• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris () XBO & PS4 OT!!! (JP only)

Damnit, I always jump when I see the name of this thread thinking some sort of US release has been announced....sad face.

EDIT: Sad man on the top of the page.....bleh

Izuna

Banned
I am going to quadruple dip if this comes out overseas, and makes it to the digital store.

I forgot how easy 75% of adventure mode is...

Sadly I can't seem to be able to find matches online. 😞

Oh this totally flew under my radar. I have the vita version but i'd love to play local with my friends. Sucks about no digital though, i thought that was a requirement for all the current gen consoles.

ピピピピーピピ"

I hate you.

It came with cards for Puyo Puyo Quest, that horrible Arcade game. Sadly I don't live in Japan so I can't resell it... If I knew I would have told my partner to keep it.
The code is for the smartphone game. I mod a message board with a few players so if you (or anybody else in this topic) don't care about the code, PM it to me and I can distribute it to people who can make use of it.

As for why you can't find anybody online, well, this should explain everything
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=949237

Izuna

Banned
Where is the Hard Drop option?

If you are playing multi mode or single player (not adventure mode) go to the right most option before you can play a match, choose the right most menu.

ハードドロップ
Set this to ON for it to work with Puyo Puyo.
Default means it is on for Tetris, but not Puyo Puyo.

If you have this on Xbone, add me Izuna Lasky

The code is for the smartphone game. I mod a message board with a few players so if you (or anybody else in this topic) don't care about the code, PM it to me and I can distribute it to people who can make use of it.

As for why you can't find anybody online, well, this should explain everything
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=949237

I thought the Arcade game was Puyo Puyo Quest... ah wikipedia told me there is a smartphone version.

There are a decent number of players on Xbone for this, but I guess they either don't want to play online or matchmaking is looking at our latency and saying NOPE.

Shin-Ra

NZmCg88.jpg
1.5GB update for Puyo Pop/Tetris.

Is that the whole game being downloaded?

Izuna

Banned
Online works -- better than on PS3, even when playing against Japan from UK there is only lag when a line is cleared in Tetris, making it super playable. Also in Puyo Puyo it is hardly noticeable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJhtUSxXdk0 <- the clip is way laggier than the actual gameplay

For some reason www.xboxclips.com breaks when trying to play any clip from the game, it also takes a very long time for upload studio. I guess the bitrate is insane.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but the PS4 and XBO version has all DLC you can unlock in Adventure mode.

--

Hype killed by me not knowing there is no digital release for this. But it's coming my way regardless. Amazon Japan has it really cheap so my GF is shipping it to me.

I have it on PS3 too so I guess I will play that and pretend it's on my 'Bone.

Anyway picking this up for Bone please add me.

You had me hyped, I already wanted to buy a psn card for my jpn account. Tetris dream crashed.

Online works -- better than on PS3, even when playing against Japan from UK there is only lag when a line is cleared in Tetris, making it super playable. Also in Puyo Puyo it is hardly noticeable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJhtUSxXdk0 <- the clip is way laggier than the actual gameplay

For some reason www.xboxclips.com breaks when trying to play any clip from the game, it also takes a very long time for upload studio. I guess the bitrate is insane.
The worst online lag in the PS3 version was even a swap chain was happening in the background, did they fix that?

&#12407;&#12424;&#12407;&#12424;&#65374;&#65374;&#12435;

I enjoyed the PS3 demo but didn't bite on the full game.
Might go digital on PS4 this time around.

Izuna

Banned
3-7 has a singing battle between Carbuncle and O... But I can't record it with GameDVR &#128542; it says it can't during that cutscene. I am so sad right now.

Ooh, an OT for this game!

I imported the physical version for both PS3 and PS4, but I've probably only played a total of 5 online matches between both. I can never find anybody. Great fun offline though!

This might very well be the first game I ever import. especially after learning in the tetris ultimate thread that ubisoft now have the rights to it.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Vita version looks great too so I'll likely import it soon for godly Tetris on the go.

EDIT: Just as a hint, check your local Amazon for the game. For me it's often cheaper than ordering from play-asia and the like.

beanman25

Got my copy for PS4. Shame I'm horrible though. I play vs computer and outscore them but they always get masterful combos. I've never played a Puyo game before, but I consider myself decent enough at Tetris.

Izuna

Banned
Got my copy for PS4. Shame I'm horrible though. I play vs computer and outscore them but they always get masterful combos. I've never played a Puyo game before, but I consider myself decent enough at Tetris.

Adventure mode has a nice difficulty curve, and the tutorials tell you basically all you need know about Puyo. You can do very well in Puyo without needed to worry about your speed.

BOTEC

Did the game hitch up for any one else playing on Xbone? I was playing the straight Tetris VS Puyo Puyo mode (I was playing Tetris, the computer was playing Puyo), and every once in a while it would pause for a second to figure out how much shit to drop on the other guy's side. That seems unnecessary.

Izuna

Banned
Did the game hitch up for any one else playing on Xbone? I was playing the straight Tetris VS Puyo Puyo mode (I was playing Tetris, the computer was playing Puyo), and every once in a while it would pause for a second to figure out how much shit to drop on the other guy's side. That seems unnecessary.

Sounds like you need to hard reset or something. Never had that myself.

Izuna

Banned
So yeah, playing in Tokyo doesn't make the online more able. Fucking knew it.

Maybe because it is New Years though. There aren't even many people driving about throughout the day.

Finally got to play with a new (Titanfall) controller so I can really say... PS2 > Vita > Xbone > other controllers > PS3

Izuna

Banned
I swear the same 4 people online are the only ones playing haha. Also it seems latency when playing online in Japan/London vs. Japan is almost the same. I think the game just handles netcode in such a way that makes connection not really matter, but never feel like local.

I'm kinda pissed at how good my SO is at Puyo &#128542; it's not fun anymore.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, thanks to Giantbomb, the PS4 version is sold out at all the usual places I can think of. Hopefully the AmiAmi backorder process comes through.

Slermy

Man, thanks to Giantbomb, the PS4 version is sold out at all the usual places I can think of. Hopefully the AmiAmi backorder process comes through.

Kind of an odd time to do a QuickLook of this. Anyway, hopefully this means it'll be easier to find multiplayer matches.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kind of an odd time to do a QuickLook of this. Anyway, hopefully this means it'll be easier to find multiplayer matches.
Jeff just got sent a copy of the game during Christmas and it seems to always take them a while to get back online.

I just hope I can get a copy... don't really want a Xbone version. lol

CHusson91

Banned
Thinking about heading to the store after class and grabbing this today. That QuickLook made the game seem like a lot of fun.

Yaari

Ooo. I've never heard of them, but they're on the same level as AmiAmi and those places?

Ah, never mind, you can't cancel Ami Ami orders anyway. Dope.

Alot of people I know buy their gaming stuff there, so I guess they are fine.

Finding a Vita copy will be difficult though, bleh.

I don't own the game or anything, but Giant Bomb did a Quick Look of Puyo Puyo Tetris if anyone's looking for more footage of the game. And before anyone asks: yes, that is the beginning of the video.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is a wild, amazing game. You people playing it are very fortunate!

Now my question: in the last round of GB's game, they're playing a versus 'lucky mode'... can anyone explain how that works? Because it's bananas.

iamcenok

My sort of girlfriend sent me a copy for Christmas. However I was told I can't "practice" until she comes back from Japan so we can battle.

Such a cute game. I just wish I knew what was going on in the story.. as much as it probably just doesn't matter in a puzzle game.

Top Bottom