• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Addnan

I have to order two, this could be difficult

fOYKM97l.jpg

Apath

What? No it won't. I've never put a case on my iPhones and they all look great after a couple of years. They'll have a small scuff or nick maybe, but I'll gladly take that over using my phone with a case.
You will have tiny scratches all over plus a bunch of small nicks. Using a case will keep your phone pristine.

Crimmy

Can someone help? I'm going to order two phones. One with my upgrade and another without the 2 year agreement. How do I do this as it only allows one pre order per account? PLEASE HELP

v0yce

You will have tiny scratches all over plus a bunch of small nicks. Using a case will keep your phone pristine.

And you'll never experience it because you have nasty plastic or whatever on it. Just like this...

slip-covers.jpg

That's what you're doing to your beautiful iPhone.

Apath

When choosing 2 year contract I get this message:
AT&T said:
You will not receive Mobile Share Value discounts if you choose this option.
What does this mean? >.<
And you'll never experience it because you have nasty plastic or whatever on it. Just like this...

slip-covers.jpg

That's what you're doing to your beautiful iPhone.
Why do people insist on the stupid comparisons? Does it make you angry that some people don't want their phone dinged up? Covering a couch in plastic makes it uncomfortable. Putting a case on a phone doesn't hurt the usability of the device at all and is purely a preference.

I can assure you this is the official stance, but has not been the case historically. Everytime a new phone comes out there's so much confusion, and it is completely their fault when they have so much contradicting stuff like: https://twitter.com/TMobileHelp/status/510174691655712768

But, if you buy from Apple and pay full price I am reasonably sure it will be unlocked and also they will unlock it for you through a request if it is not the case.

Since all of this is so shitty, I might go with a Verizon phone at full price to be safe. Since that is a CDMA device it's unlocked for all GSM networks.

Any downside to go CDMA device and use it on GSM network, if I were to take it out of the country?

It took me until 2:30 AM to realize that I'm just going to wait and get a feel/look for these in person. My iPhone 5 can last another month or two when it restocks. I'll have IOS8 still, it'll be fine.

Why not get one now, don't open it, check it out if you want one in stores when they are on display, and return it or keep it if you don't need it.

Terrell

I can't afford one right now, yet I'm still not in bed sleeping. Because I'm an idiot apparently and forgot I couldn't afford one.

Smidget

No option to keep unlimited data on AT&T site?

Worked fine for me?

On my order confirmation:

Monthly Charges
Data Plan
Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE $30.00
Service Discount -$7.2

And also on my order confirmation:

"Your Apple iPhone 6 (16GB Space Gray) has been reserved and is expected to arrive on or around 9/19/2014."

Apath

If you're on a shared data plan you'll save money on the plan by not signing up for a contract and doing the Next program instead.
Well, shit. Now I don't know what to do. I'll just pre-order now and deal with AT&T on the 19th. Thank you for the quick reply.

multivac

WTF why is the 6 64gb $350 on Verizon?

Holy fuck I think Verizon is only offering bundles with useless accessories for non-Edge contract renewals

Top Bottom