• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS' 2011 fall lineup (dates pics and videos)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
CottonBaller said:
2 games for the rest of the year, and they both star a plumber. Some of those games look really bad like DS graphics bad, a lot of those games look worse then PS1 games

MAj20.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dang. Starting with the announcement of the 3DS, I've gone from "day-one!" to "I'll wait for a price drop" to "....eh". It's all about the games, and between what's available and what's in this thread, there isn't much to get me excited. Super Mario is the only potential system seller for me, and even then, it's probably not gonna convince me to fork over $170.

I'm sure that eventually it'll gain some momentum, but it could be a couple years before that happens.

Alrus said:
I didn't even notice One Piece was November... WTF Namco, there's barely anything of interest in September/October and you chose the most crowded month to release both of your 3DS games?
At least Europe is getting it at all though. We'll probably never get it in the U.S. Stupid region lock stopping importing from also being an option. :(

BurntPork

Banned
CottonBaller said:
2 games for the rest of the year, and they both star a plumber. Some of those games look really bad like DS graphics bad, a lot of those games look worse then PS1 games
Can I have your DS and PS1?

Kambing

Thanks a lot for this OP.

My eyes are very set on Harvest Moon. It has been too long since i played one. Plus the wife likes it so win-win.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
CottonBaller said:
Let's see what games you are talking about.

jackdoe

Star Fox 64, Super Mario Land, and Tales of the Abyss for this year on the 3DS I suppose. Kid Icarus is shaping up to be something that doesn't fit my tastes and nothing else interests me this year on the 3DS.

It has a better line up for holidays than the DS had for the first year. so I would say it is an improvement! I am just curious on how Frogger and Doctor Lautrec turns out. Mario Kart and Star Fox is a no brainer, but I will wait and see with Mario Land 3D as I did not love the New Mario games as much as everyone else.

Thoraxes

EvilMario said:
Good thing I'm in total agreement with him and not being overtly sarcastic, or anything.
Sarcasm doesn't transcend the internet very well without a :lol
Sorry! With the rabid way i've seen people try to trash the system, I don't put anything out of the realm of something anyone would say. Some of the threads that have happened recently are a breeding ground of stupidity.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Thoraxes said:
Sarcasm doesn't transcend the internet very well without a :lol
Sorry! With the rabid way i've seen people try to trash the system, I don't put anything out of the realm of something anyone would say. Some of the threads that have happened recently are a breeding ground of stupidity.

It's okay. Let's admire this beautiful screen capture of FFVII and remember how great Playstation games look.

NEtgo.jpg

There are plenty of good looking PSX games. Grandia is one of my favorites, and Metal Gear Solid would probably be considered the high mark for 3D on the system. But it still pales in comparison to the technology on the 3DS. People are blatantly trolling if they say software out now for the 3DS, or future software, looks only as good as what was being churned out in the PSX/N64 era.

guek

Banned
I always cringe whenever someone compares anything in this day and age to a ps1 game
well except maybe cruis'n for the wii

I think it's because I assume the people saying that have actually played ps1 era games. Then I remember that was around 15 years ago (ugh it make me feel old) and that the idiots who spout such nonsense have most likely never really played a ps1 game in their life.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
CottonBaller said:
See your optometrist immediately.

apana

What I like most about the 3DS right now is the price. Normally a good Mario or Zelda game is enough to get me sold but Super Mario 3DS doesn't look all that exciting to me and Ocarina is a port/remake.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Nirolak said:
This disappoints me too.

Those kinds of games combined with the types of games we don't get on consoles anymore (Advance Wars, Metroidvania, a lot of the more unique JRPGs) were the reason I really loved the DS, and there seems to be very little of that announced so far.

I don't mind console type games on handhelds, and even enjoy quite a few, but I don't want them to be the only thing on the system, especially when several notable ones aren't well suited to the controls available.
I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm enjoying the 3DS and looking forward to future releases, but there's a clear dearth of what made the DS so special during its first years, at least in retail releases.

The culprit is none other than the 3D screen, as the touchscreen is no longer the star of the show. I can't think of many games where the bulk of the action isn't taking place in the upper screen, while the lower screen isn't relegated to HUD elements and inventory.

At least Kid Icarus is trying, lol.

guek

Banned
I really don't understand how people could want more than 4-5 games for a system to play in such a short time span. Maybe if that's your ONLY system, but who honestly owns nothing but a 3DS?

Do you guys buy like 5 games a month and actually play them? Who the hell is paying for all these brand new games? Where in the world do you find the time??

jufonuk

not tag worthy
so blazeblu for 3DS PAL mean UK land Pal land or like australia etc??

shit man so many good fighters for this system...

so 3DS goes from not many games to great selection of games :D

GDGF

Soothsayer
Looking through more of those vids.

When did Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights get so good looking? First media was iffy, but it looks kind of amazing now. Trailer makes me want to watch a Doctor Lautrec anime.

Thoraxes

guek said:
I really don't understand how people could want more than 4-5 games for a system to play in such a short time span. Maybe if that's your ONLY system, but who honestly owns nothing but a 3DS?

Do you guys buy like 5 games a month and actually play them? Who the hell is paying for all these brand new games? Where in the world do you find the time??
I have 2 hours of commuting 3 days a week, with 4-5 hours of breaktime between meetings sometimes.

I have a lot of free time stranded at work/school.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
IMACOMPUTA said:
There are literally 4 games this year that I want.

What is going on? Being an early adopter of this system sucks...
First time an early adopter?

CottonBaller said:

Juniors.
It's always fucking juniors...

GDGF said:
Looking through more of those vids.

When did Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights get so good looking? First media was iffy, but it looks kind of amazing now. Trailer makes me want to watch a Doctor Lautrec anime.
Yeah, it's definitely got my interest. It's not high enough on my list to get over the games I'm currently planning to in the coming months (which already have me spending too much), but it definitely looks like something I want to check out and give a try later down the line if I get a chance.

wiibomb

I'm starting to see some people start bitching about the system just because other do.

seriously guys, there are a lot of game to come before the end of the year, and november is the most crowded of them, if you cannot be ok with 4 games in 2 or 3 months then you then not have a life out games...

for me, I'm really exited about kid icarus, while it seems somewhat hard to control, I know it will end like metroid prime hunters

I feel mario 3D land will end up being a must buy, these mario games always end being pretty good...

mario kart 7 seems good too, though I'm not entirely convinced in that

SykoTech

Kid Icarus is still coming out this year? Could have fooled me. I hope it turns out good though. But aside from that and 3D Land, the lineup's pretty mediocre.

Shiggy

wiibomb said:
I'm starting to see some people start bitching about the system just because other do.

seriously guys, there are a lot of game to come before the end of the year, and november is the most crowded of them, if you cannot be ok with 4 games in 2 or 3 months then you then not have a life out games...

for me, I'm really exited about kid icarus, while it seems somewhat hard to control, I know it will end like metroid prime hunters

I feel mario 3D land will end up being a must buy, these mario games always end being pretty good...

mario kart 7 seems good too, though I'm not entirely convinced in that

As a PAL gamer I don't see much apart from Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 ... not too interested in all those ports. The complaints about the software lineup are definitely justified.

Rayman Origins for 3DS is coming in 2012 btw.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
_dementia said:
Mario Kart 7 is going to be huuuuge

With me probably getting Mario Kart Super Circuit around the same time, I don't give a shit about Mario Kart 7 unless impressions are amazing. Didn't like the Wii one that much, and until shown otherwise I'll assume the subs and gliders are pointless gimmicks.

mrklaw said:
With me probably getting Mario Kart Super Circuit around the same time, I don't give a shit about Mario Kart 7 unless impressions are amazing. Didn't like the Wii one that much, and until shown otherwise I'll assume the subs and gliders are pointless gimmicks.
dunno about subs, but gliders were awesome in ExciteBot. But I am not really interested in either MK or SM3DL either. Just give me a new 2D Zelda or Metroid damn it!

wiibomb

Shiggy said:
As a PAL gamer I don't see much apart from Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 ... not too interested in all those ports. The complaints about the software lineup are definitely justified.

Rayman Origins for 3DS is coming in 2012 btw.

well for pal I really haven't look in depht, but at least for US it doesn't look that bad now...

kid icarus uprising (still for 2011 release here)
super mario 3D land
mario kart 7
starfox 64 3D
shinobi
sonic generations
pokemon rumble blast (well, at least I'm interested in that)

I don't really get all the whining

Delio

Getting Tales,Mario Kart, Star Fox and Rumble Blast. I dont play many games and even when i do i play them slow. Feels good not complaining :)

mrklaw said:

From what I played at Gamescom, Gliders are anything but pointless gimmicks. They open up new strategies and reward skillfull driving as well as taking risks, but to each his own.

The sub parts are like heavy gravity zones with changed driving physics and change up the race dynamics quite a bit (especially if you miss a jump and have to drive underwater)

wiibomb said:
I don't really get all the whining

It's Nintendo. Go look up the last 5 01.net threads. Whenever the words Nintendo, 3DS or Wii U are mentioned, a great part of the posters will willingly disable their basic cerebral functions to take part in the ritual doom and gloom for Nintendo chants.

Top Bottom