• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adult Swim Survivor (Harvey Birdman Wins!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
Round 2 Vote:

Squidbillies.

It seemed like the last of a round of cartoons made specifically in that style with specifically that humor and by the time it was made was so derivative that the novelty of the humor was gone.

Ponn

Banned
Yep, their show is designed to attract people who understand their brand of comedy AND furiously piss off people that don't get it to the point they can't shut up about how much they hate it, which in turn makes other people have to see it for themselves.

Tim & Eric are a lot smarter than people think.

This is perhaps why i hate Tim and Eric the most. The "you just dont get it" like it is some huge leap in comedy and some meta shit. Its not.

Talamius

This is perhaps why i hate Tim and Eric the most. The "you just dont get it" like it is some huge leap in comedy and some meta shit. Its not.

Ding ding ding. It's not hated because people don't get it. It's hated because it's just bad.

Edit: Tried to edit, ended up with a DP. Bloops.

I don't there's an element of superiority in "getting" Tim and Eric - I "get it" in that it makes me laugh, but I can absolutely see why it would turn people off. They're not exactly going for a broad audience, and that's fine.

marrec

Banned
Ding ding ding. It's not hated because people don't get it. It's hated because it's just bad.

Edit: Tried to edit, ended up with a DP. Bloops.

I don't know a lot of people that necessarily HATE Tim and Eric. I know a lot of people who don't agree with the praise it gets from a very vocal minority, but it's not so offensively bad that it's hated.

Is Apathyed a word?

Biff

J7BMq.gif

Bye bye thread. 32 of you people objectively have zero taste.

I mean, if you really hate T&E, then the only logical choice is to vote out TGTTM first because that is a lower quality product with a much more polarizing production style. But you didn't because you are dumb.

marrec

Banned
J7BMq.gif

Bye bye thread. 31 of you people objectively have zero taste.

I mean, if you really hate T&E, then the only logical choice is to vote out TGTTM first because that is a lower quality product with a much more polarizing production style.

I actually enjoyed TGTTM way more than T&E. Besides, this is ostensibly the 15 BEST Adult Swim shows. So it's not like we've just voted a steaming piece of shit.

Unless you consider anything worse than Robot Chicken to be a steaming piece of shit.

Which I do.

Dicer

Banned
J7BMq.gif

I mean, if you really hate T&E, then the only logical choice is to vote out TGTTM first because that is a lower quality product with a much more polarizing production style. But you didn't because you are dumb.

Taking your ball and going home because people have different opinions?

I love RC but I'm not all pissy cause people are down on it, it's just not for them.

Ponn

Banned
I don't know a lot of people that necessarily HATE Tim and Eric. I know a lot of people who don't agree with the praise it gets from a very vocal minority, but it's not so offensively bad that it's hated.

Is Apathyed a word?

Its the type of humor that appeals to high college students. The superiority part happens whens its a pretentious college student.

And yes i hate Tim and Eric, all their shows. TGTM had a sort of story going but it was that same stupid absurd for the sake of being absurd then milked and strangled to death humor. I hate their shows because they took precious time slots away for better shows, like Sea Lab.

It doesnt matter anymore its gone now, its gone. We are safe again.

octobot

Its the type of humor that appeals to high college students. The superiority part happens whens its a pretentious college student.

And yes i hate Tim and Eric, all their shows. TGTM had a sort of story going but it was that same stupid absurd for the sake of being absurd then milked and strangled to death humor. I hate their shows because they took precious time slots away for better shows, like Sea Lab.

This sums it up nicely. Tim and Eric seem to capitalize on the "humor" of people being awkward, in my opinion it's just not funny . Also opinions differ, no reason to hate those who disagree with you.

Judging by the voting and replies, seems that people either really like Tim and Eric or hate it. Put me in the former camp I love the karaoke segments and cinco products adverts.

vulva

I'm glad that 12 oz mouse is just accepted as being above all these other shows and it's a fight for 2nd place.

Vote goes to Robot Chicken

Raxus

J7BMq.gif

With the exception of Tom Goes to the Mayor I actually don't mind or love most of the shows on the list. That said some are obviously going to get voted off and TGTTM was doomed to be the first one knocked off since it was a show comprised mostly of injokes and experimental comedy most people don't 'get'. Squidbillies is an acquired taste as well. It is going to get really ugly when we get to the top 10.

Sanjuro

Round 1 is over, Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job gets the boot with 32 out of 84 votes.

gQGXRWN.jpg

Round 2, vote for your least favorite show among those below and I'll tally up the votes in about 24 hrs.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
The Boondocks
The Brak Show
Childrens Hospital
Frisky Dingo
Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
Metalocalypse
Robot Chicken
Sealab 2021
Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Squidbillies
Superjail!
Tom Goes to the Mayor
The Venture Bros.

The Boondocks.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Round 1 is over, Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job gets the boot with 32 out of 84 votes.

gQGXRWN.jpg

Round 2, vote for your least favorite show among those below and I'll tally up the votes in about 24 hrs.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
The Boondocks
The Brak Show
Childrens Hospital
Frisky Dingo
Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
Metalocalypse
Robot Chicken
Sealab 2021
Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Squidbillies
Superjail!
Tom Goes to the Mayor
The Venture Bros.

Fuck the Brak Show...annoying main character and not nearly as funny or endearing as people like to think.

Bread

Banned
Everyone should just vote Tom Goes to the Mayor now so we can get the #1 and #2 best AS shows ever out of the way.

Khezu

Stop voting for squidbillies! :(

I feel like one of very few people who think its funny. Granted it didn't click for me until the second season but still!

It's amazing.

It didn't click for me for awhile, in fact I fucking hated the show for the longest time, then IDK, I watched one episode, the sexual predator episode and I thought it was really funny, then I started watching the show all the time, and enjoyed even the episodes I used to hate.

Also the dude who voices Urley, Unknown Hinson is pretty great.

Tim and Eric are already eliminated?

0fSpoac.jpg

Ya blew it, GAF.

Then again, the hate for Tim and Eric is what makes their skits even better.

Anyway, my pick to be booted off AS Island is: Childrens Hospital. The episodes I've seen just seemed like those really forced, lame Funny or Die skits that people from the Daily Show/SNL tend to make (which makes sense, since Rob Corddry is the main writer/producer). Also, the show seems like an excuse for guys, like Corddry, to work with attractive girlies all day. At least, Robot Chicken was originally somewhat funny.

Raxus

Anyway, my pick to be booted off AS Island is: Childrens Hospital. The episodes I've seen just seemed like those really forced, lame Funny or Die skits that people from the Daily Show/SNL tend to make (which makes sense, since Rob Corddry is the main writer/producer). Also, the show seems like an excuse for guys, like Corddry, to work with attractive girlies all day. At least, Robot Chicken was originally somewhat funny.

Uh, those attractive ladies are comedians and most everyone involved is part of the Upright Citizens Brigade comedy troupe. Amy Poehler, Adam Scott, and a bunch of the Parks and Rec crew are part of it as well. If you watch a bunch of comedies you will see these people pop up over and over again.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Squidbillies

I personally really like Tom Goes To The Mayor. It has a lot of great skits and gags and humor.

I know it won't make it far here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom