• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A critique of Destiny 2's issues (power, loot, end-game) by one of the top players

jadedm17

Vanilla D1 had objectively better exotic weapons. Bungie made them OP.

More fun and unique, definitely; Lack of new enemies and worthwhile exotics are my biggest issues. Icebreaker, Hawkmoon... Nothing in D2 really compares.

Weapons are objectively worse in D2 than in D1. The highs were so much higher and more frequnted as well.

Agreed.

I haven't even uses snipers, grenade launcher and most scout rifles. Balancing of pvp vs pve is a huge issue as well as balance in general.

Unstable

Suros regime and fatebringer would line up just fine with what we have now.

Fatebringer wasn't originally an Exotic though (and it basically returns in the form of Sunshot).Suros would be crazy in PvP. High Cali + Glass Half Full + Health Regen? Yeah that'd be OP OP.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I do think exotics right now are on the boring side. Warlocks have it the worst.

Hunters get Celestial Nighthawk and Titans get Actium War Rig while warlocks get...Sunbracers? Lunafaction Boots? Transversive Steps?

They need to do better with making exotics interesting, especially armor.

Otherwise I quite like how D2 is right now.

As someone who knows nothing about Warframe, what ideas or mechanics Destiny could borrow?

This is kind of the wrong thread, but top of my mind would be the level system. Lots of missions, all easily repeatable. You then add something that makes going back to even the lowest level missions worthwhile; Relics would be the easiest thing.

Relics are artifacts that have a % chance of dropping a few different things; there's a couple dozen types, sorted into 5 categories, so several dozen drop tables. You can get Relics on a variety of missions, with category determined by difficulty level. Even low-level Relics have worthwhile stuff in them, at least until you get all the gear. You get access to this loot by running Relic Cracking missions, which are linked to a category. Everyone in the squad selects a Relic before loading into the mission, and at the end of it, you can pick what reward you want out of everything the Squad rolled. You can also adjust the drop tables by spending a separate in-game currency to increase the chance of a rare drop.

The real problem here is that Destiny doesn't have chase loot. Having relic exclusive drops would go a ways to avert that, but fundamentally they need to totally overhaul the loot system.

Top Bottom