• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2007 Italy's Software chart

According to GFK group, here are the 2007 cumulative software sales.

http://www.mondoxbox.com/news/11151/vendite-software-in-italia-per-il-2007.html

TOP 10 2007
01 PES 2008 (PS2) [439.800]
02 More Brain Training (DS) [279.300]
03 Pokemon Diamante (DS) [203.000]
04 Brain Training (DS) [177.500]
05 FIFA 08 (PS2) [181.800]
06 DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (PS2) [170.700]
07 Pokemon Perla (DS) [154.100]
08 PES 6 (PS2) [134.800]
09 DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (PS2) [133.300]
10 PES 2008 (PS3) [121.500]

Xbox 360
Halo 3 [73.700]
Assassin's Creed [55.500]
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 [53.700]
Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare [41.400]
Forza Motorsport 2 [28.500]
Lost Planet Extreme Condition [23.000]
Fifa 08 [21.800]
Gears Of War [19.700]
Bioshock [19.200]

Wii
Wii Play + Wii Remote [46.000]
Super Mario Galaxy [34.300]
Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess [22.300]
DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 [17.100]

PS3
PES 2008 [121.500]
Assassin's Creed [89.600]
Resistance Fall Of A Man [58.500]
Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare [52.500]
Motorstorm [48.200]
Fifa 08 [40.500]

Wow, wii has the worst selling software, playstation brand rules italy!

AniHawk

You know, I have always thought Italy was the most important part of the world when it came to nextgen sales.

No Wii or 360 titles in the top 10, and the top PS3 title is the lowest in the chart. PS2 and DS seem to have some form of deathgrip.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Italians are the cheapest Pro evo players too, they play shit and try to turn others game into shit.

LEARN TO PLAY ITALIANS

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
WrikaWrek said:
Italians are the cheapest Pro evo players too, they play shit and try to turn others game into shit.

LEARN TO PLAY ITALIANS
Looks like Italian football all right!

le.phat said:
2 budokai's in the top ten ? what kind of shit is this :lol
DB is huge in Italy, France and Spain. Like focking huge.

test_account

XP-39C²
AniHawk said:
You know, I have always thought Italy was the most important part of the world when it came to nextgen sales.

I'm sure that i.e Konami find it relevant that next-gen PES sold over 175k in Italy alone ;)

Jokeropia

It's remarkable how much bigger the UK market is in comparison, considering that their populations are virtually equal.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
normal_vatican_screen001.jpg

eso76

Considering videogames are mostly stuff for casuals here i'm happy pes finally outsold fifa.
Too bad people took so long to realize.
So long, fifa actually got better than pes in the meantime.
Or so they told me, i have no idea.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Loudninja said:
AC sold pretty well on the PS3

89.600+376,843=466,443

Thats just US and Italy's numbers

Yeah now add Botswana into the mix and you're really on a roll.

I'm surprised at how well PS2 software is still doing. It's interesting because America is generally one of the slowest adopting countries, but apparantly when it comes to the PS2 it's still selling best in Europe.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Stumpokapow said:

Can we stop comparing European countries to third world countries, please :p

From charts we've seen from other countries, IIRC, AC did do well on PS3 vs 360. Across all territories there, the numbers would add up I'm sure.

Loudninja

Stumpokapow said:

I'm surprised at how well PS2 software is still doing. It's interesting because America is generally one of the slowest adopting countries, but apparantly when it comes to the PS2 it's still selling best in Europe.

Huh? I am just saying I did not expect it to sale 80k in Italy.

Dragon

Banned
AniHawk said:

Your thoughts on this matter affect the numbers not at all.

Soule

kallisto76 said:
TOP 10 2007
01 PES 2008 (PS2) [439.800]
02 More Brain Training (DS) [279.300]
03 Pokemon Diamante (DS) [203.000]
04 Brain Training (DS) [177.500]
05 FIFA 08 (PS2) [181.800]

06 DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (PS2) [170.700]
07 Pokemon Perla (DS) [154.100]
08 PES 6 (PS2) [134.800]
09 DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (PS2) [133.300]
10 PES 2008 (PS3) [121.500]
Are those numbers the wrong way around or are the titles the wrong way around?

Or is it all correct and I'm having a brain snap right now?

Also I've discovered a pattern! When I take out the DS games from the Top 10 There's only DBZ and Football games!! I'm quite the astute observer u see. I recommend a dev quickly works on some kind of crazy DBZ/Football crossover on a playstation brand console for maximum sales, gogogo

I'm serious, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

eso76

fun fact
Assassin's Creed was advertised as a PS3 game over here. (tv's mags etc).
Not a ps3 only game, but i've never seen a commercial for the X360 version.
I don't know about the rest of the world, though.

And you'd be amazed at number of the guys walking into vg shops claiming "PS3 is truly a BEAST !1!!1" after seeing Assassin's Creed.
Eh, well.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
gofreak said:
Can we stop comparing European countries to third world countries, please :p From charts we've seen from other countries, IIRC, AC did do well on PS3 vs 360. Across all territories there, the numbers would add up I'm sure.

I think you missed my comparison. It makes sense to analyze US numbers. It makes sense to analyze Italian numbers. It makes sense to analyze global numbers. It doesn't make sense to take US+Italy and say "Well, we don't have numbers for every country, so let's go off this". US+Italy does not form any sort of meaningful number when put together. It's this sort of napkin math and whiteboard statistical analysis that really drags down sales discussion on GAF.

It's not that Italy and Botswana are equivalent in size or purchases, it's that the information is equally useful in a vacuum. Until we have enough numbers to meaningfully discuss, for example, European sales or until we have a world shipment number with which to compare Italy, US+Italy sales is just a meaningless number for the same reason that "US+my local EB" is a meaningless number or "Italy+Virgin Records in London, England" is a meaningless number or "Italy+Botswana" is a meaningless number. You can't just combined multiple unlike and unrelated sources that comprise an unknown but low percentage of the whole data set and call it a useful number.

Loudninja

Stumpokapow said:
I think you missed my comparison. It makes sense to analyze US numbers. It makes sense to analyze Italian numbers. It makes sense to analyze global numbers. It doesn't make sense to take US+Italy and say "Well, we don't have numbers for every country, so let's go off this". US+Italy does not form any sort of meaningful number when put together. It's this sort of napkin math and whiteboard statistical analysis that really drags down sales discussion on GAF.

It's not that Italy and Botswana are equivalent in size or purchases, it's that the information is equally useful in a vacuum. Until we have enough numbers to meaningfully discuss, for example, European sales or until we have a world shipment number with which to compare Italy, US+Italy sales is just a meaningless number for the same reason that "US+my local EB" is a meaningless number or "Italy+Virgin Records in London, England" is a meaningless number or "Italy+Botswana" is a meaningless number. You can't just combined multiple unlike and unrelated sources that comprise an unknown but low percentage of the whole data set and call it a useful number.

Dude, what is wrong with you?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Stumpokapow said:
I think you missed my comparison. It makes sense to analyze US numbers. It makes sense to analyze Italian numbers. It makes sense to analyze global numbers. It doesn't make sense to take US+Italy and say "Well, we don't have numbers for every country, so let's go off this".

Well, I know, I think he was just saying that it's safe to say it's sold at least that much globally ;) Or perhaps he was saying it was an impressive or decent proportion of the US sales given the size of the Italian market.

Dragon

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
An actual background in math and statistics, I guess.

lol@this

I have a background in computer programming let me go start talking about why there were so many bugs in Assassin's Creed.

brunoa76

eso76 said:
fun fact

And you'd be amazed at number of the guys walking into vg shops claiming "PS3 is truly a BEAST !1!!1" after seeing Assassin's Creed.
Eh, well.

same here in France.

leehom

AniHawk said:
the only numbers that matter is the u.s. amirite?? :lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
TheBranca18 said:
lol@this

I have a background in computer programming let me go start talking about why there were so many bugs in Assassin's Creed.

If you had a background in computer programming and access to the source code of Assassin's Creed, you might well be able to detect and analyze bugs in the game. Just as someone with a background in math and access to numbers is able to perform rudimentary analysis as well as point out that the back-of-hand calculations of someone else is doing are not mathematically useful.

US+Italy is not a valid sample or even a subjectively useful one unless compared to a world whole shipment total or some other more holistic measure.

i'm just surprised at how bad wii is selling, considering that in italy there is a huge advertising campaign on TV with Giorgio Panariello:

panariello.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUDd2VQpOaY

the kidman's DS advertisment with brain training also occurs alot frequently.

Microsoft 360's advertising is absent, also sony has alot more advertising with casual ps2 games (singstar italy, buzz) than ps3 games.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
A shitty footballgame sells twice as much as Halo 3? Granted, I'm not a Halo-fan, but WHAT THE HELL ITALY?

leehom

neorej said:
A shitty footballgame sells twice as much as Halo 3? Granted, I'm not a Halo-fan, but WHAT THE HELL ITALY?
your ignorance pretty much sums up the majority of halo fans. not every country is nuts about fps games like us. believe it or not, soccer is crazy popular in europe/asia. people even break out in riots and attack each other during the games. that's how intense it is.

FIFA 08 crushed by PES 08 even though FIFA 08 was the better game this year... especially on the PS3. For shame.

On another note - Next gen am cry in Italy.

sakuragi

Banned
eso76 said:
fun fact

Eh, well.

WOW facts are fun. Let my try this:

Did you know that the PS3 is 9 month old in Europe while the Xbox 360 is 24 months old? So even with all the PS3 advertisements, its amazing that the PS3's version outsold the Xbox 360's version.

kallisto76 said:
Microsoft 360's advertising is absent

Blame the idiotic MS Italy management. I don't know id MS gives them a low budget so they can't do anything, or simply they've got dumb managers. But when I see PS3 advertised everywhere and nearly no ADs about Xbox 360, I thing MS simply doesn't want to win over here.

But yeah, seeing at how Wii is advertised and looking at software sales, maybe advertising against Sony here is simply a loss of moneys ;)

Belgorim

Those numbers seem pretty low across all platforms. Especially the new ones.

Well, they are bigger than Swedens numbers, but heck, we are only 9 million total.

Edit: Do those charts exclude PC gaming, or is that pretty much a non-issue in Italy?

jarrod

Banned
sakuragi said:
WOW facts are fun. Let my try this:

Did you know that the PS3 is 9 month old in Europe while the Xbox 360 is 24 months old? So even with all the PS3 advertisements, its amazing that the PS3's version outsold the Xbox 360's version.
Why's that amazing? Doesn't advertising usually, uh, help stuff sell? :p

I'd say the piracy claims are much more interesting. It'd probably help explain the comparably low PS2 and DS software figures and the basically non-existant 360 and PSP software sales.

Top Bottom