• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015: The Year of Xbox (All Exclusive Games)

I'm just worried why the sudden lack of anything Quantum Break related. When they said they had nothing new for the game awards that just occurred, I couldn't help but think they could have at least teased a little bit more of this game.

It will be interesting to see how the tv series integration works if that is still happening. Personally I hope that was just a remnant of the "TV!" era Xbox and not the current progression they have made.

The PS4 has way more going for it in 2015 than the X1, this list of exclusives is looking a little paltry.

This is not a bad list at all...considering PS4 was kind of paltry since launch with games. Regardless, it will be a great gaming year.

It will be interesting to see how the tv series integration works if that is still happening. Personally I hope that was just a remnant of the "TV!" era Xbox and not the current progression they have made.

The best possible outcome would be for there to be no show. The last thing I want is a poorly funded, poorly written, poorly acted tv show somehow connected to the game experience. (Unless it's Night Springs and it's intentionally campy. But this all seems super serious.)

Also, not a very impressive list. I've got the box, but honestly, I wonder how much I'll be playing it.

I'm so hyped for QB, Remedy has yet to let me down
cuokguN.gif

Man, that gif is triggering flashbacks of the poltergeist bridge levels in Alan Wake.

I'm just worried why the sudden lack of anything Quantum Break related. When they said they had nothing new for the game awards that just occurred, I couldn't help but think they could have at least teased a little bit more of this game.

Phil said they were letting Remedy get on with development or something and we'll see it in 2015. They released that extended video from Gamescom in November

MS will ramp up their PR cycles for announced games before E3, several avenues really: IGN First, Game Informer cover being the two main ones, MS seem to like IGN First so if I was a betting man i'd go with that. Not to mention general preview events etc or maybe an X0 event (the ones they do these days, not the older ones which are to just play some of the years line-up)

MisterR

Not a lot for me personally and I would say not as strong as this year, mainly because I found Sunset Overdrive so great. Used my Xbox One a lot this year. Looking like next year is the year of PS4 for me.

MisterR

How can you or anyone not be hyped for QB? Have you seen it? If not watch the footage. Amazing.

Remedy is in the same ballpark as naughty dog. God tier developers.

As much as I really wanted to, as a huge Twin Peaks fan, I really didn't find Alan Wake to be a very good game.

BigDug13

This is not a bad list at all...considering PS4 was kind of paltry since launch with games. Regardless, it will be a great gaming year.

PS4 has literally more games available for it right now than XBO. I don't really understand why the narrative is "XBO has more games" when it's factually incorrect. Do they have a few more exclusive first party or bought third party games? Yes. Do they have "more" games that makes the PS4's steady stream of releases seem "paltry"? No.

Anyway, that's a decent list for XBO of some good games in 2015. Too bad Crackdown probably won't make 2015. Really interested in that one.

Kssio_Aug

Will get for sure:
-Quantum Break
-Rise of Tomb Raider
-Below
-Forza Motorsport 6*
-Gears of War Collection*
*They were not yet announced, but I have a strong feeling will come in 2015.

Gonna keep an eye, but very interested:
-Halo 5 : Guardians (it will depend on MCC's fixes; otherwise would be in the "for sure" list)
-Ori & the Blind Forest

Slightly interested:
-Fable Legends

I dont believe will appear in 2015 (But I'm strongly interested in all of these):
-Scalebound
-Crackdown
-Phantom Dust

If the Gears and FM6 appears in 2015 I would say its a strong year aswell. Specially since it seems MS will announce some interesting new titles, like the one with Rare.

Edit:
Now... MS definitely should take down that parity clause. If they had No Man's Sky would be a good and strong addition for them already.

labaronx

-Scalebound
-Crackdown
-Phantom Dust

I have a feeling one of these will get pushed up to 2015.

Why if the game isnt ready by summer why bother.

Microsoft has forza 6 for September. Tomb raider or quantum break for October and likely halo for november. No reason to rush a game if they cant get it out prior to September in my opinion

Leyasu

Banned
One fucking whiff of p2p on halo 5 and 343 will not see a penny from me.

Also, has a gears collection even been hinted at?

Apart from that, I'll be getting a few of those games next year.

RoKKeR

One fucking whiff of p2p on halo 5 and 343 will not see a penny from me.

Also, has a gears collection even been hinted at?

Apart from that, I'll be getting a few of those games next year.

I believe shinobi possibly hinted at something along those lines but I honestly can't remember the details. Maybe somebody else does.

VinFTW

That was me. =)

Ah, yes it was you! Kudos :D

Hmm, I'll google it right now.

Regardless, I'm excited, a remake could essentially be a reboot since its supposedly so good yet so underplayed. It'd be a new experience and hopefully the start of a new franchise for me.

Edit: Reboot, reboot/remake, remake, re-imagining, hmmm it's all over the place.

Regardless I think even a remake is like a reboot since it was so under-played.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is the first Xbox One title I plan on getting after I pick up the hardware. TR:DE was fantastic. Quantum Break looks great, as does Scalebound, though I question whether or not the latter makes 2015.

Leyasu

Banned
I believe shinobi possibly hinted at something along those lines but I honestly can't remember the details. Maybe somebody else does.

P2p halo 5 or a gears collection?? Please say gears collection... Lol

I can't take any more p2p.

pr0cs

Seems a bit dull, though Forza 6 and a Gears collection would make up for it.
Still not sold on Quantum Break (that gif does look cool though).
Halo has long since wore out it's welcome with me unfortunately.

I really hope they show something about Crackdown at E3, the original was one of my favorite 360 games last gen.

Thanks OP, great thread.!

Warablo

Now all I really want from Microsoft is to lighten up on the indies and policies so hopefully I can maybe play my favorite ones on the Xb1..

Bgamer90

Banned
Now all I really want from Microsoft is to lighten up on the indies and policies so hopefully I can maybe play my favorite ones on the Xb1..

I'm really thinking the future Windows 10 update may help the Xbox One in terms of getting more indie games.

Ori, Below, Cuphead, Quantum Break and Scalebound may finally tempt me to jump in.

The list looks ok if everything ships but it wont. We haven't seen a single second of gameplay for scale bound so I'll be pleasantly surprised if it makes 2015.

Famassu

I hope Scalebound comes out this year.
Kamiya finished Wonderful 101 less than 1,5 years ago and usually takes about 3,5-4 years between releases (wonderful 101 in summer 2013, Bayonetta in Fall 2009, Okami in Spring 2006, Viewtiful Joe in Summer 2003). Good luck getting Scalebound before late 2016/2017...

PS4... paltry.... what? You realize even now it has way more games than the X1, right? If the PS4 has been paltry so far then the X1 mist have been absolutely barren according to that logic

Bgamer90

Banned
Care to elaborate? I think if indies wanted to make games for Xbox one it most likely isn't based on specs or OS.

I'm thinking smaller games (or apps) made with Windows 10 in mind may be able to work on everything that has Windows 10 in the future (including the Xbox One). Just seem to really be pushing "unification".

Wait, was Quantum Break confirmed 2015? I thought they didn't say for certain when it'll get released. I assumed based on Remedy's previous games that it's gonna get delayed.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Ordered by hype:

Halo 5
Quantum Break
Scalebound
Tomb Raider
Below
Inside

These are day 1 for me no questions asked.

Top Bottom