• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Smidget

So, gonna order online for shipping from AT&T directly since I did a dry run with the 5S and looks like it did it perfectly keeping my unlimited data and 200/text messages ;)

As far as when it gets shipped, I'm assuming it has to be signed for.... What happens if I'm not here? Can I make them hold it at UPS/FedEx and pick it up that evening?

As you can tell, a first time day 1 iPhone buyer!

kaskade

Well I can only sign up for the single line plan for verizon through verizon's site. It seems like the more everything is only offered on Apple's site.

Here's to hoping everyone tries to go through Apple and verizon's site stays alive.

Nori Chan

Well I can only sign up for the single line plan for verizon through verizon's site. It seems like the more everything is only offered on Apple's site.

Here's to hoping everyone tries to go through Apple and verizon's site stays alive.

That's what I'm scared of :\ since I have two phones in my plan and on ATT they have different links to upgrade one phone.

ouchx100

My iPhone 4s is almost 3 years old an has a cracked screen, broken lock button, and to top it off, my headphones didn't make it through the washing machine last week ( yes I use the apple one and yes they normally still work after the washing machine ).. Is it time to upgrade?

Xamdou

The Black color scheme reminds me so much of the original Iphone I bought which is great... most definitely won't get the gold now I think... but the white looks ace.

what's the best source for pics of the actual colors of the phones? I'm torn between the silver and space grey. I've had black phones since the 4, so I'm not sure whether I wanna go with Space Grey depending on how dark it is

You have the Slate aluminum. They changed it to Space Grey with 5S/6 because of that problem you described. Space Grey is pretty close to the aluminum color so scratches are way less visible, though still not great.

I didnt know that, thanks for the heads up.

space gray is pretty close to the aluminium

so does this mean that the silver looking aluminium will still stick out if I get a scratch?

ZeroX03

Banned
Nobody ordering by phone? I've found it wonderful. Had huge issues with the 5S and trying to order it both online and going in-store, so I just called out up my provider and they were like "yeah we don't have stock issues over the phone, we can take from both stores and online supplies". Took all of 5 minutes and it arrived two days later. Fuck ever trying to deal with crashing websites and huge lines ever again.

DOWN

Banned
I think I'm screwed. 2 year contract takes away the discount on my line so then I end up paying like $25 more a month after already paying for the phone. On Next, I pay about $40 more total than the upfront 2yr price for the 12 months, but I get a new phone and can't sell my old one.

I think I'm forced to take a big hit over the 12 month plan by not getting to sell my phone and then getting a new one which costs me about $380 vs $340 upfront and then selling the phone for $200-250+.

Paying it off over 20 or 24 months doesn't help me because even after selling the phone, I would have ended up paying about the same as if I had upgraded way earlier.

knicks

It took me until 2:30 AM to realize that I'm just going to wait and get a feel/look for these in person. My iPhone 5 can last another month or two when it restocks. I'll have IOS8 still, it'll be fine.

DOWN

Banned
I didnt know that, thanks for the heads up.

so does this mean that the silver looking aluminium will still stick out if I get a scratch?

Yes, but not that bad. White iPhone is true aluminum color so scratches do not have the problem they do on the Gold and Space Grey versions. White/Silver is the best for low scratch visibility.
maxresdefault.jpg

Slate vs. Space Grey

Yes, but not that bad. White iPhone is true aluminum color so scratches do not have the problem they do on the Gold and Space Grey versions. White/Silver is the best for low scratch visibility.

Slate vs. Space Grey

wow nice! that might be my next purchase! thanks for sharing mate!

NYR

Exhausted too, been up since 5:15 AM mountain time and it's 12:31.... 29 min....

haha, almost the same with me, mountain time zone. Up since 5:45, need to be up for 6:15 to get ready to go to the office tomorrow...er....today.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
6+ will sell the apple watch as people realise it starts to be a pain to pull out of pockets for every little notification you receive. Large phones are great as active media consumption devices but less so as phones and for instant communication

NYR

That's what cases are for: Mine was MINT after 2 years!

That's a bit disingenuous. It's kind of like saying to prevent rock chips on your car, don't drive it.

Case covers the beauty of Slate. You haven't exposed it to real conditions.

HUELEN10

That's a bit disingenuous. It's kind of like saying to prevent rock chips on your car, don't drive it.

Case covers the beauty of Slate. You haven't exposed it to real conditions.
It's nothing like your scenario. It's more like saying to prevent fading on our dashboard, use a solar shield.

There is such a thing as crystal clear cases.

DOWN

Banned
What is this black magic?

iPhone 5 had a darker Slate color but users said that the original bright silver aluminum color underneath the coating of dark made scratches extremely visible. Thus, iPhone 5S onward uses Space Grey to pair with any of the devices using black glass because it is much lighter and thus is almost as light as the aluminum in order to minimize scratch visibility.

Top Bottom