• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

17 year old teen throws 9 year old off of building roof (Update: expected to live)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenov

Serious question guys, is white culture like a cancer? What causes these white people to act like animals? I've never seen black people act like this. Etc etc
carmine-aska.jpg

Attempted murder doesn't seem like it is enough of a charge.

Throwing someone off a roof and then lying about it is some fucked up shit.

Aska needs to be locked up forever.

Slavik81

I would not have expected anyone to survive a 5 story fall onto concrete. I hope the kid gets really good medical treatment.

Is it wrong that I'm almost as horrified by the blood-thirsty sentiments in this thread as I am by the alleged crime? I just wanted to check.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
So angry right now....I can't even fucking describe it.

Torture this peace of shit for as long as humanly possible while keeping him alive, let him beg for his life, then for death, torture him more and then throw him off the building. If he lives put a bullet in his head.

Nobody who does something like this deserves to live, "good kid" ....right.

Are you volunteering to do the torturing and killing?

Is it wrong that I'm almost as horrified by the blood-thirsty sentiments in this thread as I am by the alleged crime? I just wanted to check.

Nope, it's pretty fucked up.

OK. But, again, just wanting to check be sure, it's wrong that opinions like this

So angry right now....I can't even fucking describe it.

Torture this peace of shit for as long as humanly possible while keeping him alive, let him beg for his life, then for death, torture him more and then throw him off the building. If he lives put a bullet in his head.

Nobody who does something like this deserves to live, "good kid" ....right.

disturb me almost as much as the crime?

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
The body may be mostly developed by the age of 18 but brain development continues for many years afterwards extending into mid/late 20's primarily in areas mostly concerned with reason. So at 17 especially I don't think anyone should be tried as an adult. He should however certainly know by that age that throwing a child off a roof is a fucking horrible thing to do. The kid is in dire need of help and redirection, there's no doubt about it. I just don't think that locking him up in prison is the most ideal way to teach him to properly behave in society. He's dangerous, so lock him in a mental hospital and work towards addressing his issues so that when he does re-enter society he won't come back even worse.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
They could have tried being human

There are a number of ways to look at that situation. For one the neighbours might not have known about his previous arrests or what they were for. And lets not forget that friends and family are usually the ones who have a hard time understanding what happened and trying to rationalize it. It's not unusual that friends and family aren't the first one who call their loved one a monster. If you done something crazy, your family would probably say something similar, they wouldn't just jump on the wagon and say' he's a piece of shit'.

Friggz

I thought a person ususally dies from a 3 story fall? 5 stories onto concrete? im surprised they didnt need a shovel.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I thought a person ususally dies from a 3 story fall? 5 stories onto concrete? im surprised they didnt need a shovel.

Kid probably had relaxed muscles which would have helped him survive this kind of fall.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Horrible horrible story and this guy needs to go to prison, stat. I can't even fathom where your head is at to throw a kid off a BUILDING. Messed up.

GRIP

There are a bunch of crazy stories of people surviving from incredibly high falls. Seeing the building though, it really is a miracle that this kid survived.

OK. But, again, just wanting to check be sure, it's wrong that opinions like this disturb me almost as much as the crime?

It's not so much 'wrong' as it is giving actions and words the same level of respect. The crime was a thing that really happened, whilst that post is just someone, probably incredibly angry having just read about the crime committed, posting something on the internet they'll likely retract once they calm down and think logically. Actions speak louder than words, and whilst that post is pretty disturbing it shouldn't disturb you 'almost as much as the crime'.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Definitely charge him as an adult. 17 is many, many years past knowing the ramifications of such an act.

They're not robots "BEEP BOOP OUR FAMILY MEMBER SHOULD BE KILLED END TRANSMISSION"

pfft. if my brother did something I'd be the first to say throw him in jail, he's scum. who better than family to know how fucked up someone is.on the other hand this kid sounds like he has some serious mental problems.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
17? Yeah, put in jail for life.

By 17 year are 99% an adult in terms of making rational decisions. Inexperienced maybe, but not incapable of understanding that throwing someone off a roof is wrong.

Actually, the frontal lobe of your brain doesn't fully develop until your early (or even mid) 20s.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Actually, the frontal lobe of your brain doesn't fully develop until your early (or even mid) 20s.

Well I'm sure that accounts for the recklessness of some youth, but I think even a 10 year old could tell you why attempted murder is wrong. 17? They know as much as they will ever know about the consequences of such actions.

I was working a job and paying for an apartment at 16 :p

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
It's a real shame how much time and tax dollars this piece of shit is going to tie up with his trial and life as he lives out his days rotting away in a cell. We know he's guilty, there's no defense for what he did, just take him out back and be done with him.

Even if you could rehabilitate him, he doesn't deserve it. He can never give back or make up for the fucked up life that other boy is sure to have if he even lives.

It's not so much 'wrong' as it is giving actions and words the same level of respect. The crime was a thing that really happened, whilst that post is just someone, probably incredibly angry having just read about the crime committed, posting something on the internet they'll likely retract once they calm down and think logically. Actions speak louder than words, and whilst that post is pretty disturbing it shouldn't disturb you 'almost as much as the crime'.

This is pretty much spot on, maybe I went too far with that post but reading this story I just....no, can't let someone get away with this. I honestly believe he deserves to die as he will be nothing but a hindrance on society and seems to have been for his teenage years.

Obviously the torture thing was just my overwhelming anger at this story, I mean picturing the situation how it played out in my mind....imagining it from the perspective of the kid, the attacker and an invisible 3rd party at the same time it just sent me over the edge, which is rare for me as I normally try to stay detached and logical about things and rarely like to post in controversial threads.

Normally I'm more articulate and logical in my posts than this but I'm a bit groggy at the moment so forgive bad grammar or lack of polish in my posts.

I would not have expected anyone to survive a 5 story fall onto concrete. I hope the kid gets really good medical treatment.

Here's hoping the kid makes a recovery.

A friend of mine once fell off a fifth floor balcony, then bounced off some clothing wires which helped cushion his fall before landing on concrete. How he wasn't sliced to pieces by the wires is beyond me, but he did make a pretty remarkable recovery after six months of convalescence. Being a really skinny guy only helped as the impact would have been much worse otherwise.

That's why I hold high hopes for this poor 9 year-old to pull through.

It's a real shame how much time and tax dollars this piece of shit is going to tie up with his trial and life as he lives out his days rotting away in a cell. We know he's guilty, there's no defense for what he did, just take him out back and be done with him.

Even if you could rehabilitate him, he doesn't deserve it. He can never give back or make up for the fucked up life that other boy is sure to have if he even lives.

Everyone deserves a trial.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
pfft. if my brother did something I'd be the first to say throw him in jail, he's scum. who better than family to know how fucked up someone is.on the other hand this kid sounds like he has some serious mental problems.

Who better than family to try think of him as a good boy and have trouble understanding what he did.

Welp, both their lives are changed forever. Kid deserves to die.
I wouldn't have been playing on that roof (or any roof) at all.

Dude Abides

Banned

No, we don't know what happened.

All I can think about is that poor baby. I just want to cry for him. Send that fucking monster to the chair, if the little boy survives it's the only way he'll even have a chance to live his life without being afraid.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Is Cuomo going to introduce common sense legislation on habitations? Maybe no one lives in a dwelling over 2 stories tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom