• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

KingGondo said:
My guess is that the deal's worth 4 years/$32 million.

Well worth it if he stays healthy.

11641978.jpg

KingGondo

Banned
demhajq said:
It's too late for him. He's already acquiring the bad habits of Shamebrook.
Shamebrook? I'll put that one in my file of Lame Thunder Insults along with:

Blunder
Plunder
Chunder
FThunder
Durantics
Westfraud
Frauden
Larden

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just read that the Thunder extended Perk's contract. Nice. That team is set up for success for the long haul.

Sharp

Dark FaZe said:
I don't believe in Interim coaching unless a team is completely under-performing in regards to their overall talent level.

But the Wiz are probably where they should be given the roster.

I'm expecting for Ted to just evaluate and then bring the hotness once the CBA situation is fixed. Draft picks, blatchless, new coach.
I agree with you. Wiz don't really deserve a decent coach at this juncture, and as much as I rag on him about it Flip is at least open to experimenting with changing up the starters, which is nice because our bench and starters are eerily similar in talent level. Moving around the staff at this point is just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

KingGondo

Banned
God dammit I love Sam Presti.

Chris Mannix said:
Presti can now extend Westbrook/Ibaka/Harden under new rules that will be more favorable to teams. Building a juggernaut in OKC.
:D

I wonder if Rodeo would be willing to do one of those Kahn-style flowcharts for Presti, he's made so many good moves in the last 4 years.

Oh, yeah, March Madness coming up. Time to get some scouting in with some basketball. Wait, Perry Jones probably won't even get his team to the tournament and three of the other top 5 prospects don't play college basketball so the only decent prospect is Derrick Williams. College basketball is having a bad year for talent....

Maybe Jimmer could succeed in Utah if he was running off screens at point and Hayward ran the offense while Jimmer was in. Not many PGs know how to defend players running off of screens as Deron showed the last two years. He'd have to learn how to do it though and that would take a couple years. He definitely wouldn't sniff the court in his two years, but maybe he could be a good sixth man by year three (Selling myself on him as a preemptive strike against the Jazz organization :()

Wizman23

Banned
K.Jack said:
He's been balling his ass off, too. Sucks for him.

He is a black hole on offense and plays ZERO defense. Its a shame we couldn't unload him at the deadline. I for one will be happy that the "jumpshoota" will not be on the floor the rest of the year. Hopefully he gets moved this Summer. An aging Vet that doesn't pass and just jacks up shots and plays no D is the last thing a rebuilding team needs.

exarkun

College basketball is so booooring.

This season has kind sucked, the teams are pretty even and none of the "good" teams have had amazing nights. So its been relegated to stretches of unsightly offense matched with "good" defense that is helped by the unforced errors of the other team.

I want Jimmer on his ass!

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Oh, yeah, March Madness coming up. Time to get some scouting in with some basketball. Wait, Perry Jones probably won't even get his team to the tournament and three of the other top 5 prospects don't play college basketball so the only decent prospect is Derrick Williams. College basketball is having a bad year for talent....

Sullinger.

commish

Wizman23 said:
He is a black hole on offense and plays ZERO defense. Its a shame we couldn't unload him at the deadline. I for one will be happy that the "jumpshoota" will not be on the floor the rest of the year. Hopefully he gets moved this Summer. An aging Vet that doesn't pass and just jacks up shots and plays no D is the last thing a rebuilding team needs.

Yeah, Cavs have so much offensive talent, can't believe he wasn't setting up those sweet teammates he has.

NewLib

Banned
KingGondo said:
College basketball needs a 24-second shot clock.

No it really doesnt. College Basketball is sloppy as it is. 24 second clock wouldnt make it more like the NBA, it would just make double the turnovers.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Wizman23 said:
And we'd be where, without his 20+ ppg?

Perkins got 4/35 with incentives that can earn him even more money. Risky move considering that Perkins is still going through a two year injury and that there's a new CBA coming up, but probably a good move.

Fatalah

Knicks-Claim-Derrick-Brown.bmp

KnicksTweets said:
Forget about another bigman (in addition to Jared Jeffries). The Knicks essentially traded for Corey Brewer for another SMALL FORWARD drafted in the 2nd round 2009 draft.

Interesting, Donnie's whipping something up.

Ha I didn't make the Laker fan-club but I don't think Reilo could fit another name on there anyways.
I got lawn flags Reilo!

KingGondo

Banned
I'm pretty happy with Perk's deal, even with the risk of injury. We also increased his salary this year by a couple million to make the numbers work.

NewLib said:
No it really doesnt. College Basketball is sloppy as it is. 24 second clock wouldnt make it more like the NBA, it would just make double the turnovers.
I'll admit to not watching much college ball any more, but plays take so agonizingly long to develop. Screens and picks galore, usually followed by a contested 3 or a runner in the lane.

KingGondo said:
I'm pretty happy with Perk's deal, even with the risk of injury. We also increased his salary this year by a couple million to make the numbers work.

I'll admit to not watching much college ball any more, but plays take so agonizingly long to develop. Screens and picks galore, usually followed by a contested 3 or a runner in the lane.

dont forget judicious use of the zone, full court trap, and passing around the perimeter.

KingGondo

Banned
kevo_huevo said:
dont forget judicious use of the zone, full court trap, and passing around the perimeter.
And don't get me wrong, I still love March Madness... but the Final Four is insanely overrated. By far the best part of the college basketball season is the first two rounds of the tournament.

It'll be bullshit if they try to remedy this by forcing kids to stay in school for 2-3 years in the next CBA.

commish

KingGondo said:
And don't get me wrong, I still love March Madness... but the Final Four is insanely overrated. By far the best part of the college basketball season is the first two rounds of the tournament.

It'll be bullshit if they try to remedy this by forcing kids to stay in school for 2-3 years in the next CBA.

Yeah, once they hit the sweet 16, unless I'm still in the hunt with my pools, I kinda stop caring.

KingGondo said:

I get what you're saying. I enjoy try to enjoy NCAAM BBALL in small doses during the season (big rivalry games or if a San Diego school is doing well). There's too much hype surrounding the final four. I like watching the early rounds too, but mostly because of my love for Gus Johnson's antics. He needs to be the commentator for the championship game.

SamuraiX-

SpearsNBAYahoo
Free agent forward-center Troy Murphy has agreed to sign with the Heat, sources tell Y! Sports. Murphy also turned down Celtics.
STEIN_LINE_HQ
Just filed to ESPN.com: Troy Murphy chooses Boston over Miami. Link on the way
STEIN_LINE_HQ
Troy Murphy HIMSELF confirms to ESPN.com that he is going to Boston. B-O-S-T-O-N

lololololololololol

I would think Spears is more reliable than Stein, no?

Can't wait to see who's made the fool here. I hope it's Stein. Just because he's so smug about his sources.

commish

Suns are 8-2 in their last 10, despite Vince being 100% pathetic. Oh god, we are going to make the playoffs. Terrible.

KingGondo

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
lololololololololol
The answer to the question "Who will Troy Murphy sign with?" is the same as the answer to the question "Who will win the NBA Title?"

The suspense is killing me.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Bibby brings nothing to the Heat. The last thing they need is another aging guard, who plays no D and has to sit and watch LBJ dominate the ball.

Gabyskra

Banned
It somehow feels like Ibaka and Perkins can't really play together though. Not enough offense. BTW, when will James Harden finally get the starting SG spot? He defends star SGs better than Sefolosha...

xnipx

eliminating zone defense would do much more to improve the enjoyment of college bball than shortening the shot clock.

and forcing kids to stay longer means nothing if they are being taught broken schemes and habits that dont help prepare them for the next level at all

Jeff-DSA

SamuraiX- said:

He was a total baby. I remember him saying that he could have died from this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUy8zA23yRU

Yeah, he got hit hard, but he was nowhere near in danger of dying. Such a pansy. I was at that game and it was pretty crazy when it all happened. It was retarded that they deemed it worthy of suspension later. It was pretty much the beginning of the pussy league. You can tell that Karl tried to turn away at the end. The only reason he got ejected and suspended was because it was Thomas.

Though the Jazz have always been on the short end of the stick for that stuff. Hornacek getting tossed for this was one of the most ridiculous things ever. After that game I could never look at Stackhouse without wanting to spit in his face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RTOtbfnMbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom