• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Gameplay Demo (E3 2014)

zakislam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZPDfD4_rIM

Trailer from Sony - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hxz8IWWzt8

ulhqin.JPG

Will update with video link once someone uploads.

I was really, really disappointed by this demo. It's was just so boring.

Seemingly forced slow walk for a few minutes -> Shoot at the enemy (oops it does no damage) -> Press Triangle to Rosary -> shoot again (oops doesn't work again) -> done.

I know they said they're going for a "filmic" game but there was like....no game there.

stryke

The gameplay video they showed weeks ago was far better.

They had a chance to show more "unique" weapons that they loved talking about and missed it.

I don't think this will ruin sales but showing the new enemy was not enough.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Looked absolutely dreadful. Essentially it played to the letter of how people like to make fun of it. Why even show up if you are going to show a grand total of 7 button presses

Quotient

The werewolf looked absolutely fantastic, though i agree with the sentiments, they need to stop transistioning between game and cut-scene.

daman824

Looked terrible. Whats the point of even shooting during any of those segments? It might as well be one big cutscene.

OsirisBlack

Banned
The video a few weeks ago showed better gameplay but this showed animation and visuals that are on a completely different level. Absolutely amazing looking game all the shit it gets and no one has played it is amazing.

harSon

Banned
I agree they haven't showed the game off well, but I'm hyped none the less. Graphically, it's ridiculous. And I dig the lore a lot. I'm sure it'll show off well once we see extended gameplay.

Zukuu

Banned
Looked absolutely dreadful. Essentially it played to the letter of how people like to make fun of it. Why even show up if you are going to show a grand total of 7 button presses

This exactly. I was bored to death. Any hope I had for the game to get me interested in it again died with that demo.

amazing graphics. the mood and ambiant reminds me of Last of US time hundred. That original RE zombie reveal too. Great great stuff

I don't understand why you guys keep getting disappointed when the devs have said exactly what the game is? It's like going into a CoD thread and complainging that it's a dudebro shooter.

Empty

blew their opportunity to impress people. game looks so boring. imagine replaying it, more horrifying than any of the atmospherics.

benzy

The cinematic gameplay is fine imo. Not sure why this game is getting so much shit when so many on here are fine with David Cage's games.

Top Bottom