• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice SPOILER Thread | Yes, episode 5 actually happened

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Starting case 2

Why is the fork floating?!

You mean the fork that's in the office? It's one of Trucy's magic props.

P.S.: Be careful being in this thread, given that there are a lot of spoilers.

SalvaPot

Made this one in a hurry, I want to add more to it later.
S3jm04Fg.png

JoeFu

Banned
Oh man just beat the game. Not much to say. Case one was standard stuff. Two was nice. So happy there was so much Trucy and Ema :D

Case three was pretty great. Maya being back and the whole suicide thing for the high priest was pretty sad. The ghetto Steel Samurai thing was great too.

I really liked case 4! As others have said, it felt like case 1 of Athena Cykes:Ace Attorney. Athena is awesome and while it sucks her case was short, I really liked the team up with Simon. I do know for a fact I wouldn't have enjoyed the case as much if I hadn't watched the Rakugo anime lol. Having a character with DID was pretty cool too.

Case 5 was awesome. First part was fun going back to Kurain and seeing Pearls. Apollo and Dhurke going on an adventure was nice too. Armie was adorable and her situation was really sad.

Gu'ran being the main bad was predictable, but the other twist wasn't...Dhurke was such a great character. I really got me when they revealed he was already dead. Apollo's wish that it wasn't true was just so.... Dang.

Loved how Apollo finally got to shine and I really hope this wasn't the last time we see him.

Great game. Can't wait to never be able to play DGS1/2 :(

Oh man just beat the game. Not much to say. Case one was standard stuff. Two was nice. So happy there was so much Trucy and Ema :D

Case three was pretty great. Maya being back and the whole suicide thing for the high priest was pretty sad. The ghetto Steel Samurai thing was great too.

I really liked case 4! As others have said, it felt like case 1 of Athena Cykes:Ace Attorney. Athena is awesome and while it sucks her case was short, I really liked the team up with Simon. I do know for a fact I wouldn't have enjoyed the case as much if I hadn't watched the Rakugo anime lol. Having a character with DID was pretty cool too.

Case 5 was awesome. First part was fun going back to Kurain and seeing Pearls. Apollo and Dhurke going on an adventure was nice too. Armie was adorable and her situation was really sad.

Gu'ran being the main bad was predictable, but the other twist wasn't...Dhurke was such a great character. I really got me when they revealed he was already dead. Apollo's wish that it wasn't true was just so.... Dang.

Loved how Apollo finally got to shine and I really hope this wasn't the last time we see him.

Great game. Can't wait to never be able to play DGS1/2 :(

Yeah, I thought she was too predictable as well...

I was kind of hoping that Amara would turn out to be secretly evil or something, just to play with our assumptions.

TrueBlue

What Ga'ran lacked in surprise she made up for with her Disney villain transformation. That was great!

I also liked how she rewrote the laws like it was nothing, made for an interesting opponent. Seeing both Nick and Apollo sweating bullets at that was amusing

Groof

What Ga'ran lacked in surprise she made up for her Disney villain transformation. That was great!

I also liked how she rewrote the laws like it was nothing, made for an interesting opponent. Seeing both Nick and Apollo sweating bullets at that was amusing

this made me loudly go what the fuck, it was so good.

It's amazing how similar of a reaction i had to Apollo when it finally hit me that Dhurke was already dead. Great character, great build up.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if them dumping Apollo in Khura'in means they are going to try and make him the main focus of a game again again, or if they just want him out of the picture.

Was not expecting Ga'ran to be a prosecutor. I also was convinced that Amara really did kill Inga, as revenge for killing Dhurke for a while.

McNum

I wonder if them dumping Apollo in Khura'in means they are going to try and make him the main focus of a game again again, or if they just want him out of the picture.
It means they have options for a sequel, at least. They can do Apollo's crazy adventures in Khura'in, they can do a mentor/student game with Phoenix and Athena, they can add a new lawyer to either team, or they can do something weird altogether.

Honestly, giving Apollo an underling could be fun to see. But I wouldn't mind seeing Athena and Simon do another case together. I'd love to have him along for an investigation phase. He'd be an amazing foil to Athena if she stumbles into a dangerous case.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm a bit surprised the Crystal of of Ami Fey never went anywhere. I wonder if a later game will bring that up, or if its a leftover of a plot rewrite. Was somewhat expecting them to pull out a plot twist where the founder was Ami Fey, or had the Fey family name.

I sort of wonder how they are going to deal with Maya being around in future games, or if they will just leave her in Kurain. Her being able to channel nearly anyone is a bit too convenient, unless they are going to have everyone just using fake names now.

I had expected the shaggy guy to actually be Larry at first.

I actually yelled at my screen at Mr. Retinz to get out of my office when he was trying to repo everything.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Now that I'm actually thinking about Case 5, none of that shit makes any sense.

Inga killed Dhurke and was attempting to overthrow the Queen, but Inga didn't know he had actually killed Dhurke as he ran off in fear, nor did he know if Maya was still there to exchange, or would know she wasn't had he returned at any point when Maya was pretending to be Dhurke in the US. So why threaten Dhurke and co to bring the Founder's Stone in exchange for Maya when Dhurke would presumably know Maya wasn't being held captive anymore as he likely rescued her? Plus how did Maya put Dhurke's body in the sarcophagus in the first place when only Inga and the Queen had keys to it?

Then how did Ga'ran know that Dhurke was dead and in the Sarcophagus so she could use his clothes to pose as him and kill Inga, seeing as Inga didn't know if he was dead or not and wouldn't have told her about what occurred at all since he was conspiring against her?

Totakeke

Inga killed Dhurke and was attempting to overthrow the Queen, but Inga didn't know he had actually killed Dhurke as he ran off in fear, nor did he know if Maya was still there to exchange, or would know she wasn't had he returned at any point when Maya was pretending to be Dhurke in the US. So why threaten Dhurke and co to bring the Founder's Stone in exchange for Maya when Dhurke would presumably know Maya wasn't being held captive anymore as he likely rescued her? Plus how did Maya put Dhurke's body in the sarcophagus in the first place when only Inga and the Queen had keys to it?

Then how did Ga'ran know that Dhurke was dead and in the Sarcophagus so she could use his clothes to pose as him and kill Inga, seeing as Inga didn't know if he was dead or not and wouldn't have told her about what occurred at all since he was conspiring against her?

Pretty much. Feels like the game had time constraints or development setbacks that they had to go with whatever they had. Inga's story being cut off yet with so many clues left behind is proof of that.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Pretty much. Feels like the game had time constraints or development setbacks that they had to go with whatever they had. Inga's story being cut off yet with so many clues left behind is proof of that.

Kind of makes me wish case 4 was left to DLC and they actually split Case 5 into two proper parts. Both trials felt under developed.

Firebrand

Dhurke died and Maya left days ahead of the planned exchange. Presumably Inga or Garan went back to inspect the scene way before then and hid the body. Likely it was Garan who did this if she was planning to kill Inga and make it look like Dhurke in the seance vision.

Maya was now gone, but there was no reason to tell Phoenix this until he delivered the orb.

Not sure what to make of the bloodstain trail starting at Maya's chair though, if that was simply Dhurke standing near Maya when he got shot.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What Ga'ran lacked in surprise she made up for with her Disney villain transformation. That was great!

If Ga'ran went with a Disney-villain transformation, Amara went with a freaking digivolution, complete with the spinning (like Adventure 1 and 2) and the "egg" (like more recent series). I wonder if someone will be brave enough to make a video of her transformation with one of the several digivolution themes.

Totakeke

Not sure what to make of the bloodstain trail starting at Maya's chair though, if that was simply Dhurke standing near Maya when he got shot.

That was the clue to Dhurke's death that was well disguised until the reveal. One plausible scenario that he was standing near Maya, got shot, then his body got transferred to the sarcophagus. How they could open the sarcophagus is still a mystery. Maya could have left his body there, then Ga'ran moved his body.

Either way there's a lot of missing links to make the whole thing work.

Gestahl

Inga specifically threatens Dhurke with "other" hostages ie Amara, Nahyuta, Rafya, etc. And obviously he knew Maya was gone, that's why he had to explicitly threaten Dhurke to force him to go along with the bluff that he still had Maya. Just because he ran off at the end of Maya's flashback doesn't mean he never came back there before getting murdered

Totakeke

It was Phoenix that was threatened by Maya held hostage, not Dhurke. Plus during their phone call they explicitly talked about a "he". I have other qualms regarding that implication being Nahyuta, but regardless there are still missing links within how that whole thing played out that requires players to make up stories on their own.

R.D.Blax

Finally finished the game after 40h, and damn that last case messed me up.

When Dhurke was revealed to be a cool dad type of character, I had the feeling he was going the next victim murder, so I was really happy to be proven wrong afterward ! And then the reveal happened... That not fair, why it's always the cool one who die

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, I think I figured out the Inga part of Case 5. Just put in some conjecture, and you can explain away a lot of the possible plot holes.

Several days before the start of the case, Inga kidnapped Maya. Dhurke learns of this, and goes to the Tomb to try and save her. Inga shoots him 3 times, and Dhurke pretends to be unharmed. This scares Inga away, and we must assume that due to his inability to see faces, does not know if it was the real Dhurke he shot.

Dhurke quickly dies because bullets kill people. With his final words, he instructs Maya to go back to the United States, so he could see Apollo one last time. Maya goes back to the United States, changes into a Dhurke outfit, and begins channeling Dhurke.

At this point, Dhurke's body is simply on the floor of the Royal Tomb, but doesn't immediately get found. Ga'ran learns of this though her Royal Guard. Ga'ran also knows about Inga's plans to get the founders Orb and do a coup. Since she wants to recover the Orb herself, she comes up with the plan to kill off Inga, and frame Dhurke for the crime, to have the triple whammy of getting rid of Inga, getting the orb, and help crush the rebels spirits. She hides Dhurke's body in Amara's tomb, and makes Inga believe that Maya is still in the tomb by having a guard dress up like her, along with believing Dhurke was not killed.

She soon infers what happens to Maya, when she find out Dhurke is supposedly alive in the United States. At this point she reaches to Amara for help to pulling off the full plan to frame Dhurke of Inga's murder.

Ga'ran at 2 sneaks into the tomb in Dhurke's outfit, and and stab's Inga. She then puts Dhurke's outfit back on Dhurke, unties the guard she left there, removes the Maya outfit from him, and leaves the tomb as if nothing happens. At 2:30 Amara channels Inga's Spirit in his room, dressed up in his outfit, with the expectation that Inga would simply believe he had a nightmare and rush back the tomb for the hostage exchange. This proved to be the correct assumption, and once he reached the tomb, Amara stopped channeling Inga and burned the outfit. At 2:45 when Maya channeling Dhurke came in, Amara hit her with the red magatama, to force the spirit to leave Maya. She then dressed her back up in her outfit, and tied her the chair. After that, she dressed as as Dhurke, made it look like he killed Inga, and waited until she heard the others come. Once she did, she quickly channeled Dhurke, to help pull off the framing.

Thinking back to this game after a while, I still dislike a lot how Phoenix and Apollo are a huge part of the revolution and how they save the entire country. Apollo I can understand a little, since they made him the son of the revolutionary, but Phoenix is just a really good lawyer back home and nothing more. I feel like this betrays a lot of how the series' supposed to be, Phoenix always fought for those close to him and did his best, but he was never a really important person (bar AA4 final case) or a super hero. I feel like this is a little influence from Yamazaki's work on AAI, since Edgeworth has every right to be an international famous person and him tackling important cases isn't that much of a stretch.

Of course I really enjoyed the game and it's better than AA5, even if I disliked all that and Ga'ran being so over the top.

Totakeke

Thinking back to this game after a while, I still dislike a lot how Phoenix and Apollo are a huge part of the revolution and how they save the entire country. Apollo I can understand a little, since they made him the son of the revolutionary, but Phoenix is just a really good lawyer back home and nothing more. I feel like this betrays a lot of how the series' supposed to be, Phoenix always fought for those close to him and did his best, but he was never a really important person (bar AA4 final case) or a super hero. I feel like this is a little influence from Yamazaki's work on AAI, since Edgeworth has every right to be an international famous person and him tackling important cases isn't that much of a stretch.

Of course I really enjoyed the game and it's better than AA5, even if I disliked all that and Ga'ran being so over the top.

Each of the Yamazaki games had that "save the country" undertone to it so I'm pretty sure it's his influence. Only dark age of the law never really materialized into anything meaningful.

Vamphuntr

The last case is pretty weak logic wise and hinges on the fact that Dhurke wouldn't tell the others he was already dead while being channeled. Heck the body confirms he was dead days before the actual murder he's accused of. It's also weird that to become the master of the Kurain Channeling technique you have to go to Khur'ain where they 1- hate foreigners and don't share secrets with them 2- Only the Queen and Princess have spiritual power and it's considered a royal secret 3- Commoners have no spiritual powers. So how are you supposed to train there haha?

Totakeke

Ok, I think I figured out the Inga part of Case 5. Just put in some conjecture, and you can explain away a lot of the possible plot holes.

Several days before the start of the case, Inga kidnapped Maya. Dhurke learns of this, and goes to the Tomb to try and save her. Inga shoots him 3 times, and Dhurke pretends to be unharmed. This scares Inga away, and we must assume that due to his inability to see faces, does not know if it was the real Dhurke he shot.

Dhurke quickly dies because bullets kill people. With his final words, he instructs Maya to go back to the United States, so he could see Apollo one last time. Maya goes back to the United States, changes into a Dhurke outfit, and begins channeling Dhurke.

At this point, Dhurke's body is simply on the floor of the Royal Tomb, but doesn't immediately get found. Ga'ran learns of this though her Royal Guard. Ga'ran also knows about Inga's plans to get the founders Orb and do a coup. Since she wants to recover the Orb herself, she comes up with the plan to kill off Inga, and frame Dhurke for the crime, to have the triple whammy of getting rid of Inga, getting the orb, and help crush the rebels spirits. She hides Dhurke's body in Amara's tomb, and makes Inga believe that Maya is still in the tomb by having a guard dress up like her, along with believing Dhurke was not killed.

She soon infers what happens to Maya, when she find out Dhurke is supposedly alive in the United States. At this point she reaches to Amara for help to pulling off the full plan to frame Dhurke of Inga's murder.

Ga'ran at 2 sneaks into the tomb in Dhurke's outfit, and and stab's Inga. She then puts Dhurke's outfit back on Dhurke, unties the guard she left there, removes the Maya outfit from him, and leaves the tomb as if nothing happens. At 2:30 Amara channels Inga's Spirit in his room, dressed up in his outfit, with the expectation that Inga would simply believe he had a nightmare and rush back the tomb for the hostage exchange. This proved to be the correct assumption, and once he reached the tomb, Amara stopped channeling Inga and burned the outfit. At 2:45 when Maya channeling Dhurke came in, Amara hit her with the red magatama, to force the spirit to leave Maya. She then dressed her back up in her outfit, and tied her the chair. After that, she dressed as as Dhurke, made it look like he killed Inga, and waited until she heard the others come. Once she did, she quickly channeled Dhurke, to help pull off the framing.

While you're at it, explain why Inga wanted the founder's orb.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

The game sort of explains it. He needed to have spiritual power to have a claim the throne. He figured if he got the Orb and had its mystery revealed, he would be able to obtain spiritual powers and rule the nation.

Whats a bit amusing is that because he can't see people's faces, it would be impossible for him to channel spirits even if he had the ability, unless the Holy Mother's ghost can just come up with new rules.

We just have to assume Inga was a power hungry idiot. It seems he didn't know about Amara's situation or that Rayfa wasn't his daughter. He likely kept the photo of Amara knowing only that it was a picture of Rayfa's birth, not realizing it had Amara in it instead of Ga'ran.

I figure he wanted Rayfa to channel the founder so she would give him spiritual power, allowing him to become the king.

Or he wanted it to leverage against Ga'ran because if he publicly offered the orb to her and requested her do a channeling, it would expose that she has no power and thus not fit for the throne, defaulting it to Rayfa who is easy for Inga to manipulate.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really surprised we didn't get see what channeling the Holy Mother would do. I kind of expected Maya or Amara to channel her and give Rayfa the spiritual power she seems to be a bit lacking in so she could jump right into that queen role.

WaterAstro

It's too bad they missed an opportunity to call their sushi as burgers in Case 5.

All the references to the states just makes me laugh sometimes.

5szDc3c.jpg

I figure he wanted Rayfa to channel the founder so she would give him spiritual power, allowing him to become the king.

Or he wanted it to leverage against Ga'ran because if he publicly offered the orb to her and requested her do a channeling, it would expose that she has no power and thus not fit for the throne, defaulting it to Rayfa who is easy for Inga to manipulate.

Actually Maya, that's why he kidnapped her in the first place. Also as Minister of Justice and the King I'm pretty sure he would be able to know the Holy Mother's name by digging a little

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Actually Maya, that's why he kidnapped her in the first place. Also as Minister of Justice and the King I'm pretty sure he would be able to know the Holy Mother's name by digging a little

He kidnapped Maya originally only so he could force Phoenix to help him. He didn't know he required a Spirit Medium until he was told by Dhurke.

FStubbs

Grape juice

Objection! Grape juice isn't sour.

So, does Phoenix finally bang Maya this time around or not?

If Phoenix ever banged anybody, it was Ema between cases 2 and 3 of Apollo Justice. She was really, really looking forward to seeing him,and then she's SOOOOO much less cranky after she finally meets with him off screen.

I'm really surprised we didn't get see what channeling the Holy Mother would do. I kind of expected Maya or Amara to channel her and give Rayfa the spiritual power she seems to be a bit lacking in so she could jump right into that queen role.

I'm betting Rayfa will end up visiting Kurain village for some channeling training.

Re Inga - I'm assuming he was going to have Maya channel the Holy Mother somehow and then get the powers that way. Also, I think he knew full well Rayfa wasn't his biological daughter. He didn't care - he actually loved her anyway.

jackdoe

I thought Inga was always working for Ga'ran and that the coups charges were trumped up. Ga'ran just cut him loose once he became a liability.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I kinda predicted that Ga'ran would be the central villain towards the early part of Case 5, though I did have other expectations previously:

1. Ga'ran will be murdered, Inga was the main suspect, but Amara is the actual killer (coz of revenge and stuff)
2. Dhurke will be murdered, Inga was the main suspect, Ga'ran is the actual killer.
3. Ga'ran will be murdered, Dhurke was the main suspect, Inga was the killer.

For some reason, it became easy for me to predict AA games nowadays, usually the killer is the least person you'd expect.

I did have predict Behleeb was going to be killer, but at different intentions (which I didn't expect).

Makonero

I kinda predicted that Ga'ran would be the central villain towards the early part of Case 5, though I did have other expectations previously:

1. Ga'ran will be murdered, Inga was the main suspect, but Amara is the actual killer (coz of revenge and stuff)
2. Dhurke will be murdered, Inga was the main suspect, Ga'ran is the actual killer.

For some reason, it became easy for me to predict AA games nowadays, usually the killer is the least person you'd expect.

I did have predict Behleeb was going to be killer, but at different intentions (which I didn't expect).

I've been wondering lately, are games getting more predictable or am I getting better at predicting thanks to all of the games, movies, books, etc that I've consumed? I guessed that Bonny was actually twins because I saw that play out in a movie. I guessed prosopagnosia because of 999. Knowing the structure of Ace Attorney games (we're on game 6 after all!) just makes it that much easier. Hm.

NexusCell

I mean, they don't really try to hide it with the whole FF villain getup she gets.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I mean, they don't really try to hide it with the whole FF villain getup she gets.

Maybe they revealed her FF villain outfit way too early.

Then again, I did predict Ga'ran was the villain once I found out Inga was murdered.

I think AA games need to put more characters in who are innocent looking because it's easy to zoom in who the villains are. At least from what I've playing in Ace Attorney Investigations 2, the villains aren't that obvious.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

I think they actually telegraphed Ga'ran being the villain pretty early on. Whenever the first time you heard from Dhurke was (was that Case 3? perhaps that was Case 5). Anyway, whenever it was, Dhurke made some comment that made it seem like he really disliked Ga'ran, despite us not being given a reason yet to dislike her. Given that I figured Dhurke was going to be the good guy in the end and that Inga couldn't be the main villain since they made that obvious from the first time we saw him, that said to me that she was likely going to be the main, hidden villain.

Then again, I did predict Ga'ran was the villain once I found out Inga was murdered.

I think AA games need to put more characters in who are innocent looking because it's easy to zoom in who the villains are. At least from what I've playing in Ace Attorney Investigations 2, the villains aren't that obvious.

My memory is hazy on this, but I think I recall AA5's villain being basically a surprise until towards the end. At the very least, I wasn't suspecting that villain nearly as early as I did Ga'ran.

Actually I felt like aside from case 5, they were pretty good at concealing the real murderer (case 4 at least till Owen). Case 2 made me think Roger and Betty had a White and April relationship and then they subvert that in a nice way. Same with case 3, I was half-expecting Behleeb to be murderer of her husband, but the whole thing took me by surprise.

It's definitely better than AA5 that's for sure

edit: oops you're talking about the main villain and not just the murderers. In that case, yeah, Ga'ran was too obvious

NexusCell

Honestly, I think that it's fine if a game has a clear cut villain. von Karma in AA1 and Kristoph in AJ were all pretty much laid out as villains from the start, and most of the satisfaction was in outsmarting them.

Plus, Ga'ran's casual rewriting of laws and clear abuse of Rayfa once she was clearly made out the be the villain made it more satisfying to take her down then if the culprit was Amara. Sure it would be sort of a nice subversion, but I don't think it would be as fun to have someone surprising as the villain just for the sake of being surprising.

I was thinking that case 4 is the first one in the series where only characters created by the new team appear. Maybe it was a way to show that they can stand on their own feet even without Takumi's characters :')

daxgame

welp, the title of this thread gave me false hope for some kind of grandioso event in chapter 5, but there was nothing of the like :/. I was expecting something like X dies (not Dhurke lol) or something as big anyway.

I posted my impressions here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217346733&postcount=1258

I'm happy to read that some other people enjoyed the game at least, it means they must have done something right.
Unfortunately it didn't work too much for me... not to the point of "money back!11" obviously but I still feel it's the weakest entry in the series. I have played them all again after a few years and found it surprisingly enjoyable despite knowing the culprits, I had forgotten so much (which is good!). But this game, hmmm, I'm not sure I'll play it ever again...

I was thinking that case 4 is the first one in the series where only characters created by the new team appear. Maybe it was a way to show that they can stand on their own feet even without Takumi's characters :')

well then I guess that now we know for sure that they can't

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Stayed up waaaaaay too late last night and I don't have enough time to type out my full thoughts on the game (maybe later), but one thing I wanted to mention was how I felt like Amara was filling a similar role to Iris in AA3 where she wasn't technically the criminal but did in-fact aid the criminal. Only difference being she wasn't thrown in jail for it for reasons. I guess being a virtual goddess helps. XD

Pompadour

I thought the game was great, better than AA5. I really enjoyed Case 4 for some reason, perhaps the no Investigation Day and being briskly paced. Case 5 was next level bonkers although I felt like I figured out 80% of how the case was going to play out prior, though. However, I assumed that Inga was dead the entire time (which is why a voice changer was needed for that phone call) and the Queen was luring Dhurke back to be the Patsy. I also toyed with the idea that if Nanya was Amara (which I got pegged correctly) that maybe Nanya had been channeling Inga for a days or weeks (I knew the refrigerated tomb would lead to someone dying prior to AJ's arrival but I didn't know how long refrigeration can offset the time of death).

I really liked the Queen as the final prosecutor/killer and was delighted when she transformed. I know there's people here who hate the transformations but I absolutely adore them. The transformations/over-the-top breakdowns are like 80% of why I play these games.

Honestly, I think that it's fine if a game has a clear cut villain. von Karma in AA1 and Kristoph in AJ were all pretty much laid out as villains from the start, and most of the satisfaction was in outsmarting them.

Plus, Ga'ran's casual rewriting of laws and clear abuse of Rayfa once she was clearly made out the be the villain made it more satisfying to take her down then if the culprit was Amara. Sure it would be sort of a nice subversion, but I don't think it would be as fun to have someone surprising as the villain just for the sake of being surprising.

I feel more like there's a huge difference between these two and Ga'ran. They're presented in a more elegant way. You know both of them are pieces of shit, but they're just really good attorneys (with a bit of a psycho side). Ga'ran on the other hand goes full Maleficent in a super over-the-top way just 2 minutes into the trial, I kept rolling my eyes every time she said anything at all. I feel like even both AAI villains were waaay better written than Ga'ran, so was AA5's villain.

What I mean I guess it's not just about it being obvious but about it being uninspired and uninteresting, they pushed her gimmick waaay too hard

Top Bottom