• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25 Sexiest Women in Rock (GQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mug

bhgh3l.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Stridone said:
Yeah, Zooey Deschanel is cuter and also not a religious nut like Katy Perry...

And she's in a band with M fuckin Ward. Love She and Him so much :D

And Katy Perry is religious? She's obviously not that pious if she's with Russel Brand, I'm sure they've got up to some fucked up stuff. You can believe in God and still like it in the butt, right??

hsin

Banned
So far, I agree with the following additions:

Karen O.
Emily Haines
PJ Harvey
Gwen Stefani (circa No Doubt)
Amanda Palmer
Meg White
Jenny Lewis
Juliette Lewis
Carla Azar
Brody Dalle
Mariqueen Mandig-Reznor
Kristen Hersh
Amy Millan

Some others.

hsin

Banned
Jedeye Sniv said:
This is probably because you have not a)seen enough hot women or b)heard enough rock :D

Maybe my sarcasm detector needs some tuning up but I thought the emphasis on "IN ROCK" was a dead giveaway.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
hsin said:
Maybe my sarcasm detector needs some tuning up but I thought the emphasis on "IN ROCK" was a dead giveaway.

:lol :lol No, looks like I'm the one with the faulty sarcasm detector. Cheap imaginary piece of shit!

I could agree that KP is the hottest girl in pop though.

Katy Perry is not a "rocker" but she's the hottest in that group. And I'll also give props to Alison Mosshart because I'm a huge fan of The Dead Weather. Gwen Stefani is also attractive.

Stridone

Banned
Jedeye Sniv said:
And she's in a band with M fuckin Ward. Love She and Him so much :D

And Katy Perry is religious? She's obviously not that pious if she's with Russel Brand, I'm sure they've got up to some fucked up stuff. You can believe in God and still like it in the butt, right??

t17-600x400.jpg

hsin

Banned
Jedeye Sniv said:
:lol :lol No, looks like I'm the one with the faulty sarcasm detector. Cheap imaginary piece of shit!

I could agree that KP is the hottest girl in pop though.

Sharp
Elmo.

ConfusingJazz said:
She used to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katy_Hudson_(album)

She started her career off as a Gospel singer under her real name, Katy Hudson.

And I already knew that. She used to date the lead singer for that one christian band from Ohio...their name escapes me at the moment.

I just don't see how, in any current capacity, she's been a religious freak. She makes videos specifically about her tits, she hides it well if so.

kingofrod

blame space said:

Nice! I actually saw them just over a month ago in Newport and she walked right past me. An EXTREMELY tiny lady... I honestly wanted to get her a sandwich.

And Les Paul's are heavy!

Shito

Shirley Manson is a daaaamn good answer!
But this thread lacks Grace Slick...

ecb9657fc9fdcd3293502d616e301.jpg

... but especially Amanda "Fucking" Palmer!

c78052f9ee1e8d3894584718e3fdd.jpg

40b5b2434088a6a34df627b00a8b9.jpg

f020e12c1ad525b1764f410806dda.jpg

f210c33572e70069c3f9a3772eb05.jpg

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I always thoug Miki Berenyi and Emma Anderson from Lush were hot....for British shoegaze chicks anyway

Lush.jpg

Sarah Shannon from Velocity Girl was pretty hot too. I miss the 90's

velocitygir366.jpg

EYEL1NER

perfectchaos007 said:
No Hayley Williams? list is an automatic FAIL

hayley-williams-hairstyle-23997.jpg
C'mon, you've already got laughable choices like Cher on that list, why would you further make it horrible by adding her to it?

Also, not surprised at such a bad list. I looked at the title, clicked, and while it loaded said aloud, "What the fuck does GQ know about sexy women in rock?"

Not nuthin.

rvy

Banned
MiaRose_05-771498.jpg

... What? It's an acoustic guitar, fuckers! If Katy Perry is eligible, so is Mia. :lol

Seriously though, I don't know.

Ettie

Ann Wilson before she got big. (Hair and in general.)
Amy Lee +1
Shirley Manson +1
Dolores Mary Eileen O'Riordan (Punk and Pixie, long hair no thanks)

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
The women on that list are all sub-par.

Except for Lauryn Hill. A goddes among peasants.

Lauryn-Hill-On-Break.jpg

Lauryn.HIll1.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Teh Hamburglar said:
Its not semantics. Its outright misuse of a word. As in they used the wrong word.

semantics is the study of the relationship between words and their actual meanings or signifiers. So in fact, it is definitely semantics.

Bonus: this reply is in a logically bulletproof bubble of perfection and cannot be argued against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom