• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris () XBO & PS4 OT!!! (JP only)

Oh, I love Puyo Puyo so much. Not quite as much as Panel de Pon. But it's a lot of fun. And Tetris is the most famous puzzle game ever. So it's nice to see them together. I kept meaning to buy it for my Japanese 3DS.

I guess I won't need a Japanese console to play these, will I? I may get them if I get a PlayStation 4. Sadly, I don't have a PlayStation 4, though.. And I don't think that Puyo Puyo Tetris is quite enough to make me get one.

Izuna

Banned
ChronusMaxed this bitch and used a PS2 pad on the Xbone. Omg is it beautiful.

While in Tokyo I thought I would pick up the Vita version if I saw it in the shops, but despite going to large electronic stores in Ikebukoro and like I couldn't find it. Just a ton of lolicon games for the system :(

colinp

Banned
ChronusMaxed this bitch and used a PS2 pad on the Xbone. Omg is it beautiful.

While in Tokyo I thought I would pick up the Vita version if I saw it in the shops, but despite going to large electronic stores in Ikebukoro and like I couldn't find it. Just a ton of lolicon games for the system :(

Not sure how much longer you'll be in Tokyo, but Amazon JP ships crazy fast and they have it in stock.

Also could of course try Akihabara or Shinjuku (Shinjuku is just a hop skip and a jump from ikebukuro!).

Glad to see Giant Bomb finally got this, seems like something Jeff would love. I have to wait until the Quick Look is up on YouTube before I can actually watch it though.

Can't decide between Vita or PS4. I watched some footage on Vita and everything looked kinda small.

I play it on Vita, in no way is size a problem and the 1000's OLED screen is spectacular with the vibrant colours of the game.

Izuna

Banned
Not sure how much longer you'll be in Tokyo, but Amazon JP ships crazy fast and they have it in stock.

Also could of course try Akihabara or Shinjuku (Shinjuku is just a hop skip and a jump from ikebukuro!).

I was staying in Mejiro so I was real close to both (not Akihabara though). I am not there, felt bad dragging my SO around to every game related store.

I have a feeling it isn't well stocked.

Rich!

Been playing this now that my OG 3DS is happily region free

It's fun as hell, but uh...I'm not too happy with the playing area in Tetris mode being so fucking tiny. like, really?! half the screen is taken up by stats that could go on the bottom screen! gah

Unless I'm missing an option somewhere.

After watching the disaster that is Tetris Ultimate. I was happy to see Dan and Jeff have so much fun playing this. So much so that I asked Nippon Yasan if they'd order it so my girlfriend and I could play it on Xbox One. An hour later after my request they had it up on the site to order. You can't beat that!

The mixed mode gameplay looked insanely fun!

Izuna

Banned
Anyone who has this on Xbone, add me so I can whoop you.

Also lmao my SO was doing all of the Puyo challenges for me. I will never get that good.

Lombax

Banned
I watched the quicklook on giant bomb last night, and just ordered a PS4 copy from play asia ($60.00 shipped).

In before the game gets 'windjammer'ed'

Why wouldn't this be a digital release?

I'm completely ignorant as to the business reasons behind something like that happening but the costs can't be that high, surely? Again, completely ignorant, would love to understand more about why stuff like this happens.

I'd be all over this if it was a digital release in Europe!

It should have been a digital release in Japan on new consoles.

It will never come to the west as long as ubisoft has the tetris licence

Goron2000

best junior ever

I'm completely ignorant as to the business reasons behind something like that happening but the costs can't be that high, surely? Again, completely ignorant, would love to understand more about why stuff like this happens.

It's probably down to the Tetris rights. Ubisoft has publishing rights in the US and Sega has the rights in Japan and there's probably all sorts of issues with digital and physical publishing rights.

Izuna

Banned

セガは、PS4/Xbox One版「ぷよぷよテトリス」を2014年12月4日に発売すると発表した。価格は5,480円(税抜)。

「ぷよぷよテトリス」は、国民的パズルゲーム「ぷよぷよ」と「テトリス」が融合したアクションパズルゲーム。今回発売されることが決定したPS4/Xbox One版では、ゲームの基本的な内容はそのままに、より遊びやすくなる調整が行われているとのことだ。

さらに、ゲーム内のアドベンチャーモードを進めることで、PS3/PS Vita/Wii U/3DS版にて現在配信中のダウンロードコンテンツが全て入手可能になっているなど、お得に遊べる1本となっているぞ。なお、販売形態はパッケージのみで、ダウンロード版の配信は予定されていないので注意しておこう。

ここで気になるのは「販売形態はパッケージのみ」という点。パズルゲームのようなジャンルはダウンロード版を喜ぶ層も多そうですが、何故かパッケージのみ。

なんでや・・・PS3版もダウンロード販売されているのに・・・なんでや・・・と思っていたのですが、そういえば「ぷよテト」のPS3版はダウンロード販売がパッケージ版より遅れていた事を思い出しました。

そうそう、知り合いのブログで指摘されていたのよね。

唯一ハブられていたPS3版『ぷよぷよテトリス』のダウンロード版が配信開始! ゲーム好きの戯言ブログ
ぷよぷよテトリス

確かに配信日は4月15日になっていますね、Vita版がパッケージと同じ2月6日配信ですから2ヶ月以上も遅れて配信されています。そもそもPS3版のDL開始すらメディアへの通知が無かったような気もしますし、当然のように遅れた理由も不明なままです。

PS4/XboxOne版も暫く経ってからDL版が配信される可能性はあるかもですな。まぁ色々なハードで展開されているゲームですから「次世代機らしい」ゲームとは真逆で「PS4やXboxOneでも動くゲーム」という認識が良さそう。既にPS4やXboxOneにメインハードをシフトしている人向けだと思いますが、価格がなぁ。

Welp, I ordered an import copy of the PS4 version from Play-Asia.com. I was foolish enough to buy Tetris Ultimate, but it is easily the sloppiest release of Tetris I have seen - thank god it only cost 10€.

Anyway, can't wait to try this one out. Looks fun!

Saw this thread over the holiday and decided last week on a whim to splurge a bit:
B7LW2j7CYAAryfV.jpg
Only had a chance to play the Vita version so far, but going to put the PS4 version in today hopefully. Feels darn good from the Tetris side, and this is actually my first introduction to Puyo Puyo.

Cost difference between slow shipping from PlayAsia and fast was only about $6 which meant I ordered the games on Fri and they arrived on Monday for just under a $100 total. GiantBomb guys did a QL and talk about it on this weeks podcast, wonder if that new interest will drive up the import price any.

It's probably down to the Tetris rights. Ubisoft has publishing rights in the US and Sega has the rights in Japan and there's probably all sorts of issues with digital and physical publishing rights.

Ahhhh I see. That's really disappointing. Thanks for the answer.

pikablu

Shoutout to whomever bought that ps3 version for $45 on amazon. Knew I should have bit sooner. Just bought one for $50 though.

-GJ-

I just bought this game last night for PS4. I do have one question though. Is it possible to play just a regular game of Tetris or Puyo Puyo, without having to battle against an enemy?

Izuna

Banned
I just bought this game last night for PS4. I do have one question though. Is it possible to play just a regular game of Tetris or Puyo Puyo, without having to battle against an enemy?

Yes.

Actually lemme tell you how.

ひとりで for single player
Pick とことん
Then マラソン

Unlike Tetris DS the limit is 150 lines. You can set it to Endless if you want.

Top Bottom