ

just a warning: a streamer just unlocked a new power, so if you dont want to get the new powers spoiled, watch out!

RalchAC

Wow. Best OT I've seen in a while. That Cerny ad is really funny. It makes me want to go to a store and buy a PS4 along Second Son. I don't have 400 spare euros though :(

I'll keep an eye on your future OTs Bob. I loved the magazine format

_hekk05

Banned
That new power in the stream. HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

So as of now, smoke, neon, and another power is confirmed. Hopefully the iceberg has a large tip

EDIT: HNNNNGGGGGG IT LOOKS MORE AMAZING BY THE SECOND

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Ugh! I hate that spoiler thread so much. I accidentally clicked on it again. Realized, and left before reading anything, but it was a close call. And we're still 7 whole days out...

I feel like my patience is being infringed upon!

viveks86

Have you seen the skills tree for the smoke power? looks promising.

Nope! I saw the image floating around but chose not to look at the details. It's so tempting!

That new power in the stream. HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

So as of now, smoke, neon, and another power is confirmed. Hopefully the iceberg has a large tip

EDIT: HNNNNGGGGGG IT LOOKS MORE AMAZING BY THE SECOND

FUUU… My head is going to explode if I don't know what it is!!! Creaking! Help! :'(

_hekk05

Banned
FUUU… My head is going to explode if I don't know what it is!!! Creaking! Help! :'(

I will just say that SP outdid themselves. The new power is not in their ARG site. Hopefully there are more that will blow our minds.

Also the new power has something many people ask for in a superhero game. The ultimate move is also amazing.

Ploid 3.0

You know how people say Naughtygods?

Suckergods!

Such a beautiful, detailed, smooth open world game. It don't seem to struggle with rendering it, I can't wait to see the future of open world games starting with this.

viveks86

I will just say that SP outdid themselves. The new power is not in their ARG site. Hopefully there are more that will blow our minds.

Also the new power has something many people ask for in a superhero game. The ultimate move is also amazing.

4794234+_b72ee8f86f3d6b7fa32617032993f84e.gif

Also the new power has something many people ask for in a superhero game

I think I know what this means o_O

Ploid 3.0

I'm just getting more excited by the hour. I don't know how long I can wait to know the new power!

Just wait, a good thing to do is to stop reading about the game as that tend to make the wait longer. Seeing the stuff for yourself and figuring out what does what will be a big reward yur first play through. Sucker Punch just ranked up in my eyes. This is going to be a great gen.

Twist! The new power IS their ARG site.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Did they license any grunge for the soundtrack? If I have to listen to that awful version of Heart Shaped Box even once I'm playing the game on mute with subtitles.

I was mildly skeptical, but from all the spoiler teases, SP definitely kept a lot of cards hidden even though revealing them could had been effective marketing.

Hype.

So pumped for this one. I haven't picked up a PS4 game since Tomb Raider Definitive Edition back in January and that was really just a port. Second Son is what I've been waiting for. Sucker Punch always delivers :D

Hoo-doo

Banned
After watching like 5 minutes of the leaked streaming stuff, i'm sold.

Now my quest for a PS4 becomes a quest for a Second Son PS4 Bundle.

TMNT

Banned
Great OT by the way.

The 20 min walkthrough that was on 247 is obviously taken down. Anybody have another link to watch? PM if necessary.

Dahaka

Situational Awareness multiplied by 10000 to get an early copy, scanning multiple stores in my area to instantly grab a copy ON SIGHT.

_hekk05

Banned
Great OT by the way.

The 20 min walkthrough that was on 247 is obviously taken down. Anybody have another link to watch? PM if necessary.

There are a couple of download links. I have it in my laptop but I can't access it now.

Cannot wait, this is what I bought my PS4 for. Got my copy ordered (and for £23 no less), hopefully Grainger Games jump the gun and get it out slightly early.

Mifune

Mehmber
Just spoiled a new power for myself and I'm not even mad.

EDIT: Holy shit, they are flipping the fuck out in the spoiler thread.

Wrynnax

Review embargo ends the 20th no? After all the good impressions i find it weird that the reviews only come out the day before release...i know i'm gonna buy it day one(if the ps store lets me pre download it would even be better) but from a marketing perspective a week of great reviews in all the press is basically free publicity!

Top Bottom