• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2017 |OT| Big Trouble in Little China starring David Koch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Really? You thought that was a good game? Is it just because it was kinda close-ish? I thought it was complete tripe replete with incredibly poor umpiring.

I've watched 3 games of AFL so far this season and all were complete horse shit. Thumbs down from me.

Chuck is a yank that moved over to Australia, so AFL is new to him.

Rezbit

Chuck is a yank that moved over to Australia, so AFL is new to him.

Damn, I was just saying to my GF "Imagine explaining this bullshit to someone from overseas, you can punch the ball into the opposition goals but sometimes it's on purpose which you can't do but if the man in fluro says it's on purpose you can't but if he doesn't you're okay!".

fisheyes

I thought it was a good game and I've followed footy all my life. Umpiring has been shit that entire time too, its nothing new.

Rezbit

I thought it was a good game and I've followed footy all my life. Umpiring has been shit that entire time too, its nothing new.

Sorry man, but I have also followed footy my whole life. Now more than ever it is open to interpretation. In the early days the players were amateur and the umps were too. Now the players are clearly light years ahead of the umpires, and they're still amateur. Picken had his arms up before the ump even made the deliberate call, even though he was chasing the guy! Ridiculous.

fisheyes

Sorry man, but I have also followed footy my whole life. Now more than ever it is open to interpretation. In the early days the players were amateur and the umps were too. Now the players are clearly light years ahead of the umpires, and they're still amateur. Picken had his arms up before the ump even made the deliberate call, even though he was chasing the guy! Ridiculous.

These points are all legit, and I agree with them, but it didn't detract from this being a good game.

legend166

These points are all legit, and I agree with them, but it didn't detract from this being a good game.

I mean Rez is a Swans fan so it's harder to look past the poor umpiring. When you're a neutral and the game is still good, the crappy umpiring sort of adds to the theatre of it.

When you're supporting the team getting screwed, not so much.

Wessie

Banned
Too many rules in place to umpire the game well. I feel for the umpires. Reduce the amount of rules and make the rules less open to interpretation.

BunnyBear

Really? You thought that was a good game? Is it just because it was kinda close-ish? I thought it was complete tripe replete with incredibly poor umpiring.

I've watched 3 games of AFL so far this season and all were complete horse shit. Thumbs down from me.

Yawn. Go watch league and leave the hysterics out of this thread.

I mean Rez is a Swans fan so it's harder to look past the poor umpiring. When you're a neutral and the game is still good, the crappy umpiring sort of adds to the theatre of it.

When you're supporting the team getting screwed, not so much.

31-18 free kicks it was like what 20-6 at one point? Plus those gift goals against aliir and against mills, then the non calls on the swans. Really affected momentum especially the one against mills.

The swans were already down a rotation with Tippett and missing Heeney, Rampe, McVeigh, Papley and Rohan, in the end looked like a match that was 25 against 21, I don't understand why there are different interpretations of holding the ball/man for the swans and for the dogs.

I was happy to see a few glimpses of team brilliance and happy for reid finally breaking out of his shell.

Rezbit

Lotta salt itt

Oh yeah, I'm self-aware enough to know I'm having a huge whinge (even more so because it feels like my team is getting screwed). It's just frustrating as the game at its best is one of the greatest spectator sports going, but then in the worst cases the game can be interrupted by umpiring every 2 minutes or so. It really breaks the flow of the game and saps my enjoyment, which sucks. I hope they can turn it around.

Can't go to the showdown for reasons but it'll be a great game. Is it live on free-to-air?

nm just redeemed my 1mth trial of foxtel play so I'll get it anyway

Aah so I wasted a week of my trial. Oh well, no ads is better.

I think it will be a very close match, hoping Power can ride the momentum for a win.

Guffers

The AFL website just announced the release date for AFL Evolution(the videogame) which is May 5th for PS4 and Xbone, with the Steam version coming sometime after - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-06/afl-evolution-set-for-may-release

Please don't suck...

I haven't played an AFL game since the PS1 days. I still have my disc copy of AFL Live 97 lying around somewhere. Complete with authentic Channel 7 broadcast presentation.

What are the chances this is even halfway decent? Is it possible on the tiny budget this studio was no doubt on.

I haven't played an AFL game since the PS1 days. I still have my disc copy of AFL Live 97 lying around somewhere. Complete with authentic Channel 7 broadcast presentation.

What are the chances this is even halfway decent? Is it possible on the tiny budget this studio was no doubt on.

0% chance. But I can't wait.

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday April 7th
Sydney vs. Collingwood @ The SCG

Saturday April 8th
North Melbourne vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Blundstone Arena
Richmond vs. West Coast @ The MCG
Geelong vs. Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium
Port Adelaide vs. Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval
Fremantle vs. Western Bulldogs @ Domain Stadium

Sunday April 9th
St Kilda vs. Brisbane @ Etihad Stadium
Carlton vs. Essendon @ The MCG
Gold Coast vs. Hawthorn @ Metricon Stadium

Round 3 Teams

Only talk caught the last part of the last quarter on Tele so missed most of the rubbish. The lady few minutes had me in the edge of my seat, watching buddy strut the ball up hoping he'd get it and then send it home from 60. Oh well.

Fuck me that was a tense 2nd half.

Collingwoods first Q was huge, and finally getting the pressure back. Set shot kicking was poor still.

The win will get the media of Buck's back this week, but the team need to back this up nextweek.

Zushin

Great game. Feel a bit sorry for the Swans to be honest, think they've had a fairly bad run with umpiring this week and last week. Still, thrilling match!

Great game. Feel a bit sorry for the Swans to be honest, think they've had a fairly bad run with umpiring this week and last week. Still, thrilling match!

Were they really hard done by this week? You could argue about the leaving the mark decision but come on. They are just playing bad footy and got beaten by a team that is playing slightly less shit footy.

AxeMan

Were they really hard done by this week? You could argue about the leaving the mark decision but come on. They are just playing bad footy and got beaten by a team that is playing slightly less shit footy.

Yeah, I agree. I didn't see anything that was wrong. In fact they got away with a lot of incorrect disposals in the 2nd half (all that I saw).
I really thought they'd win in the end, especially after they got in front. Collingwood really tackled well and stopped the Swans from running.

Swans have issues in the midfield. Apart from Kennedy and Hannebery (last night) they're really struggling getting the ball to clean space

EVO

You could argue about the leaving the mark decision but come on.

Not a Swans supporter, but I honestly thought that was one of the worst umpiring decisions I've seen in my life. Jones looked he was just carrying momentum from the mark.

legend166

Yeah wasn't too fussed about the umpiring.

Our problem was our first quarter which was honestly the worst I've seen us play in a long, long time. It was like the 2014 GF, except at least then it was a big pressure game against an all time great side, instead of a round 3 game at home against an average Collingwood side.

Anyway, no reason to panic too much yet. With the week off before the finals top 4 is no where near as important so just need to worry about getting in the 8. And we had 9 players with under 15 games experience.

Grassy

I agree. Franklin had a very average 250th game with no goals and they still only lost by 1 point.

jambo

Did a double take at the score just before.

Definitely going to watch that replay. Have to see it for myself.

legend166

Worst start we've had since I started following the Swans, which is close to 20 years now. Sorta shows how good we've had it.

The frustrating thing is we've been in all four games with a chance to win. The logical answer is it's hard for such a young team to run out games but at the same time it's been some of our senior players just playing really dumb football. The turn overs last night were so painful.

Worst start we've had since I started following the Swans, which is close to 20 years now. Sorta shows how good we've had it.

The frustrating thing is we've been in all four games with a chance to win. The logical answer is it's hard for such a young team to run out games but at the same time it's been some of our senior players just playing really dumb football. The turn overs last night were so painful.

The Swans turnovers killed them. At one stage in the 3rd Q Fox Footy had a graphic with scores from turnovers and the Eagles had like 52 points with 42 of them from turnovers.

Some times teams just have poor luck in close games and lose them all. and then it seems like the next season they win all the close games.

Crows got dis on lock. Its theirs to lose.

No team can keep up with them over four quarters. They are fast yet very physical and don't rely on a couple of players.

Still missing a few good players too: Thompson, Jenkins, McGovern and Cheney and Seedsman would get a run in most other teams.

Im happy I got them to win the flag @ $7 last week. They are now down to $4.25.

Dommo

Crows got dis on lock. Its theirs to lose.

No team can keep up with them over four quarters. They are fast yet very physical and don't rely on a couple of players.

Still missing a few good players too: Thompson, Jenkins, McGovern and Cheney and Seedsman would get a run in most other teams.

Im happy I got them to win the flag @ $7 last week. They are now down to $4.25.

Hopefully they don't bring Thompson back. He's too slow to run with our team at this point. Getting Brad Crouch back in the game is what I'm looking forward to.

Hopefully they don't bring Thompson back. He's too slow to run with our team at this point. Getting Brad Crouch back in the game is what I'm looking forward to.

I agree Thompson is too slow but he is good back up if needed.

If B.Crouch lived up to his talent, the crows midfield would be crazy good with him, sloane, rat as the in and under midfielders giving it to hampton, cameron, mckay etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom