• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS' 2011 fall lineup (dates pics and videos)

Celine

Already placed the preorder for MK7.
For the rest of the year I may buy Super Mario 3D and Nano Assault ( dunno if NA will be released in Europe this year ).

Kazerei said:
Well, the gameplay is completely on the touch screen ... not sure what they'd do with the 3D screen anyway.
Yeah, I'm fine with there being some 3DS games like that, which sacrifice use of 3D to make continued use of the touch screen. 3D graphics are nice, but they're not worth sacrificing/completely changing gameplay over.

daCuk said:
Yeah, because all of us (even the ones force-juniored) are the same.

I never said all juniors are bad.
Just that a lot of stupid stuff that is said on this site happens to come from juniors.

Shiggy said:
Doesn't make MK7 look better than MKDD...what's next? To really make a judgement you need to compare MK7 to MKDD on a huge blown up HD screen in four player mode while wearing a mosquito net on your face?
DD drops to 30fps in splitscreen. Geometry detail drops too, especially in the scenery, as does draw distance. I dunno if it's worse looking than MK7, I'll let you know when I've had a decent hands on with the latter.

The point of the comparison though is that they're both drawing 2
complete screens. It's actually the fairest comparison if we're speaking purely for system capability.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Can someone explain to me the difference between the 3DS and Wii's Bit.Trip games? Which one is going to be a collection of their Wiiware games + Extras? I missed some of their releases.

Incitemaybe said:
This is far from the truth. The 3ds launch is much more robust than what the DS had.

It took until June of the following year for Canvas Curse to come out.
Which is why I stated years. And my argument was not discussing the quality or the robustness of software, but the type of experiences developers were able to deliver through their experimentation with the touch and dual screens. When I look at the 3DS releases so far and the ones to come, I see different approaches and goals. That is all.

Jinfash said:
Can someone explain to me the difference between the 3DS and Wii's Bit.Trip games? Which one is going to be a collection of their Wiiware games + Extras? I missed some of their releases.
IIRC, the 3DS version contains just the games + 3D (Obviously) and the Wii collection features the game + extras.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
No Bit-Trip Saga for Europe? what the fuck seriously, that was one of my most anticipated titles ugh.. where do I send my rage letter too?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Lucky Number Seven Force said:
IIRC, the 3DS version contains just the games + 3D (Obviously) and the Wii collection features the game + extras.
You mean the 3DS game will only pack: Beat, Core, Void, Runner, Fate, and Flux? Haha, that's enough for me. Day one.

Jinfash said:
The 3DS version is all the games + added 3D effects, basically. The Wii version comes with the WiiWare versions of the games but also includes the series OST in the case, and also has extra features, like added levels, leaderboards, and some other stuff.

M-PG71C

Frogger 3D
Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns
StarFox 64 3D
Pokemon Rumble 3D
Cave Story 3D
Kid Icarus: Uprising (If it comes out)
Nano Assault
Sonic Generations
Super Mario 3D Land
Tales of the Abyss
Mario Kart 7

Fall is going to be pretty damn sweet if you ask me lol :D

M-PG71C said:
Frogger 3D
Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns
StarFox 64 3D
Pokemon Rumble 3D
Cave Story 3D
Kid Icarus: Uprising (If it comes out)
Nano Assault
Sonic Generations
Super Mario 3D Land
Tales of the Abyss
Mario Kart 7

Fall is going to be pretty damn sweet if you ask me lol :D
To "sweet" if you ask me, a very expensive holiday. I also have a bad feeling next fall is going to be bare, too many games coming out this fall, I honestly don't remember the last time Fall was this packed.

jgkspsx

The console-game-lite aspect of PSP's library was one thing that I didn't like about it. It will be a shame if the same thing happens to 3DS, which is where it seems to be heading. Maybe the downloadable space will be its salvation... if we ever get any original 3DSWare.

Of this year's games, I'm getting:
BDGAME said:
- Bit.Trip Saga (Sept 13 USA)
- Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (Sept 13 USA)
And planning to buy pending them not sucking:
- James Noir's Hollywood Crimes (August 30 USA)
- Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights (October 11 USA)
- Tetris 3DS
- Cave Story 3D (Nov 8 USA/ 4 PAL)
- Kid Icarus: Uprising (USA)
- Rayman Origins (18 PAL / 15 USA)
- Sonic Generations (4 PAL / 1 USA)
- Super Mario 3D Land
I really want James Noir to be good, but the chances seem extremely slim at this point.

Man, there sure are a lot of games that I'm looking forward to. I plan on buying Starfox, Mario Kart, Mario Land, and Cave story just this year. Depending on reviews there might be a few more games I'd look into. Ughhhh, I don't think I'll be able to afford all these games.

watershed

Banned
For the rest of the year I'm thinking of getting:
Bit Trip Saga
Nano Assault
Kid Icarus
Super Mario 3d Land
Mario Kart 7

Tales of the Abyss interests me but I am tempted to wait for an original rpg instead of a ps2 port.

verbatimo

When I look 3DS lineup, it just seems so lacking. Difference between Vita is like night and day.
I can see where the money is poured, and that is western third party Vita games. Third parties would rather support Vita, and see it crash and burn (Which I hope it doesn't), than support 3DS with decent games. It looks just like when PSP was released. Lot's of western third party support and 3DS get lousy support.

Nintendo really can't win in western third party situation, which is a shame. I as a consumer will vote with my wallet, and if third parties won't put decent effort into 3DS games, then they surely won't get my money.

3DS had a shitty start, but there's more than enough games out by the end of the year I want to justify owning one. It'll be really interesting to see how the holiday season goes though, hopefully enough games to well enough that the system will have decent support going forward.

Does Bit Trip Saga have online leaderboards? I own the iOS Bit Trip game and had enough fun with it to buy Saga regardless, but games like it and Mercenaries are really hurt by the exclusion.

artwalknoon said:
For the rest of the year I'm thinking of getting:
Bit Trip Saga
Nano Assault
Kid Icarus
Super Mario 3d Land
Mario Kart 7

So I'm going to ask you because you named the other four games I'm planning on getting, so our tastes seem to match up. What are the Bit Trip games like? What do they play like, specifically? What are they best compared to?

AniHawk

mario kart, mario 3d land, and star fox for me. paid off two of those already.

kid icarus should have been all-flying, all the time.

MooMoo

Definitely getting Nano Assault and SMT: DS Overclocked. Gonna see how Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Tales of the Abyss turn out. If I had to predict, I probably won't get Kid Icarus and Tales of the Abyss.

Cheska

MooMoo said:
Definitely getting Nano Assault and SMT: DS Overclocked. Gonna see how Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Tales of the Abyss turn out. If I had to predict, I probably won't get Kid Icarus and Tales of the Abyss.

Are you located somewhere where this hasn't released yet? Because if you're in the states, quantities are limited :(

Famassu

Freezie KO said:
So I'm going to ask you because you named the other four games I'm planning on getting, so our tastes seem to match up. What are the Bit Trip games like? What do they play like, specifically? What are they best compared to?
BitTrip is kind of like Wii's own Pixeljunk series (if you know those from PS3), except even more retro. Like the Pixeljunk games, they are all different. One is a kind of shmup, another is a platformer, then there's a kind of music/rhythm game.

They are all very simple, yet they all have these neat gameplay ideas that make them somewhat unique, plus even if they are kinda simple, they have enough depth so that it can throw new type of challenges at you and keep the game at least somewhat fresh throughout the game. And they are challenging, so even though the games aren't that long, they are the kind of games where you'll have to replay levels to get through them since you'll probably not get too far the first time around.

tim.mbp

When I'm done with Skyward Sword
Super Mario 3D Land

Sales/Price Drops/Bomba
Star Fox 64 3D
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights
James Noir's Hollywood Crimes
Spider-Man: Edge of Time
Cave Story 3D
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Tales of the Abyss
Mario Kart 7

I'm just about done with my backlog and I don't want to have one going forward. I'm not pre-ordering anymore and I'm not going to buy any new games until I'm done with the previous game.

MooMoo

Cheska said:
Are you located somewhere where this hasn't released yet? Because if you're in the states, quantities are limited :(
No I'm in the US. Made a similar comment in the Overclocked OT but I'm not in a great financial situation right now so I'm not only hoping for a sale but also hoping that it remains in stock long enough. I know it's a long stretch and I'm definitely the type of person that's more than happy to support a developer with my money (<3 Atlus) but yeah, I'm just tight on cash. I know $40 doesn't sound like much but that's enough to pay for three weeks of transportation to campus! So yeah, sad face indeed lol. Very sad face D:

watershed

Banned
Freezie KO said:
Okay then, here it goes.

All the Bit Trip games are about simple controls, rhythm based music integrated with gameplay, retro/blocky visuals, and crazy hard difficulty levels. The story is about the adventures of this space commander dude but that's not important. Its the gameplay, music, and graphics that shine. The combination is addicting. In 3d they will look even more amazing. I've arranged some videos for your viewing!

Bit Trip Runner is my favorite out of the whole series because of how well the rhythm and the gameplay are integrated. Its the Bit Trip version of platforming. You run automatically and all you control are jump and slide. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaNW1jaknLM&feature=player_detailpage#t=120s

I really enjoyed Bit Trip Void which probably has the simplest visuals out of the entire series. You control a black dot and you move around the screen collecting other black dots which makes you larger. You avoid the white dots and "release your load" of black dots to get small again to avoid hitting a white dot:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA6YMyvdWtE&playnext=1&list=PL0E074D2D88994E2D

All the games are fun and all the games are incredibly difficult. Bit Trip Beat is the first one, its a lot like pong. I didn't enjoy the motion controls much so it should be better and funner on the 3ds using the dpad or slide pad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K9S8EDKc8g

Hope that helps.

verbatimo said:
When I look 3DS lineup, it just seems so lacking. Difference between Vita is like night and day.
I can see where the money is poured, and that is western third party Vita games. Third parties would rather support Vita, and see it crash and burn (Which I hope it doesn't), than support 3DS with decent games. It looks just like when PSP was released. Lot's of western third party support and 3DS get lousy support.

Nintendo really can't win in western third party situation, which is a shame. I as a consumer will vote with my wallet, and if third parties won't put decent effort into 3DS games, then they surely won't get my money.

Really vita along way off 3DS list of game looked good at first but as it get closer most games you wanted are delay or still in the works

3rd party game for 3DS are only as good as they put out and let face it they dont know what to do really

artwalknoon said:
Okay then, here it goes.

All the Bit Trip games are about simple controls, rhythm based music integrated with gameplay, retro/blocky visuals, and crazy hard difficulty levels. The story is about the adventures of this space commander dude but that's not important. Its the gameplay, music, and graphics that shine. The combination is addicting. In 3d they will look even more amazing. I've arranged some videos for your viewing!

Bit Trip Runner is my favorite out of the whole series because of how well the rhythm and the gameplay are integrated. Its the Bit Trip version of platforming. You run automatically and all you control are jump and slide. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaNW1jaknLM&feature=player_detailpage#t=120s

I really enjoyed Bit Trip Void which probably has the simplest visuals out of the entire series. You control a black dot and you move around the screen collecting other black dots which makes you larger. You avoid the white dots and "release your load" of black dots to get small again to avoid hitting a white dot:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA6YMyvdWtE&playnext=1&list=PL0E074D2D88994E2D

All the games are fun and all the games are incredibly difficult. Bit Trip Beat is the first one, its a lot like pong. I didn't enjoy the motion controls much so it should be better and funner on the 3ds using the dpad or slide pad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K9S8EDKc8g

Hope that helps.

Sure does. Very interesting. Thanks.

Freezie KO said:
Bit. Trip games (6 of them are in the saga) play differently to each other. I have played three, runner was like a platformer (Donkey Kong), the other like a shooter, and the last like riochet,

you should check videos. But mostly, they need very good observation and fast reactions.

Got both Bit.Trip and StarFox pre-ordered at Amazon... Contemplating if I should cancel SF since I haven't beaten a single game on 3DS (I have four) and I'm barely playing with it at all.

I must have Bit.Trip though.

They should have made the Harry Potter game the whole saga, since 1-4 didn't release on 3DS. Would be more appealing, but the 3DS version is probably ass anyways.

Gomu Gomu

It's pretty sad that Bit Trip Saga is the only game on that list I'm looking forward to. Still not feeling Super Mario 3D Land.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
AceBandage said:
What? MK7 looks better than DD...
It most certainly does not.

Furthermore, do we have confirmation of the framerate? Most 3DS titles only push 30 fps in 3D mode so if MK7 is 60 fps, I can understand why it's less detailed than your average 3DS title. Still, the track and model details seems to be a bit less robust in the 3DS game.

Freezie KO said:
Theyre hard to compare, really.
Beat is like pong on acid...

I 'll put it this way. The very existence of these games validated Wiiware as a platform. For me at least.

wrowa

dark10x said:
It most certainly does not.

Furthermore, do we have confirmation of the framerate? Most 3DS titles only push 30 fps in 3D mode so if MK7 is 60 fps, I can understand why it's less detailed than your average 3DS title. Still, the track and model details seems to be a bit less robust in the 3DS game.
60fps was confirmed at E3.

- Bit.Trip Saga (13 USA)
- Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns (13 USA)
- Star Fox 64 3D (9 PAL / 9 USA)
- Pokémon Rumble Blast (24 USA)
- Kid Icarus: Uprising (USA)
- Sonic Generations (4 PAL / 1 USA)
- Super Mario 3D Land
- Mario Kart 7
- Animal Crossing 3DS
- Luigi's Mansion 2
- Paper Mario
- Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
- Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney
- Z.O.E 3 D S

This is going to be a pretty awesome year and a half for the 3DS for me. Even if some of these do not have confirmed release dates, they are a lot of awesome to look forward to. :D

Top Bottom