• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

Xyber

HudSettings in the command console.

Thanks.

Just tried a HighResShot 3 while running at 4K. It resulted in a 218MB BMP with a 11520x6480 resolution. Took like 45 seconds for the game to grab it. :p

For some reason IrfanView can't show these screens though (just get a black image), but they show up just fine in the Windows image previewer. Works fine in Paint.net as well. Strange.

16544755498_2bb597bf7c_o.jpg

16110013194_7ae1a0b2f2_o.jpg

What commands are you using for grabbing the shots? Only one I could find that worked good was a debug camera, but after that is activated it isn't possible to exit again and console won't work anymore (for me, since I can only open it via the chat on T). I want free cam and no hud. I know "fly" works but weapon and hud is still visible with that. I just want to be able to grab shots using the HighResShot command and not be limited to 4K. :(

You didn't want to ask me when I posted shots? OK, fine!

Console with ~ key

"showhud" will hide\show the hud
"toggledebugcamera" will... toggle the debug camera. press backspace to hide the debug text
"pause" to pause the game. you can still use the debug camera
"fov XX" to change the fov
"r.SceneColorFringe.Max 0" to disable chromatic aberration
"behindview" to see your 3rd person character model. you can then include your character in shots, like such:

You can also bind keys to these commands. For example:

bind F5 "pause"

But you have to do that again for the debugcamera as that has its own set of binds.

I didn't use the highresshot command, I just downsampled the game from my custom resolutions. But using the command is probably easier.

Xyber

You didn't want to ask me when I posted shots? OK, fine!

Console with ~ key

"showhud" will hide\show the hud
"toggledebugcamera" will... toggle the debug camera. press backspace to hide the debug text
"pause" to pause the game. you can still use the debug camera
"fov XX" to change the fov
"r.SceneColorFringe.Max 0" to disable chromatic aberration
"behindview" to see your 3rd person character model. you can then include your character in shots, like such:

You can also bind keys to these commands. For example:

bind F5 "pause"

But you have to do that again for the debugcamera as that has its own set of binds.

I didn't use the highresshot command, I just downsampled the game from my custom resolutions. But using the command is probably easier.

Heh, just quoted the first person I found for those questions. :p

Problem is that normal console key does not work for me (normally or bound to another key) because of my Swedish keyboard, so debug camera can't really be used since I can't open the console while that is active. So tweaking the hud and just flying around at the ready screen worked just fine as long as I didn't want any action shots or something.

It's really annoying that it's completely random if the normal key for console works in UE games for me. Ö is my normal key when tilde is standard on an English keyboard.

Borderlands is one of the only UE3 games with depth buffer access in ReShade. Tis fun to abuse the magic DoF shader.

16111929584_863c75d7c8_o.jpg

And here's a shot of DmC that I shat all over with ReShade. No Depth buffer though :(

16114160283_945062b776_o.jpg

I gotta get out of the UE3 games now...

PavlovsFrogs

Neo Member
Sure no problem at all.

If you haven't done so already you'll need to download reshade 2.0 and SweetFx from here.

http://reshade.me/

Latest Mastereffect Reborn from here.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l8u1sdecn2473di/MasterEffect+1.0.315+Public.7z

In the reshade file turn on swfxtechnicolor and flimicpass

swfxtechnicolor

#define TechniAmount 0.3
#define TechniPower 5.0
#define redNegativeAmount 0.88
#define greenNegativeAmount 0.88
#define blueNegativeAmount 0.88

Filmicpass

#define Strenght 0.725
#define BaseGamma 1.6
#define Fade 0.2
#define Contrast 1.2
#define FSaturation -0.15
#define FBleach 0.005
#define FRedCurve 6.0
#define FGreenCurve 6.0
#define FBlueCurve 6.0
#define BaseCurve 1.5
#define EffectGammaR 1.0
#define EffectGammaG 1.0
#define EffectGammaB 1.0
#define EffectGamma 0.75
#define Linearization 1.3

In the original Far Cry 3 config file I've turned Postfxquality to "false" and saved as read only.

I'm also using Ziggy's mod and Immersive sounds from here.

http://www.nexusmods.com/farcry3/?

Hope this helps.

I know this is probably a noob question but why does ReShade get all blurry in Half the games I try? I go in, install correctly and have been fiddling about with values and cant find out the issue.

Been doing 'embedded photography' in Kyrat. It's surprisingly organic and emotive results for largely ambient npcs. Also the reshade really helps.

16524003707_f3fa6f3179_o.png

16730212922_b5e86db1d9_o.png

Are you sharpening the game at all? Because that water looks like it's suffering some some oversharpening. Something definitely seems off.

TheTurboFD

Are you sharpening the game at all? Because that water looks like it's suffering some some oversharpening. Something definitely seems off.

I just noticed this as well. My photos don't look this sharp until I upload to Flickr. I tried testing it with the latest 2 photos I just posted ^ and they're way sharper than what I have. Does Flickr apply anything to the photos?

I just noticed this as well. My photos don't look this sharp until I upload to Flickr. I tried testing it with the latest 2 photos I just posted ^ and they're way sharper than what I have. Does Flickr apply anything to the photos?

Flickr doesn't touch your original resolution image. It only applies sharpening to its downsamples.

Nick Pal

2x Bioshock Infinite (4k downsampled, ReShade+SweetFX 2.0, Freecam)

bioshockinfinite2015-quu1s.jpg

wow..that is superb.

I know this is probably a noob question but why does ReShade get all blurry in Half the games I try? I go in, install correctly and have been fiddling about with values and cant find out the issue.

Hmm..I can't really say to be honest. I've only tested it in a few games but I've had no problems with blurriness in-game, The only blurriness I encounter is in screenshots when I use print-screen to capture them. You sure you don't have depth of field enabled anywhere..?

Far Cry 3 mastereffect/reshade

farcry3_410vsbf.jpg

farcry3_42josn3.jpg

dr_rus

dragonageinquisition_2lu4o.jpg

dragonageinquisition_7quoa.jpg

One of the worst default camera settings from the last several years. I've tried patching it up by increasing FoV but that lead to some gameplay issues so I gave up eventually. Still think that the game looks bad for the engine it is running on.

Unfortunately, the free camera cheat engine table was buggy for me :(

First I've heard that. What's wrong with it?

One of the worst default camera settings from the last several years. I've tried patching it up by increasing FoV but that lead to some gameplay issues so I gave up eventually. Still think that the game looks bad for the engine it is running on.

I disagree. Looks about as good as I expected. Frostbite is overrated. Shame we'll have to put up with it for Mass Effect 4 :(

the enb is onix (i think, that's what the enbsettings.ini says.. i'm really bad at keeping track of these) heavily tweaked
yep, that armor is off dragbody's vgu pack- it's RE6 - piers armor with a different colored top

Is it from a members-only pack? Kinda shitty that you have to earn access to the mods.

Seyavesh

Is it from a members-only pack? Kinda shitty that you have to earn access to the mods.

yep, it is. i dunno why it's like that, probably something related to mod theft or legal stuff. shrug

in other news: i discovered i have been tweaking the wrong ini for like 4 years holy shit and am now promptly melting my computer with computerized grass
i7pb.jpg

j7pb.jpg

Top Bottom