• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS XL First Impressions/Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfe

If I'm not mistaken, people are reporting some kind of "rounded" pixels instead of square ones so the image looks a little less rough. I think the GBA SP did the same trick.

The SP I have has normal looking pixels, just a larger brighter screen.

The label is about an AC adapter. There still might be another way to charge. Or not - but I'd prefer to wait for an official confirmation on that.

How else would you charge it aside from the AC adapter or dock?

Duxxy3

Damn...

ok maybe i've changed my mind a bit

if i can get a good trade in for my 3DS i may get this afterall

boyshine

Sorry guys but... Is this PAL 3DS XL package?

Untitled-34.png

That's truly ugly, if so.

Looks better when you see it, because the box itself is so surprisingly small.

smr00

Banned
Holy shit that is a big screen which pleases me.

Although i was initially really pissed off at the fact i just bought a 3DS 2 days after E3 with 0 announcements and can't return my 3DS without losing $100 worth of e-shop downloads because nintendo is retarded about linking purchases to your account i have gotten somewhat over it, i really want it but i will probably hold off till christmas money rolls in because spending near $400 total on 2 3DS's within what? 2 months of eachother is just outrageous to me.

Really fucking want this though, since i got my DSI XL years back i haven't touched my Lite.

LQX

I really dislike those rounded edges and it seems slightly bulky which indicates to me Nintendo will do another redesign to make it sleeker. I want one though.

The larger screens are dreamy, but I don't like the look of the thing. While I appreciate that the rounded corners and improved start/select/home buttons are inarguably improvements, the end result is a handheld that looks much more toy-like than the sexy sexy OG model.

Still, might pick one up for the wife when they get around to releasing better colors for it. What's the typical release rate for new colors on Nintendo handhelds in the US?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
It's size is both the selling and the breaking point for me. Those screens look damn nice and my fears about the low resolution looking even worse may be at ease. But the sacrifice in portability is too much for me to want to trade in my current 3DS.

El-Suave

I don't own a 3DS yet, so I'm very tempted. I also like red handhelds so even my color of choice is there.
I'm just debating whether Nintendo will produce some sort of special edition console for the holidays that might be worth waiting for.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'm tempted to buy one, but I don't have the money to buy a 3DS XL without first selling my original 3DS, which means that I won't be able to transfer my games over. And moreso than the games I bought, I'd be losing my Streetpass content. Of course, considering how un-portable this thing is, it probably won't be getting too many Streetpasses anyway.

methodman

Banned
Can I transfer my ambassador stuff to an SD card, sell my 3ds and buy this in 2 months? Or do I need to transfer directly to the XL from my 3DS?

I guess they're banking on the fact that everyone who buys this would have already bought an earlier DS.

But why would you want to keep the old one? Your Miis, DD games, stats and everything else have to be transferred to the new system.

Can I transfer my ambassador stuff to an SD card, sell my 3ds and buy this in 2 months? Or do I need to transfer directly to the XL from my 3DS?

You have to transfer directly.

Ricker

This thread got big fast...is there a way to transfer everything on the XL from the regular one...all the Streetpass friends,Ambassador games,etc etc??...I want it to be a copy of my current 3ds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom