• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-2016 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| 2 can play the 1-and-done game

Sean Obi only getting garbage time minutes against Siena.

:scust: I know bro didn't transfer to Duke just to look fresh cheerleading on the sidelines for a year.

Bowser

The Wolpfack down 60-39 in the 2nd half to William & Mary...AT HOME
KuGsj.gif

I see Gott is putting that $2.5m per year extension to good use

That was horrible basketball by Texas. They lost the game and deservedly so. Whats even worse is Washington played bad as well, but they played just a tad less bad than Texas. Hopefully Shaka turns it around but this team has a loooong way to go. Too much talent to suck as bad as we did playing against a starting lineup of 4 freshmen.

ryseing

I came to this thread to laugh at Wisconsin. I was then informed we lost to fucking William and Mary by 17 in Raleigh.

Fuck everything.

FUCK EVERYTHING

Never put any trust in a Gottfried team. He will only let you down.

Between this and the abject mediocrity that is NC State football I'm about on the athletic department needs an overhaul bandwagon.

So 28 for Allen tonight, 21 for Ingram, 19 for Matt Jones.

There's no Okafor on this team, there's no Tyus Jones, but they'll be alright. Thornton will have to develop in order for them to be a real contender, though.

Fjordson

Surprised to see you say that, Grover. UK doesn't look too sharp to me so far. Not a lot of dependable offense outside of Skal and Murray (though Murray drops a bit if he isn't hitting on his jumper) and our bigs are getting pushed around a bit inside and on the boards.

I think this'll be like the Brandon Knight / Terrence Jones final four team. Up and down during the season, but more than capable of making a run come tourney time.

Proelite

This UNC team might be the worst number 1 ranked team in like ever but that shouldn't be surprising to anybody.

Down year with a down class of recruits.

NewLib

Banned
Surprised to see you say that, Grover. UK doesn't look too sharp to me so far. Not a lot of dependable offense outside of Skal and Murray (though Murray drops a bit if he isn't hitting on his jumper) and our bigs are getting pushed around a bit inside and on the boards.

I think this'll be like the Brandon Knight / Terrence Jones final four team. Up and down during the season, but more than capable of making a run come tourney time.

I dont understand how you say that Kentucky has gotten pushed around on the boards when one of the two games they have played so far, Kentucky had the best rebounding game ever under Calipari.

Honestly, this team is going to be a better offensive team than last year but a worst defensive team. Kentucky didn't have a single player on the team last year that score like Skal or Murray. Honestly, Kentucky is a better scoring team at every position than it was last year. It might be worst at defense at 4 out of 5 positions (I think Briscoe is a better defender than Aaron Harrison).

Surprisingly, Derek Willis is going to mean a lot about whether this is a top 3 team or a top 15 team. They have to have a big guy who can spread the defense a little bit and Willis is really the only forward who can reliably hit a jump shot.

Fjordson

I dont understand how you say that Kentucky has gotten pushed around on the boards when one of the two games they have played so far, Kentucky had the best rebounding game ever under Calipari.

Honestly, this team is going to be a better offensive team than last year but a worst defensive team. Kentucky didn't have a single player on the team last year that score like Skal or Murray. Honestly, Kentucky is a better scoring team at every position than it was last year. It might be worst at defense at 4 out of 5 positions (I think Briscoe is a better defender than Aaron Harrison).

Surprisingly, Derek Willis is going to mean a lot about whether this is a top 3 team or a top 15 team. They have to have a big guy who can spread the defense a little bit and Willis is really the only forward who can reliably hit a jump shot.
Just some pretty bad offensive rebounds that our big men in the past might not have given up. We don't have a ton of bulk on this team.

Certainly we won overall on the boards both games, but you have to consider the competition. If we hadn't done that then I'd be really worried.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
2-0 with a P5 win against Tenn. Plus the game plan is different this year. Maybe Brian Gregory is legit after all. Thank you based Tom Izzo!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Led by former Tar Heel King Rice!

Hahah Yea thats my Boy... He has come a long way. He does a lot with my father, since he used to coach at the school years before King got there. He brought in a great group of guys this year. They could have and should have beat USC tonight...

Silkworm

Gators had a nice bounce back game offensively tonight against NC A&T, winning 104-54. They struggled a bit in their prior game on the road against Navy's match-up zone but playing at home against an inferior opponent always helps ;-) Now they go back on the road and face St. Joseph's, a much higher caliber opponent. If they win that game they'll likely play Purdue. We'll see how they manage this road trip. If they actually go 2-0, that will help provide some nice and needed early season momentum. Anyway, it was nice for one night to see the Gators break a hundred (haven't done that since 2010 which was also against NC A&T) :)

Fjordson

Nice commitment for UK this morning from Bam Adebayo. Always heard he was a lock for NC State until yesterday, so that was a pleasant surprise. Shaping up to be a great class if we can add one or two more.

Top Bottom