• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ - Season 3 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
WAIT WAIT WAIT............She's 27!?

Emily+Kinney+Premiere+AMC+Walking+Dead+3rd+3kbm9Ip4BNYl.jpg

Hoooooooooooly shitsnacks and crackers.

And now we know why Merle was looking for dope under the mattresses. Homegirl probably smoked all his stash of blue meth in one sitting.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Episode 7: The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Like his mother, Carl forgets to watch after the one thing he was assigned to do, leading to the death of the Daryl's cat.

Episode 8: Rick learns some parenting skills when Daryl uses an Ethernet-5 Cable on Carl's behind for killing Daryl's cat... AGAIN.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/fa67bc0a2567852af585b6be32e2547d/tumblr_mhqmue7z8n1s306ffo1_500.gif

WTF. :lol

Kinyou

btw. Kind of disappointing that the whole Carl / Beth thing hasn't led to anything yet. Thought that some heartbroken and heavily armed kid in puberty that doesn't get what it wants could make for some interesting stories.

Ruze789

It was a casing, the sound had a high ring to it. Rick's giant magnum revolver would make a deep thunk when it hits the ground.

Half assed sound editing.

This, exactly. People aren't thinking it was actually a casing being ejected from a Colt Python, it just sounds like that's what they used.
It sounds small and light, like a casing. Not at all like a gun that weighs almost 1.5 pounds.

Also, why the fuck was the season finale called "Welcome to the Tombs"? They spent less than a minute in the "tombs". Even the title of the finale was misleading trolololol

They welcomed all those seniors from Woodbury to the prison. It all makes sense if you think about it. This whole show was about how to get the seniors, the walking dead, to the prison. Since they're dead anyways, they're welcomed to the their tombs.

btw. Kind of disappointing that the whole Carl / Beth thing hasn't led to anything yet. Thought that some heartbroken and heavily armed kid in puberty that doesn't get what it wants could make for some interesting stories.

A 14 year old making out with a 27 year old would be pretty damn weird.

Enco

Shut up.

We don't want to give them any ideas. 10 episode arc with Carl trying to win Beth over. They have an awkward kiss and she finishes by saying 'Lets just be friends'.

No.

I found the finale disappointing, but at least Andrea is dead.

The only good part was the answer Carl gave to Rick about killing that guy. It was absolutely spot on. With my wife we always take notice that the protagonists never kill their enemies when they have the chance and it ALWAYS comes back to bite them in the ass (in every show), finally someone wises up to it. Carl is now my favorite character (and I truly hated him season 1)

They welcomed all those seniors from Woodbury to the prison. It all makes sense if you think about it. This whole show was about how to get the seniors, the walking dead, to the prison. Since they're dead anyways, they're welcomed to the their tombs.

Isn't taking in senior citizens possibly the worst decision you can make? They're the most likely to die in their sleep, which means they turn zombie while everyone else is sleeping (except for those on guard), and they probably make a late night snack out of Judith or Hershel.

I want to see the group lock up each senior citizen in a cell overnight. It's the only logical decision.

Yep, Carl was the best thing about this episode by far. He may not be acted too well, but I'm willing to cut Chandler Riggs some slack on that. Rick needed to hear those truth bombs. After that great start to the season where he's ruthless as hell, it petered out and he went back to being his usual ball-less self. Shane would be spinning in his grave if Rick had been able to bury him.

Literally, not sure if serious.

People think that the sound after the gunshot is a bullet casing? I guess I'll have to listen to it again because I immediately recognized it to be the gun falling from her dead hand and hitting the floor. Wouldn't a casing bounce around a bit and have a higher pitched tone to it? Maybe my surround sound system lied to me. Damn those lying speakers.

I was watching it with some people and we thought it was a shell casing. Had a WTF moment.

Actually, that whole sequence was a little confusing:

-Andrea is dying
-Rick offers his gun and it seems like they're going to leave her there (I thought "NOT YOUR REVOLVER, RICK!")
-Michonne wants to stay
-Behind closed doors, we hear the gunshot (shell casing?)
-Rick has his revolver

I assumed, since they decided they weren't just going to leave her there, she used a different pistol, but who knows. I don't even really care.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Figure the Shell casing was an audio mistake, and that Michonne would bring Rick back his gun (not like it hasn't been used to mercy kill a friend or two, before)

Shut up.

We don't want to give them any ideas. 10 episode arc with Carl trying to win Beth over. They have an awkward kiss and she finishes by saying 'Lets just be friends'.

No.

Carl is a cold blooded killer now. He killed that other kid with that shotgun.

Carl is going to hit on Beth, she'll say they should "Just be friends", and then Carl is going to shoot her seventeen times with a glock he steals from Daryl's motorcycle. Then we're going to have a story arc of Rick hunting crazy Carl down in the forests which culminates in Rick tracking Carl down to the embers of their burnt home, where Morgan sees Rick reluctantly take out Carl and then he goes crazy, which forces Rick to take Morgan out as well.

This is known.

Bigfoot

I had some free time last night and was bored, so below is a list of posters who said they are done with this show (only looked at posts from the time the season finale ended):
lordfroakie
PsychoRaven
Deadly Joker
Kard8p3
SirButterstick
SpeedingUptoStop
MyAbsolution
Amir0x
Dany M
Aesthet1c
Seanspeed
BomberMouse
DryvBy2
Kallor

I was surprised there wasn't more posters in the list. I guess it really was a case of the vocal minority making such a fuss. I'm interested to see how many show up in the season 4 thread. I would bet at least half of them do...

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I love how the Gov's people were all in the dark hallways and scared out into the open then shot at, but no one was hurt. If they wanted to kill them they could have locked them in and shot them like fish in barrels. So either they didn't want to kill anyone, or they did and they just suck.

I had some free time last night and was bored, so below is a list of posters who said they are done with this show (only looked at posts from the time the season finale ended):

I was surprised there wasn't more posters in the list. I guess it really was a case of the vocal minority making such a fuss. I'm interested to see how many show up in the season 4 thread. I would bet at least half of them do...

Well I didn't say it, but if the first episode of the next season does not grab me, I'll probably be done with the show. Season 3 was better than season 2, but that's not saying a lot considering season 2 was a soap opera on a farm.

Sean

Banned
Yeah, no way they're going there.

Probably when they were setting it up, they realized themselves: "Oh shit, she's 27!? GUYS! We have to call the Carl-Beth romance off!"

They could still do a romance plot, just have it be implied.

Carl and Beth are seen holding hands. Later in the episode they walk out of the janitor closet with Carl zipping up his pants and Beth wiping her mouth while wearing the cowboy hat. Hershel sees this and is not pleased, confronts Rick, drama.

Tastes like salt.

If you actually read the thread, most people seem to be at least disappointing with the finale with very few people saying that that won't come back. Compiling their names into one post just seems like a cheap way to get some internet fame for calling out the naysayers who mind end up changing their minds next season.

Man I bet those old folks couldn't wait to abandon their clean homes with running water and electricity for a zombie-ridden jail cell with ripped up mattresses. What a fucking embarrassing joke that finale was.

Bigfoot

Tastes like salt.

If you actually read the thread, most people seem to be at least disappointing with the finale with very few people saying that that won't come back. Compiling their names into one post just seems like a cheap way to get some internet fame for calling out the naysayers who mind end up changing their minds next season.

Internet fame, lol.

Nothing wrong with having a list to call people out next season. I likely won't do it, but the list is there in case someone else wants to. I just find it amusing that posters like to be extra dramatic by claiming they are "done" with something, when everyone knows they probably aren't. This isn't the only thread where it happens, but it seems to happen by one or two posters each episode in this thread.

Man I bet those old folks couldn't wait to abandon their clean homes with running water and electricity for a jail cell with ripped up mattresses. What a fucking embarrassing joke that finale was.

Some people defend the decision by saying that they don't have enough people to man the barriers and stuff and the Gov is still out there. I think it's just BS. It would have been better if Woodbury got overrun by zombies or burned down. Give a legitimate reason not to stay there, not nebulous staffing issues. The Gov should've died anyway.

Internet fame, lol.

Nothing wrong with having a list to call people out next season. I likely won't do it, but the list is there in case someone else wants to. I just find it amusing that posters like to be extra dramatic by claiming they are "done" with something, when everyone knows they probably aren't. This isn't the only thread where it happens, but it seems to happen by one or two posters each episode in this thread.

Making a list and calling out people for coming back just screams pettiness to me. Let them be dramatic or try to engage with them on why they are "done." You'll learn to recognize the one-shot posters and you'll learn to just gloss over their one-offs. Doing this is just petty.

Man I bet those old folks couldn't wait to abandon their clean homes with running water and electricity for a zombie-ridden jail cell with ripped up mattresses. What a fucking embarrassing joke that finale was.

We don't know the whole story yet. I predict a time lapse in which we learn that Rick and Co. actually brought the old folks and women over as slave labor to make the prison a habitable society by cleaning, planting crops, and re-fortifying the fences after the "assault." Just imagine Rick as Ben Stiller's character from Happy Gilmore. That's what'll ease the pain of this burn.

this is so stupid. I've read this before and it's such a poor argument and REEKS of trying too hard to be negative:

1) governor knows woodbury better than anyone
2) woodbury can EASILY be overrun by walkers
3) prison is more fortified from walkers AND front on attacks
4) prison group knows prison best

With one grenade launcher and some ammo you could literally decimate every home in woodbury and overrun the place with walkers...VERY easily. Same can't be said for the prison due to the depth of the interior. Which by the way with all their new manpower they should be able to clear.

LosDaddie

Banned

Good stuff! :)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Woodbury is Swiss cheese for infiltrators. You can't defend it. It's full of holes, bolted doors and paneled windows that can only deter walkers. The main doors are basically corrugated steel and tires held with duct tape. The prison is brick and concrete, hard enough to block even the biggest herd (then again, good luck running for supplies when you are out of pork & beans).

As for old people... they do have some value. A few of them could have worked the trades. Plus, they can help with crops (if it comes to that) and the chores when most of the action crew is doing thangs out there. That said, I hope Rick bolts those fuckers down at night. You don't want gramps having a heart attack at night and having a late snack while everybody else is asleep. I think bringing them to the prison is going to bite them in the ass.

Dai101

Banned
Chandler Riggs, the actor playing Carl is fast approaching puberty. As long as he is a character they will need to keep the pacing of the events of the show roughly 1:1 with real life.

This was the primary reason that Walt had to be written out of lost.

it's too bad they killed Sophia :p

And that's the reason they killed Sophia in S2. She was growing too fast.

Also, why the fuck was the season finale called "Welcome to the Tombs"? They spent less than a minute in the "tombs". Even the title of the finale was misleading trolololol

It has more to do with Andrea, they got her back to be buried along her peers in the prison. This episode was basically Andrea's swan song, and after reading all those interviews i kinda understand why. Fuck Mazzara, in Gimple we trust.

MisterHero

Woodbury is Swiss cheese for infiltrators. You can't defend it. It's full of holes, bolted doors and paneled windows that can only deter walkers. The main doors are basically corrugated steel and tires held with duct tape. The prison is brick and concrete, hard enough to block even the biggest herd (then again, good luck running for supplies when you are out of pork & beans).

As for old people... they do have some value. A few of them could have worked the trades. Plus, they can help with crops (if it comes to that) and the chores when most of the action crew is doing thangs out there. That said, I hope Rick bolts those fuckers down at night. You don't want gramps having a heart attack at night and having a late snack while everybody else is asleep.
yup that's probably what happened at the nursing home in season 1. abuela died and ate everyone.

Woodbury's boundaries are more complicated than a fenced-in compound in the middle of a field. Too many buildings and shoddy barriers to monitor. Assuming TeamRick can repair the doors Governor pulled open, they're still far more secure.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
yup that's probably what happened at the nursing home in season 1. abuela died and ate everyone.

I laughed more than I should.

That said, you just pointed another example of wretched writing/editing. One of the deleted scenes of S2 saw the main characters returning to the city and finding signs of an assault. It was heavily implied that the Governor attacked the nursing home and took Rick's weapons.

Edit: I just read that Andrea took the bag with her, but IIRC Rick left his bag of guns to the vatos to fend themselves.

MisterHero

I laughed more than I should.

That said, you just pointed another example of wretched writing/editing. One of the deleted scenes of S2 saw the main characters returning to the city and finding signs of an assault. It was heavily implied that the Governor attacked the nursing home and took Rick's weapons.

Edit: I just read that Andrea took the bag with her, but IIRC Rick left his bag of guns to the vatos to fend themselves.
Nah he just gave them guns. I still suspect that Gov found out about Morgan (watching Rick going back and forth, etc.). Heck that's where his next arsenal might come from.

I was hoping the bag came back to the group. Almost left in Atlanta, the farm, only to empty in Governor's office.

Woodbury's boundaries are more complicated than a fenced-in compound in the middle of a field. Too many buildings and shoddy barriers to monitor. Assuming TeamRick can repair the doors Governor pulled open, they're still far more secure.

Plus, the yard at the prison is a pretty massive swath of land, perfect for planting crops without fear of walker intervention (after they clean the yard of walkers again).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Book marked to know if they do come back. Thanks for this.

Also Sometimes Salad is a sad choice for a meal. from /r/thewalkingdead

Dai101

Banned

That was in the Darabont era of the series.

Enco

Carl is a cold blooded killer now. He killed that other kid with that shotgun.

Carl is going to hit on Beth, she'll say they should "Just be friends", and then Carl is going to shoot her seventeen times with a glock he steals from Daryl's motorcycle. Then we're going to have a story arc of Rick hunting crazy Carl down in the forests which culminates in Rick tracking Carl down to the embers of their burnt home, where Morgan sees Rick reluctantly take out Carl and then he goes crazy, which forces Rick to take Morgan out as well.

This is known.
Use spoiler tags pls

:lol

What an awful season finale, glad Andrea is dead. To be honest The Walking Dead was a just a stop gap for me while I wait for Dexter and Breaking Bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom