• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Lian

BzkYtQxl.jpg
c2oaifr6.jpg

28647166470_f81035cf94_o.jpg

Randomly generated stuff

28330499033_cb278106e4_o.jpg

28914652696_2b4ed5a773_o.jpg

Only hacked the FOV so far. I believe the Dunc has found the awful vignette which needs to be killed with fire, so I'm waiting for that (hopefully) to take any more shots. The game would look much better without it.

OtisInf

Those NMS textures are quite hideous, to be honest. It's quite weird though, the easiest part of procedural generated content are the textures, you can make them as detailed as you want. I mean, if demosceners can do this with just 64KB (!) of code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZdlSWLqumw or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyKtZT4GPus, generating everything, you'd expect from a professional game studio to at least generate textures which look a bit sharp on PC.

And that vignette looks indeed like a lame 'let's make it look like a CRT' shader no-one ever enables. :X

If you have a local network (and with a home router that's easy to do), and a spare old laptop, you can share your game folder over the network and edit the reshade .cfg files on your laptop, so you can tweak reshade values without alt-tabbing :)

Interesting, clever idea I hadn't even think about something like this... would the game update automatically when saving the cfg though? I'm too far into the game to try this but I'll have to remember this, thanks!

28924936616_fef11d2650_o.jpg

28671276130_bc3ccfff2e_o.jpg

OtisInf

Interesting, clever idea I hadn't even think about something like this... would the game update automatically when saving the cfg though? I'm too far into the game to try this but I'll have to remember this, thanks!
Yep, reshade detects a changed .cfg file and re-initializes. :)

(edit) too late.

You could also try the reshade 3.0 alpha. the github repo has updated shaders for 3.0. In 3.0 you can edit effects in-game in an ENB like overlay so no need to do anything fancy with external computers or alt-tab :)

Liking the freecam MGSV shots. The game hasn't seen much representation in these threads, probably due to the finicky modding support. Do updates cause much trouble?

When I was ready to play the game, there came the FOB Swimsuit Update from Konami, it broke the mod. I was pissed initially, I looked on the Nexus and to my surprise, the mod was already updated at the same day, so at least the guy that does this mod seems to be dedicated and fast. Most stuff in Cheat Engine is AOB scanned and doesn't break as easily or is found again rather quickly.

Yep, reshade detects a changed .cfg file and re-initializes. :)

(edit) too late.

You could also try the reshade 3.0 alpha. the github repo has updated shaders for 3.0. In 3.0 you can edit effects in-game in an ENB like overlay so no need to do anything fancy with external computers or alt-tab :)

Sounds cool, how do you activate / deactivate the overlay?

28928407726_e98a0b9d99_o.jpg

28928365056_f632058dc7_o.jpg

Flickr

NattyDread

Neo Member
The problem is that only ReShade 0.10.0...somethingsomething dll works for this game sadly.
Since you're so interested Otis :p can you take a look at what this guy did here? Looks like he merged the Framework shaders with the old non-Framwork version. Any tips on how to do that?
Of course I'm wondering if there's a way of getting the depth buffer to show somehow.

Hey Auto-Replay, mind sharing that timestop CT? That time modification in Infinite Heaven really sux but otherwise it's a great mod. Thanks for pointing it out.
I also found some updated CT on CE forums but I've still to test it out. All I need is timestop... :)

diaspora

Looks decent downsampled at 4K, and honestly just wandering while discovering stuff is strangely addicting. Spent like 6 hours on one planet because I got lost in a cave.

application8_13_2016531s9m.png

application8_13_20165vqu8z.png

Looks decent downsampled at 4K, and honestly just wandering while discovering stuff is strangely addicting. Spent like 6 hours on one planet because I got lost in a cave.

application8_13_2016531s9m.png

application8_13_20165vqu8z.png

Those repeated leaves sprites. There's literally one texture per tree type, why they did that I don't know.
4DX7Jet3wMd5S.gif

OtisInf

The problem is that only ReShade 0.10.0...somethingsomething dll works for this game sadly.
Since you're so interested Otis :p can you take a look at what this guy did here? Looks like he merged the Framework shaders with the old non-Framwork version. Any tips on how to do that?
:p He simply included the effects into reshade.fx, through pipeline.cfg, like it's also done in 1.x. I think 0.10x worked that way too: it loaded the effects which were included in reshade.fx. But not sure, never used reshade 0.10. Also: http://reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/671-help-me-for-metal-gear-solid-5-ground-zeroes#9271 ;)

That it crashes likely suggests they use some D3D features which aren't patched through in the reshade dlls.

[Reshade 3.0 alpha]
Sounds cool, how do you activate / deactivate the overlay
Get latest (it's rough/alpha!) http://reshade.me/forum/general-discussion-2/1977-reshade-3-0-progress-discussion?start=120#15405 Doesn't have any shaders, get them from the github repo! See: http://reshade.me/forum/general-discussion-2/1977-reshade-3-0-progress-discussion?start=60#14912
This is configured in the default settings written when the game is first started. But again, this is very alpha, and rough around the edges (understatement) but it might give better results than a stone-age reshade file. ;)

HTH!

I kinda wanna take NMS screens but considering you need to restart every time you want to change resolutions + the game can crash a lot during startup I don't think I'll bother for now. :/

the ones posted so far though are really nice.

I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels trying to find interesting planets... but everything is barren and rocky. I hardly ever find anything photogenic.

28951082716_20c0e9b1a5_o.jpg

Darkdeus

I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels trying to find interesting planets... but everything is barren and rocky. I hardly ever find anything photogenic.

28951082716_20c0e9b1a5_o.jpg

You can backup your actual save and just restart the game over and over to generate new starting planet's if you want. I've gotten very lucky though and the third planet in my actual game is a lush tropical planet.

Top Bottom