• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 27-Nov 2 | A Lot Of Shit Went Down

Try to press buttons against Hulk's s.H
Try to swag, but then drop a combo
Call your assist at the wrong time
Try to block a wolverine mixup.

Dumb ways to die
So many dumb ways to die in UMVC3
Dumb ways to di-ie-ie

Using your x-factor at the wrong time
Trying to block Doom's Footdive
Dropping your combo on Chris G's Morrigan
Trying to block a Dark Vergil incoming

[Refrain]

Playing Against a Laggy Ghost Rider player
Tries to punish a Taskermaster, Gets Thrown/Shield Skills OS
Not respecting Haggar's Pipe
Trying to Air Throw Dante's Teleport with Helm Breaker

[Refrain]

Not snapping in a Phoenix in
Getting hit by an Random j.dH by an Phoenix Wright
Using your X-Factor too early against an Arthur player
Trying to block a Doom/Ammy THC combo

[Refrain]

Getting Hit by Firebrand
Trying to punish a Charging Star, gets Hyper Charging Star
Trying to tech a throw against Nova in the air
Using an Anchor Haggar against F. Champ's Magneto
When Justin Wong actually goes High with Storm

They may not rhyme but they're quite possibly
The dumbest ways to die in UMVC3
The dumbest ways to die in UMVC3
The dumbest ways to di-ie-ie-ie
So many dumb

K.Sabot

Spooky's playthrough of Danganronpa 1 was good, he's a natural for let's plays. Instigates discussion, answers questions, no herp derp.

Mr. X

Of course I do, but my lips are sealed. :p There are always lots of exciting things happening, it just might not line up with the kind of games you like.

Capcom bailing on the Western market to chase the wild mobile goose.

Just hoping they let their talent pursue original ideas like PS2-era Capcom that I remember so fondly.

Same here

:(

Is he uploading these to Youtube?

And hopefully he plays 2, would like to see him stream that.

From what I can tell, he isn't. You can ask him, he's streaming Disgaea right now. I better be careful and make sure nothing gets spoiled for DGR 2.

I think at NLBC he said his next game was gonna be P4G followed by FFX. I'm loving his PSTV streams.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Jump Install is in but IIRC alot of moves now auto Jump Install that didn't in AC
All my wasted hours learning how to jump install Vapor Thrust in #Reload in order to do average damage. GIVE THEM BACK!!!!

JK I fucking loved the time I had with the game I have no regrets

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I love this kind of relationship you have and work you did with communities and I enjoyed a lot Tekken at EVO so thank you for that. I think it's something great that such "middle men" (this is not pejorative ^^) like you and others were able to be in position where you have a real influence on things.

Thanks again. I will continue to use my 'skill' to help out wherever I can. I can't play games and organize events/tournaments like I did when I was younger, but I sure as hell can make things happen. ^.^ not just for TEKKEN either.

Is there a stream schedule?

Not yet, but very soon. It'll be about 7:30 AM JST until 10/11 PM JST. Long day of TEKKEN!

Rhapsody

Banned
All my wasted hours learning how to jump install Vapor Thrust in #Reload in order to do average damage. GIVE THEM BACK!!!!

JK I fucking loved the time I had with the game I have no regrets

I'm pretty sure Vapor Thrust was the one I tested on my friend's PS4 lol

I don't think it had auto JI, so your practice was not in vain ; )

Okay, maybe it is since don't really need to use it

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm pretty sure Vapor Thrust was the one I tested on my friend's PS4 lol

I don't think it had auto JI, so your practice was not in vain ; )

Okay, maybe it is since don't really need to use it
Well the one thing I can say about Ky is that at least he has a nicer looking combo flow now.

I don't know if we talked about it but USF4 sold 500K full copies. Added to the 1.1million of AE and all the other versions, it puts SF4 to 6.8 million games, 8 millions if you take the 3DS port into account. http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2014/2nd/explanation_2014_2nd_01.pdf
Without the 3DS port, it took Capcom 3 games to sell a bit more games than SF4 vanilla. That's somehow great and if I was already sure that cost control for the SF4 series was optimal, I didn't think the sales were following that much. Knowing AE sold more than a million and USF4 half a million really changes my perception of the series sales and even if SF4 is not my favortie, I'm glad they made it. :)

Well AE made 1.1k sales in two years. When you think about it it's not that much and companies often tries to get games sold as much as possible for one year as it covers the fiscal period and helps them put big numbers for shareholders. So AE is not that much a super great thing, but it proves that letting a game live for 2 year can help, just as UMVC3 did.

Silky

Banned
Any smash players can explain how stage selection in competitive smash works? Like, I heard that the Omega versions of stages would be banned in competitive play for Smash 4?

uh there's an hnk tournament i guess

http://www.twitch.tv/central804

Wow it reminds me of a tournament. I was at Stunfest in 2007 and there was a HNK tournament. The finals were starting at midnight and the Guilty Gear finals were after so I took a seat in a deck chair (yes we have deck chairs at Stunfest :'D) but everyone was late and the HNK tournament started at 2am I think.
At this period EVERYONE was playing Raoh and all Raoh players were doing the same infinite : combo to divekick, spear on the feet to stuck opponent, PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH and relaunch, redivekick... It was taking so much time that I... fell asleep in front of Raoh's infinite.

I woke up like one minute later and thought "Oh shit I fell asleep, did I miss someth" and the Raoh infinite was still going on. Except I didn't slept for one minute but for more than ONE FULL HOUR and it was finals going on now.

;_;

alstein

No it includes only full game sales, both boxed copies and digital.

The question is how many folks bought the $15 upgrade? You don't get a full picture without that.

I'm sure USF4 was profitable, and probably profitable enough to justify the use of the devs on the project instead of something else.

casperOne

NRS will be streaming MKX gameplay next Wednesay at 3 PM central.

Have a source? Just curious to read more, thanks.

Backseat CEO

sensible-chuckle-gif.gif

Some already posted in the youtube 60fps thread, looks gorgeous

They're glorious.

I really like the direction that they're going with Omega mode. I don't know if there will be any kind of tournament scene around it, but it looks like it's going to be an incredible breath of fresh air for the entry, not just for the FGC, but for people who may have strayed from the game as well.

Any smash players can explain how stage selection in competitive smash works? Like, I heard that the Omega versions of stages would be banned in competitive play for Smash 4?

DreamLandSSB.png

No real advantage for P1 or P2, no broken events and no wall. Omega stages are okay but you'll also need some counterpick stages (Marth is a bully on Final Destination, but you can "counter" him on a stage like Dream Island)

Capcom are this generation's THQ, I worrry. They're running out of rope.

They haven't even hired an outright replacement to Dawgtanian for SF community management in Europe. They ran interviews, but never actually hired anyone. Why?

It's funny because I work in Hammersmith next to Capcom Europe HQ. I'm so tempted to walk and ask for the position.

Play more games thats hardly anything

capcom's output and quality has been sucking almost all ps3/360 gen
I could name so many games from Capcom. Heck the reason I bought an Xbox 360 was for Lost Planet.

See I'm not gonna say it's BS. There's so many things that bother me about this. If that's true, when why are Jill and Shuma still DLC?
If that's true, then why did they still publish the game? Surely that should've halted progress, not sped it up?
If that's true, then why were system changes implemented in Ultimate, even down the cosmetic aspect like the GUI?
If that's true then why did Ultimate have it's own disc locked content? If we're to take that Capcom had to rush MvC3, then why did UMvC3 had locked costumes? That means they could've easily released UMvC3 later with all of the content available.

It's a sensitive area but I sure as hell hope Capcom aren't using the effects of mother nature to give them excuses for what is easily a scam of a product.

That rhyme

What do I sing this to?

Anyone cop the Street Fighter Assassin's Fist blu-ray yet?

Yes, I have it. The epilogue is worth the asking price. I feel it’s a must have for any Street Fighter fan.The best part of the Blu-ray is the director’s commentary. Joey Ansah is maybe the videogame film equivalent of Zach Snyder. I’m not certain on the exact budget of Assassin’s Fist, but it’s been hinted at in interviews that he filmed the project for “a few million dollars”. That's just amazing.

I would watch the directors commentary version first if you have seen the YouTube version a half dozen times like me. I hope they can reach 250,000 blu-ray/dvd sales, that would mean a small profit and room for a sequel. I hope Joey gets his money so he’s able to launch a full on television series. I highly recommend the Blu-ray. You will be pleased with your purchase.

I have a triple monitor setup at work. Its okay.

Also, you can't stream while drunk? I'm sorry, I thought this was America. How are people going to do after-hours fighting streams? RIP Lapchi-FChamp.

Happy Halloween FGC. The holiday is fun again now that my kids are old enough and into trick or treating.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I have a triple monitor setup at work. Its okay.

Also, you can't stream while drunk? I'm sorry, I thought this was America. How are people going to do after-hours fighting streams? RIP Lapchi-FChamp.

Happy Halloween FGC. The holiday is fun again now that my kids are old enough and into trick or treating.

People have different forms of drunk. You have Noel Brown drunk then you have Bum drunk. On a real note, I'm pretty sure if the commentators are not drunk Twitch won't do anything.

where did you hear that? I haven't seen anyone suggest that, only to roll up Omega versions with regular FD

Top Bottom