• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris () XBO & PS4 OT!!! (JP only)

Izuna

Banned
オー:
bljm61097_banner

"ピピ、ピピピ

Two Comprehensive/Translation guides here(pics):
http://www.windowscentral.com/puyo-puyo-tetris-guide
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xboxone/832015-puyo-puyo-tetris/faqs/70996 -- Courtesy of eastx

Playasia link for XBO http://www.play-asia.com/puyo-puyo-tetris-paOS-13-49-en-70-83xn.html

Playasia link for PS4 http://www.play-asia.com/puyo-puyo-tetris-paOS-13-49-en-70-83xj.html

The Perfect Puzzle ー Also on WiiU, 3DS, Vita and PS3

Sega brings us a game of pure gameplay in a mashup between the blob-dropping Puyo Puyo and the classic block dropper Tetris in what is poised to be a super balanced, sometimes very frustrating, competitive puzzle game.

With very careful gameplay mechanics Puyo Puyo Tetris seems to have come up with a whole new set of rules to combine two seemingly similar, but fundamentally different gametypes. There are many modes featuring different iterations of this combination; 4 player offline and online co-op is also a blast to play!

Here are some videos from other versions (same game really).
IGN Commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuF528EyXUE
Story Match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lJWi7c8Bag ピピピピ
Nostalgic Puyo Puyo music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTqN5hlyBXM

Personally I love this game. I feel that Tetris has the advantage in head to head, but that may be because Puyo Puyo takes more strategy.
If you have never played Puyo Puyo, it is the same game as Dr. Robotnic's Mean Bean Machine. This is not like that horrible SEGA RPG they have in Japanese Arcades.
Listen to the nostalgic Puyo Puyo music if you happened to grow up with this. Rules are based on the classic SNES/Arcade original, "Ice Storm" and what have you.

ピピピピーピピ"

Ninja Dom

I'm expecting all of the Wii U, PS4, Xbox One and PS3 versions to all run the same, right? 1080p and 60fps, right?

Izuna

Banned
I'm expecting all of the Wii U, PS4, Xbox One and PS3 versions to all run the same, right? 1080p and 60fps, right?

Yeah, but the PS4 and XBO version has all DLC you can unlock in Adventure mode.

--

Hype killed by me not knowing there is no digital release for this. But it's coming my way regardless. Amazon Japan has it really cheap so my GF is shipping it to me.

I have it on PS3 too so I guess I will play that and pretend it's on my 'Bone.

Anyway picking this up for Bone please add me.

Jeels

Could this get localized, maybe as a PSN title?

If not, I'll have to try the JP playstation store. Is it easy to play if you don't know Japanese?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One of these days, I'll import the Vita version. Still have the PS3 demo downloaded.

Shun

I love Puyo Puyo Tetris. I didn't know they were porting it over to the PS4.

I play it all the time on my PS3 and I wish I could get it on my 3DS.

I spent hours and hours playing this with friends and it's ridiculously fun for anyone who loves puzzle games.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So, is there anything new to the PS4/Xbone version, beyond just the DLC being included?

I've yet to play the game on any platform, so I'll be jumping in this time around.

Izuna

Banned
Wait a second. No digital release?

They always had a BIG delay for it so I guess they just didn't bother this time.

Could this get localized, maybe as a PSN title?

If not, I'll have to try the JP playstation store. Is it easy to play if you don't know Japanese?

Localisation is very unlikely. But you don't need to know Japanese, just a little menu memorisation. I played with my GF and I asked her maybe a couple of questions for turning on Hard Drop for Puyo Puyo and w/e. Have any questions send me a PM.

So, is there anything new to the PS4/Xbone version, beyond just the DLC being included?

I've yet to play the game on any platform, so I'll be jumping in this time around.

Uh... Hmm. You can play the PS4 version with the Vita dpad which imo is the best for this game and play PS4 people? Haha seriously that's it, but I want it for my Xbone.

--

You can play teams in multiplayer. Haha it's so fun to play 2v1 with 1 Tetris vs. 2 mediocre Puyo players. Swap made is my favourite for multiplayer too, where you have two boards that switch every 15 seconds or so.

Kind of a silly question but is there a good translation guide for this? I have it on 3DS and there are a TON of menus.

Izuna

Banned
Kind of a silly question but is there a good translation guide for this? I have it on 3DS and there are a TON of menus.

Can't find one but send me some pics of menus and I will translate them for you here. PSN Store is down?! so I can't get the PS3 version atm damnit.

NewGame

Banned
Is this game text heavy like the original Puyo titles? I'd love a localisation but the chances are so slim. Also a handheld version would rock my public transport world :(

Izuna

Banned
Is this game text heavy like the original Puyo titles? I'd love a localisation but the chances are so slim. Also a handheld version would rock my public transport world :(

Adventure mode has a bunch of story, but there are standard Tetris/Puyo modes that's just a couple of menu's away

I have a feeling I might have cared slightly about the adventure mode if I were fluent in Japanese but it's RIDICULOUSLY chatty so I just skipped all the cutscenes anyways

Chucker

Would love to have this digitally on the XBO. I'll hold out for a bit before biting the bullet, my wife loves Puyo Puyo and it's fun to play against her.

Izuna

Banned
Guys I cannot stress this enough, if you have a buddy in Japan Amazon has it for 19% off, but the Xbone version is selling out.

Izuna

Banned
Much appreciated! Once I pick the game back up again I'll take you up on that!

I'm subbed to threads I make so even an off screenshot or well, I dunno if 3DS can take screenshots... anyway post in this thread and I'll translate for you. Just not the story 😉

Izuna

Banned
PS4 will be my last 8th gen console, am I missing anything if I go with the PS3 one?

Just DLC and the ability to play with PS4 people.

I really think DS3 has a bad dpad for Puyo Tetris. I have a converter so I have used the 360 pad and it's not all that either. PS2 and Vita are the best dpads for it so far. I am hoping the Xbone's is okay.

GamerJM

Banned
I have the Vita version of this game and it's phenomenal. Jam-packed with content and most of it is quality stuff. I still need to play more of it. If there's no new content for the PS4/Xone versions I'll just stick with that though.

Izuna

Banned
My copy should be here by Monday, I'll stream some online games if the netcode is good. I just found out my roomie sucks at this.

I have tried the PS4 controller and yeah, it is even worse than DS3 for this. Glad I have a PS2 converter for the PS3 copy. Although I am now worried if the Xbone controller will be good.

So far PSP/Vita/DS2 are the best controllers.

Tizoc

Anyone know wher eto get the PSVita ver. fir cheap? I can't find it any lower than $50 or $60 =X

Hmm, i'd love this. Doubtful of a localization due to puyo puyo not being very big in outside Japan?

May just have to import ps4 version when i've a little extra cash, i assume its not too tough to play w/o any knowledge of Japanese?

Izuna

Banned
Hmm, i'd love this. Doubtful of a localization due to puyo puyo not being very big in north america?

May just have to import ps4 version when i've a little extra cash, i assume its not too tough to play w/o any knowledge of Japanese?

Puyo Puyo sells on its cute characters and their stories which unfortunately never made it over here during the SNES days. I think most people recognise the gameplay as Mean Bean Machine instead.

In which case, localising should be stripping away adventure mode and making it a cheaper downloadable title.

Izuna

Banned
It came with cards for Puyo Puyo Quest, that horrible Arcade game. Sadly I don't live in Japan so I can't resell it... If I knew I would have told my partner to keep it.

This is my first disc game for the Xbone. I hope it will be the last. =D

I am currently streaming this game at www.twitch.tv/izuninja

Izuna

Banned
Can't help it. Buying this right now. Should I go for Xbone or PS4?

If you have both, you are going to get more replays and more chance of playing online with people on PS4. However the Xbone controller > PS4 in terms of dpad for this game.

Slermy

I'd just go with whichever platform you prefer the controller on.

In other news, I had no idea this had an OT! My copy came just last week and I've had a blast playing it. Those menu translations are super helpful.

Top Bottom