• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-2016 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| 2 can play the 1-and-done game

Derryck Thornton is headed to USC

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...er-duke-freshman-derryck-thornton-commits-usc

Duke freshman point guard Derryck Thornton Jr. is transferring to USC, his father announced on Friday to Scout.com.

"I have loved my time at Duke, but I want to pursue the opportunity to play college basketball closer to home," Thornton said in a statement released by Duke on April 10, when he decided to leave the school. "I want to thank my teammates and coaches for their support this year. The relationships I have with them will always be special to me."

Thornton also had considered Kansas, Washington and Miami, but his bond with the Trojans' coaching staff made the difference.

"He really got along with [associate head coach] Tony Bland, [head coach Andy] Enfield and the whole staff," Thornton's father, Derryck Thornton Sr., told Scout.com. "He liked all four staffs, but it was really the trust level at USC with Bland and the staff and the comfort of being home."

The USC roster suffered a massive exodus in the offseason. Starters Julian Jacobs and Nikola Jovanovic left for the NBA draft, Katin Reinhardt -- who started about half of USC's games -- transferred to Marquette, and three reserve players -- Darion Clark, Malik Martin and Malik Marquetti -- also asked for a transfer.

A one-off Nike Invitational Tournament has been scheduled for 2017 in honor of Phil Knight's 80th birthday

The teams:

Arkansas
Butler
Connecticut
Duke
Florida
Georgetown
Gonzaga
Michigan State
North Carolina
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Oregon
Portland
Portland State
Stanford
Texas

Here's your shot to see Duke and Carolina play three times in one regular season!

A one-off Nike Invitational Tournament has been scheduled for 2017 in honor of Phil Knight's 80th birthday

The teams:

Arkansas
Butler
Connecticut
Duke
Florida
Georgetown
Gonzaga
Michigan State
North Carolina
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Oregon
Portland
Portland State
Stanford
Texas

Here's your shot to see Duke and Carolina play three times in one regular season!

Calipari to NBA, confirmed. Sorry, fjordson.

Fjordson

Yeah, I saw that. So weird. Calipari said it was a scheduling conflict or something? I dunno.

Anyway, pretty excited about this season, just realized the other day how close it is. Though I'm fairly convinced that UK's absolute ceiling this year is being like the 10-11th best team. And that's if everything goes right. The recruiting class seems a bit overhyped (not overall, but UK's guys specifically) and yet again we couldn't get a true small forward on the wing. Like we may be starting three guards with Briscoe at the 3? Three guards who are under 6-4 and who aren't great 3 point shooters. Just seems like a bad fit.

Think Duke will roll this year. Tatum and Giles are dope.

Kevtones

The teams:

Arkansas
Butler
Connecticut
Duke
Florida
Georgetown
Gonzaga
Michigan State
North Carolina
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Oregon
Portland
Portland State
Stanford
Texas

This is an insane lineup. So stoked for this.

Wish it were this year. If Brooks comes back healthy Oregon is a F4 contender easily.

enjoy your nightmares:

CtilS6uWAAAfNvD.jpg

Proelite

Team scrimmages are starting soon.

Do we have a Nova fan on Gaf to start the new OT? Seems like it has become the de facto tradition to have the last year winners make the new thread.

Kevtones

Oregon just got Kigab - its 2nd 4* for 2017.

Altman was one hell of a hire. Despite that huge scandal this program didn't stop motoring. Pretty incredible stuff.

Top Bottom