• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017-2018 NCAA Men's Basketball Topic: UNC from Redemption to Redeemed

Who is going to win the NCAA Tournament this year?

• North Carolina

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Villanova

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Arizona

• Kansas

• Duke

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Virginia

• Purdue

• Michigan State

• Other

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Corrik

We did not have a college basketball topic that I saw, so I am going to make one here.

Here is the latest Bubble watch for this season.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ghorns-oklahoma-sooners-look-end-big-12-skids

And here is the latest bracketology.

http://m.espn.com/ncb/bracketology?src=desktop

Who is going to win this year in a wide open tournament? Come discuss the games and root for your favorite teams!

Edit: Oh boy... First topic, and I messed up the topic title. Nice. 2017-2018 Season not 2016-2017!

:(

Last edited:

Corrik

Oklahoma loses again. Them and West Virginia are on a ridiculous tailspin. They may not even make the tournament if this continues at this point.

Corrik

UNC vs Syracuse tonight. Kentucky locked up their bid last night beating Arkansas unfortunately.

Corrik

UNC wins a nail biter to break syracuse's heart.

Looks like Clemson and Texas Tech are both going to fall.

Lots of pretenders tailing off in the end of the regular season this year.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Michigan with a quality road win against a desperate Penn St despite 80% of the starting line up playing like shit on offense. Luckily this team has by far the strongest bench of the Beilein-era. Duncan Robinson and Jordan Poole combine for 32 off the bench. Dunc is now 27 points away from scoring 1000 in 3 years. Not bad for a D3 transfer.

Corrik

Michigan with a quality road win against a desperate Penn St despite 80% of the starting line up playing like shit on offense. Luckily this team has by far the strongest bench of the Beilein-era. Duncan Robinson and Jordan Poole combine for 32 off the bench. Dunc is now 27 points away from scoring 1000 in 3 years. Not bad for a D3 transfer.
Michigan is formidable. UNC matches up well against them, but they are gonna surprise a team or two in the tourney.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Michigan is formidable. UNC matches up well against them, but they are gonna surprise a team or two in the tourney.

Yeah, you guys are on the short list of teams I'd like to avoid for a while. But I don't just don't see many teams that scare me overall.

Corrik

Tons of schools linked to the FBI scandal in college basketball. Dennis Smith Jr was listed as one of the biggest recipients from NC State.

Other schools at some point listed are...

UNC
Duke
Kentucky
Kansas
Washington
Seton Hall
Wichita State
Clemson
South Carolina
Alabama
Michigan State

And the list goes on.

Corrik

Sean Miller caught on wiretap securing 100k for Ayton. Trier just got suspended got a banned substance trace. Now Ayton is probably ineligible. Arizona is done.

Wish this forum was not dead so we could discuss this!

Corrik

Villanova, Texas Tech, Arizona all go down yesterday.

Arizona didn't let Sean Miller coach yesterday but did oddly let Ayton play despite major eligibility concerns.

Corrik

UNC vs Miami coming up. VT beat Duke on a complete collapse by Duke late. Rhode Island is getting massacred right now by St Joe's.

Corrik

Sean Miller doubles down he did nothing wrong. Arizona board supports him. Trier is recleared to play for Arizona after being suspended for PED traces. Ayton is supposedly cleared by Arizona internal investigation.

ESPN re-doubles down that their report of the wiretap alleging him securing payment for a player was correct.

Someone is lying. Miller or ESPN. Miller has more to lose in the situation to lie, but it does not mean he is lying.

natjjohn

Villanova covers spread fairly easily.

I went against the grain and picked Kansas to cover for my two team parlay. Did I make a big mistake doing that?

Top Bottom