• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 high-res PC screenshots! (READ RULES)

kuYuri

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
If there's anybody still interested in AVP that missed the steam sale, Amazon has it for download for $5. And according to a review it's playable on steam.

Yes, it's a Steamworks game. Will register to your Steam account just fine. People also did this with Mafia II (was $12.50 on Amazon).

This is the case with all Steamworks games, no matter where you buy it, you can tie it to your Steam account.

DSN2K

There something bugging me about this game regarding AA at the moment, using in game settings and its set to 4xAA yet at 1080p its still jaggied a fare amount to me in motion! I presume its using Box AA.

DAOrigins-2010-12-29-16-06-50-33.jpg

markao

Got kicked ahead by a few other games, but finally found the time to finish all ME2 DLC. Some Kasume and Shadow broker, game play & cut scenes.

In game max and by the look of it, I forgot to put the AA in CC on :(

masseffect22010-12-141gb0b.png

masseffect22010-12-141kz52.png

Kayhan

Mirrors Edge looks good for what it is. Good use of prebaked lighting and corridors with lots of detail.

I look forward to the day that graphics like that is possible with full dynamic lighting and larger setting.

It's the use of colour I absolutely love. It looks so realistic, but also cartoonish at the same time.

But yeah, the fact it's such a linear game absolutely helps.

Kayhan

darkpaladinmfc said:
Someone needs to make the 2011 thread, I'll probably post some supersampled Dragon Age then.
Maybe brain_stew want the honors. The 2 screens per post rule should stay IMO.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Love Mirror's Edge. Great artistic direction. Can't wait for the sequel. Hopefully with a little bit more action along with the awesome parkour.

Peterthumpa

markao said:
Got kicked ahead by a few other games, but finally found the time to finish all ME2 DLC. Some Kasume and Shadow broker, game play & cut scenes.

In game max and by the look of it, I forgot to put the AA in CC on :(
I really loved ME2 when finished it in the beginning of last year, but haven't touched it since.
I don't remember a lot about the story as when I finished the game, so I'm thinking... will it be hard to understand the story for all the expansions? How many hours (total) will I get from buying all of them?

Blizzard

Banned
Congratulations. X3: TC was the only X game I picked up in the Christmas sale, and you just made it one of the first ones I'm installing out of all the games I bought. :p

Fitz

Heh, good decision, I did the same. Sunk quite a few hours into the game so far and haven't gotten very far yet but I can't stop playing, I'm constantly thinking that there can't be many new looking areas but I just keep going into areas that look completely amazing and different to anything I've seen yet.

markao

felipepl said:
I really loved ME2 when finished it in the beginning of last year, but haven't touched it since.
I don't remember a lot about the story as when I finished the game, so I'm thinking... will it be hard to understand the story for all the expansions? How many hours (total) will I get from buying all of them?
It took me some serious time, as in many sessions over multiple days, so for me definitely worth the money. But if you drop the question in the ME2 thread, someone probably can give you a more precise answer, in hours played that is ;)

Stallion Free said:
Oh you bet your ass I will.

Oh yeah, could we maybe replace the two shots rule with some sort of bandwidth rule? That we we could post more than two modest size images. For example - max size could be 5MB, max images could be 5?

I guess it could be harder to keep track of though.

Kayhan

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Oh yeah, could we maybe replace the two shots rule with some sort of bandwidth rule? That we we could post more than two modest size images. For example - max size could be 5MB, max images could be 5?

I guess it could be harder to keep track of though.
No thanks, that punishes people for posting high quality JPGs and PNGs and we will get bad screenshots with artifacts.

Besides, it is not like it is hard making several posts instead of one long one.

Top Bottom