• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
March Predictions:

- Piston players decide to not give a fuck like the rest of the bottom dwellers. Coach has the security guard give plays in the huddle and call substitutions.

- The Heat finish March 8-7. Wade still won't take a game tying/winning shot unless it's from a broken play.

- Rose will be the front-runner for MVP with everyone else as a distant second. Lebron calls a press conference to insist he's not jealous while reminding everyone that he is a two-time MVP and the youngest All-Star MVP.

- Delonte West, Jermaine O'neal, Kendtrick Perkins, Mike Miller, Andrew Bynum, and Baron Davis will be injured on April 1st.

The M.O.B

The Chosen One said:
The Heat finish March 8-7. Wade still won't take a game tying/winning shot unless it's from a broken play.

600107-oh_you_super.jpg

ryutaro's mama said:

heh.

Miami's next 5 games: Orlando, @SAS (b2b), Chi, Por, LAL. The 5 after Mem, SAS, OKC, @ Atl, @Denver (b2b). 10 straight playoff games. Denver looks like a scheduled loss, too.

Remember when ESPN had them up against the '96 Bulls? :lol

The M.O.B

Black Mamba said:
you still think they are going 8-2 over the next 10?

Yes

Out of the next ten, 8 of them are home games for us,
which thanks to our lazy fans and ridiculous ticket prices, it isn't really an advantage anymore for us

ORL - We ran them out of their own building last month. If we could learn to finish them and other teams off instead of letting them back into it, this would be a good game to do it.

@SA 2X - Only team we haven't played yet this season so can't say much, we split 1-1 or drop both. Losing Parker won't hurt them that much. Quinn might go off though in his return to Miami ;)

CHI - No, Bosh wont go 1-18 again, Yes he will flop all over the place. Miller should be able to provide some points off the bench this time. Once again, our biggest problem will be keeping them off the boards. If we get out rebounded as bad as last time then this is another loss for sure. If our bench gives us an ounce of production this time we should be a lot better.

POR - LMA will take Bosh's cookies again, and we will come out with a win again. This time they have Wallace and Roy unlike last time, expecting a real grind out win.

LAL - No way does Kobe let this be another blowout, and no way will the Laker Bigs shrink like last game, expecting this to be a loss, will be pleasantly surprised if we pull out a win. I also expect our crowd to be 50% laker fans :/.

MEM - I don't think we have played since that Rudy dagger back in November. Game depends on if Rudy is back by then or not. Besides Gasol and Z-BO, this team ain't that special.

OKC - Their biggest advantage (Perkins) probably won't be back yet, shouldn't be that much different from our last encounter, minus House's big balls.

@ATL - Last couple of years I hated playing them, this year I look forward to a win, Horford can't take advantage of our lack of size, Josh can't check Lebron. Not worried about JJ chucking ATL to death, plus their arena is even emptier than ours :D

DEN - Team actually isn't that bad without Melo, they still have a crazy good offense imo, no way do they blow us out again, we got this. The Back2Back might get us though

The rest of march is laughably easy, no way do we only get 8 wins in march, They can't all be trap games can they, 12-13 much more likely.

exarkun

Wait, what? Miami's ticket prices are still high as fuck even with all of the emptyness we see on TV?

wtf.

They should be in ratio with each other. You could have three of the best players in the league on your team and still not make money if people don't come to games. That NY game was baaaad. It was empty for most of the first half. By the end I saw more people in the bottom bowl, but I assumed it was just the people from the top coming down to the better seats.

I'm going to laugh when there are more magic fans at your game than heat fans. Which makes no sense since bandwagoners should be at games when the team has a winning record.

The fans have no heart just like the team. Damn.

If Miami goes 8-2, even at home, against that lineup I will finally be almost impressed.

But it ain't happening. 6-4 would be a success story.

I do believe someone else wants to Av bet you on it.

your own post seems like you basically agree

exarkun said:
Wait, what? Miami's ticket prices are still high as fuck even with all of the emptyness we see on TV?

wtf.

They should be in ratio with each other. You could have three of the best players in the league on your team and still not make money if people don't come to games. That NY game was baaaad. It was empty for most of the first half. By the end I saw more people in the bottom bowl, but I assumed it was just the people from the top coming down to the better seats.

I'm going to laugh when there are more magic fans at your game than heat fans. Which makes no sense since bandwagoners should be at games when the team has a winning record.

The fans have no heart just like the team. Damn.

It's actually kind of funny that they don't fill up their stadium when you think about it. A cosmic irony, if you will.

The M.O.B

Only 28 Sell outs this season for Heat.............pathetic.

The cheapest ticket you can get for Orl vs Miami is.................$89. Those are the seats where the players look like ants. I wonder why people are not showing up ;(

Add that to the lower bowl people who are a bunch of rich season ticket holders that don't show up until halftime if that even.

Feels bad not having home court advantage on our own court.

Black Mamba said:
If Miami goes 8-2, even at home, against that lineup I will finally be almost impressed.

But it ain't happening. 6-4 would be a success story.

I do believe someone else wants to Av bet you on it.

your own post seems like you basically agree

Only 6???? Give us a smidge of credit, 6 games would be downright shameful imo.

I can't risk an avatar bet, Wade wouldn't want that ;), 8 wins.

The M.O.B said:

What credit is earned?

Record vs .500 + team

Spurs: 24-9
Boston: 22-9
Mavs: 23-11
Lakers: 20-12
Chicago: 16-11
OKC: 17-18
Denver: 17-18
Miami: 14-15
Orlando: 13-18
Atlanta: 11-17

Yeah, not earned.

Miami has only 2 losses against teams below .500. Gee, I wonder where we read this script before? :coughclevelandcough

Pkaz01

Has Miami even beaten 8 playoff teams all season? You expect them to beat them in a matter of ten games? This is almost as bad as the ESPN prediction that the heat would beat the bulls record.

Sharp

Wizards fans are all freaking out over yesterday's game and saying we need to fire Flip... I say relax, that should've happened months ago anyway so no point worrying about it now.

Gabyskra

Banned
Just how good can a team like the Nuggets without a clear leader be? Their bench is amazing, the best I've ever seen, better than early 00s Blazers. JR Smith seems to love Felton.

benita

Banned
Heat 'fans' abandoned their team on the first ring night in team history.

They're pretty much the worst 'fans' in all of professional sports.

dschalter

benita said:

eagles fans. being a criminal is worse than being a bandwagoner.

Fatalah

Knicks traded with the wrong team last summer, we have no player left from the D. Lee sign & trade. How's he doing by the way?

SamuraiX-

The M.O.B said:
Yes

Out of the next ten, 8 of them are home games for us,
which thanks to our lazy fans and ridiculous ticket prices, it isn't really an advantage anymore for us

ORL - We ran them out of their own building last month. If we could learn to finish them and other teams off instead of letting them back into it, this would be a good game to do it.

@SA 2X - Only team we haven't played yet this season so can't say much, we split 1-1 or drop both. Losing Parker won't hurt them that much. Quinn might go off though in his return to Miami ;)

CHI - No, Bosh wont go 1-18 again, Yes he will flop all over the place. Miller should be able to provide some points off the bench this time. Once again, our biggest problem will be keeping them off the boards. If we get out rebounded as bad as last time then this is another loss for sure. If our bench gives us an ounce of production this time we should be a lot better.

POR - LMA will take Bosh's cookies again, and we will come out with a win again. This time they have Wallace and Roy unlike last time, expecting a real grind out win.

LAL - No way does Kobe let this be another blowout, and no way will the Laker Bigs shrink like last game, expecting this to be a loss, will be pleasantly surprised if we pull out a win. I also expect our crowd to be 50% laker fans :/.

MEM - I don't think we have played since that Rudy dagger back in November. Game depends on if Rudy is back by then or not. Besides Gasol and Z-BO, this team ain't that special.

OKC - Their biggest advantage (Perkins) probably won't be back yet, shouldn't be that much different from our last encounter, minus House's big balls.

@ATL - Last couple of years I hated playing them, this year I look forward to a win, Horford can't take advantage of our lack of size, Josh can't check Lebron. Not worried about JJ chucking ATL to death, plus their arena is even emptier than ours :D

DEN - Team actually isn't that bad without Melo, they still have a crazy good offense imo, no way do they blow us out again, we got this. The Back2Back might get us though

The rest of march is laughably easy, no way do we only get 8 wins in march, They can't all be trap games can they, 12-13 much more likely.

The M.O.B said:

2roqsur.gif

KingGondo

Banned
I would actually be surprised if Perk isn't back by the Miami game.

We should have a nice little winning streak going by that point, Mohammed will be fully acclimated to our defensive schemes...

South Beach already opened its legs... but they'd better open wider, because Perk is coming.

TylerD

Thanks to Viakado for the new hotness. Look at that mean motherfucker!

People in OKC are bitching that the trade is a failure... we have played maybe the two best inside teams in the league and haven't had any of our new guys play yet. Idiots!

Fatalah said:
Knicks traded with the wrong team last summer, we have no player left from the D. Lee sign & trade. How's he doing by the way?
Denver was already one of the the deeper offensive teams in the league, and they traded one great offensive player for 3 good ones. It's going to be hard for a lot of teams to match their energy, 3 point shooting, and athleticism. As Branduil said, the Mavs really want no part of them, it'd be 07 Warriors all over again.

Fatalah

Celsior said:

Ah, I thought Turiaf was signed as a FA, my mistake. I still don't like the trade though!

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Denver was already one of the the deeper offensive teams in the league, and they traded one great offensive player for 3 good ones.

I was referring to the Knicks-Warriors trade from last summer.

In terms of Denver -- their GM did a fantastic job and hauled in a ton of great young talent.

KingGondo

Banned
TylerD said:
Thanks to Viakado for the new hotness. Look at that mean motherfucker!

People in OKC are bitching that the trade is a failure... we have played maybe the two best inside teams in the league and haven't had any of our new guys play yet. Idiots!
Love the new avatar! Haha.

And you're right, reading Daily Thunder right now is enough to give me a headache. Anybody who thinks Green and Krstic would have helped us that much in either of those games (especially against Orlando) is delusional.

KingGondo said:
Love the new avatar! Haha.

And you're right, reading Daily Thunder right now is enough to give me a headache. Anybody who thinks Green and Krstic would have helped us that much in either of those games (especially against Orlando) is delusional.

Krstic held Big Al to 30-20 last night, he would've stopped Dwight.

benita said:

Hey atlanta has some pretty awful fanbases but even with a championship this decade the heat cant sell put games then that is pretty pathetic. All we Miamians care about is partying and the Dolphins

masud

Banned
I told yall about them Nuggets.

Meanwhile I have no idea what my other team is doing. We don't even give brewer a chance but Carter gets burn? And we were sleeping on all these waiver guys...

Save us Jarred Jesus.

Fatalah said:
Ah, I thought Turiaf was signed as a FA, my mistake. I still don't like the trade though!

I was referring to the Knicks-Warriors trade from last summer.

In terms of Denver -- their GM did a fantastic job and hauled in a ton of great young talent.
And I quoted the wrong post it seems.

KingGondo

Banned
Simply for my own entertainment, I hope the Jazz end up with a super-high pick and a lower lottery pick, so they'll have to risk losing out on Jimmer if they don't pick him with a top 5 pick. If they don't snag him early, they run the risk of getting Knick'd like with Jennings and Curry.

He'd be a great fit in Utah though, both from a marketing and from an on-court standpoint.

SamuraiX-

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Krstic held Big Al to 30-20 last night, he would've stopped Dwight.

Al Jefferson went 5-11 FG for 12 points and 9 rebounds whenever Krstic was on the floor last night.

Most of the guy's production came when Doc Rivers decided to put Glen Davis on him.

KingGondo

Banned
Holy shit.

The Oklahoman said:
The Oklahoma City Thunder has agreed to terms on a contract extension for Kendrick Perkins, the 6-foot-10 center acquired via trade with Boston last Thursday, The Oklahoman has learned.

Terms of the deal were not immediately known, but Perkins is eligible for a four-year extension. Perkins earlier this season had turned down a four-year offer worth approximately $22 million from the Celtics.

With the two sides agreeing to a deal now, the risk of Perkins leaving the Thunder as an unrestricted free agent this summer has been removed.

Perkins said in his introductory press conference Saturday that he wanted to be in Oklahoma City for “the long haul.”

“I hope I can be here,” Perkins said. “I (want to) be here. I couldn’t find a better situation for myself. I really want to be here. It’s just a great organization.”

http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumblings/2011/03/01/kendrick-perkins-inks-extension/

Jimmer's not an NBA player. The only teams he could possibly succeed on are the Heat and Lakers.

edit: Signing Perkins makes it likely impossible for the Thunder to sign Deron or Dwight, but there wasn't much chance of them going to Oklahoma City anyway.

Sharp said:
Wizards fans are all freaking out over yesterday's game and saying we need to fire Flip... I say relax, that should've happened months ago anyway so no point worrying about it now.

I don't believe in Interim coaching unless a team is completely under-performing in regards to their overall talent level.

But the Wiz are probably where they should be given the roster.

I'm expecting for Ted to just evaluate and then bring the hotness once the CBA situation is fixed. Draft picks, blatchless, new coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom