• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PS4 + TLoU + Bloodborne + $20 gift card for $399

How can you pass up this deal if you don't have a PS4 yet?

I haven't played TLOU yet either so it's pefect

It's a great deal, and you will love TLOU...Protip, play it with headphones on and the lights out...

If you love story driven games, with some Acton and stealth gameplay, this will be your cup of tea... It has arguably the best opening 10-15 minutes of a game.. Really sets the story and the tone..

Carm

Damnit heh. I've been holding out picking up a PS4 till more games were out but this deal was to tempting. I didn't have enough to cover the cost in the bank though until next week, so I applied for that Visa card to see if I'd get approved, which I didn't expect to. Well, I was approved so knocked another $30.00 off the bundle, total shipped was $397.96. Hopefully the noise won't bother me to much.

Is it true you can just plug in any usb headset(mine is a logitech chat one with mic) and it will give you stereo sound+mic working?

Ricky_R

Is it true you can just plug in any usb headset(mine is a logitech chat one with mic) and it will give you stereo sound+mic working?

Nevermind, I misread.

Though you were talking about the controller headphone jack which lets you plug in any headphones for audio.

gtj1092

Who other than Amazon has a Bloodborne bundle in the US? I googled it but only Amazon comes up. Just an assumption on my part, but so far neither of their bundles has performed well at all, which leads me to believe the game is selling incredibly well to those of us with PS4s, but isn't doing much in the way of selling consoles. The original bundle was ranked in the 500s. The new bundle climbed into the 200s and then fell back to 300.

The bundle is #300, which begs the question - why on earth would you buy a new PS4 right now and not select the bundle? Even if you don't care about Souls games, you'd be able to sell it for about 45 dollars and also get 20 dollars in Amazon credit.

That's not how amazon made bundles work. There is a ranking listed but the sales count towards the individual items. You'll notice that when each bundle was introduced the basic ps4 SKU and regular bloodborne went up in the rankings. Also remember when the did the xb1 bundle with the controller all of sudden the x1 controller shot up the chart. Weird I know.

N.Domixis

Banned
Das it mang, blood borne is up to 2 on amazon and rising! Sony open your check books, hire new employees and turn all your WWS into souls factories!

Boke1879

Das it mang, blood borne is up to 2 on amazon and rising! Sony open your check books, hire new employees and turn all your WWS into souls factories!

I have NEVER seen a game at 2 on the amazon hourly charts post release at anytime of the day. Like it has been stated before. Word of mouth is going to do this game so fucking well.

labaronx

Bloodborne is performing better than i and alot of people expected.

Mlb 15 releases Tuesday and with positive feedback it could prove further substantial for sony and the ps4

splattered

Damn you Gaf... i'm officially a PS4 owner now. Will get everything this next Tuesday w Prime shipping.

It was sort of weird though, in scrolling through all of the available games not much stood out to me as must haves.. TLOU and Bloodborne have been the two I've wanted this whole time.

For me previous gen was 360 and PS3 both, with PS3 pretty much exclusively used for exclusives. At this point assuming will largely be the same this gen with a few single player exceptions like MGSV and Witcher 3? Maybe.

Hoping I get the $20 Amazon credit within the next few days so I can use it to buy a year of PSN. Don't want to miss out on current PSN freebies!

malts

Is there any indication of when this bundle will end? How long have past bundles hung around? I have a gift card that will be active on Monday that I'd love to apply, but if this bundle is super limited I may just buy now.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Is there any indication of when this bundle will end? How long have past bundles hung around? I have a gift card that will be active on Monday that I'd love to apply, but if this bundle is super limited I may just buy now.

Buy now and contact CS later? Amazon CS has always been great for me.

I wouldn't take that chance if you really want it unless you never plan to shop on Amazon again.

malts

Buy now and contact CS later? Amazon CS has always been great for me.

Yeah good point, I've never really dealt with their CS but always hear great things.

I wouldn't take that chance if you really want it unless you never plan to shop on Amazon again.

Yeah true, I'm in the market for some new headphones as well and if I buy the PS4, I'll need some more games.

Thanks guys, looks like I'll finally be diving into the current generation!

Roommate has just converted.

Dark Souls was his favorite game last gen. He bought a PS4 and canceled his XBL subscription. He's full blown PS4 and Wii U right now.

He jumped on this deal.

Derpyduck

Banned

Since New Years Amazon US has had a new weekly PS4 special. Each one has lasted a week.

Stop it, GAF. Stop it now.

Do you have any idea how many hours of discussion I went into last week when Bloodborne came out talking about the consequences of buying a PS4 (finances)? MANY. And then you have the nerve to throw this at me after I avoided potential disaster? The nerve!

... I'm dead inside. I want to buy this so bad but I need to keep saving money, hah. Great deal though... definitely... a great... deal... mmm...

Stop it, GAF. Stop it now.

Do you have any idea how many hours of discussion I went into last week when Bloodborne came out talking about the consequences of buying a PS4 (finances)? MANY. And then you have the nerve to throw this at me after I avoided potential disaster? The nerve!

... I'm dead inside. I want to buy this so bad but I need to keep saving money, hah. Great deal though... definitely... a great... deal... mmm...

Yeah... I told myself to wait for a good deal, secretly hoping one would never come..

I said, I'm an adult now, I can't justify this purchase... Well, I still can't justify it.. I'm just going to have to make twice the credit card payment and to stretch existing funds even further. Must punish myself while simultaneously enjoying Bloodborne

YuShtink

Fuck, I couldn't help myself.

Was going to hold out until Uncharted 4 but truthfully I doubt I'd be able to get a much better deal for one then anyway, considering I was absolutely going to pick up Bloodborne once I got a PS4 regardless. Almost caved on a PS4 + Bloodborne without the bundle...

TLOU Remaster is nice because I only ever borrowed the original from a friend (he still has barely played the game himself wtf), and ended up regretting not buying it because once I beat it I didn't want to give it back. I was totally down for another play-through then, and that was almost 2 years ago.

The extra $20 back in credit is icing on the cake. Feeling guilty, but not too guilty.

Loudninja

Fuck, I couldn't help myself.

Was going to hold out until Uncharted 4 but truthfully I doubt I'd be able to get a much better deal for one then anyway, considering I was absolutely going to pick up Bloodborne once I got a PS4 regardless. Almost caved on a PS4 + Bloodborne without the bundle...

TLOU Remaster is nice because I only ever borrowed the original from a friend (he still has barely played the game himself wtf), and ended up regretting not buying it because once I beat it I didn't want to give it back. I was totally down for another play-through then, and that was almost 2 years ago.

The extra $20 back in credit is icing on the cake. Feeling guilty, but not too guilty.
Welcome brother. :)

Gurish

Bundle is still in stock? quite surprising with a deal like that, is it not selling too well or do they have a huge stock of it?

Javin98

Banned
Bundle is still in stock? quite surprising with a deal like that, is it not selling too well or do they have a huge stock of it?
I'm pretty sure it was sold out for a while yesterday but it was replenished. Not sure if it sold out again today.

J. Bravo

Am I not seeing bloodborne as part of the bundle because I'm on mobile? I want this but if I have to get out of bed is probably not happening with this hangover

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

Its not a real bundle, they would have to sell out of the game and console unless they limited the quantity.

sense

Am I not seeing bloodborne as part of the bundle because I'm on mobile? I want this but if I have to get out of bed is probably not happening with this hangover
You have to select the edition or something in a drop down menu on mobile

Its not a real bundle, they would have to sell out of the game and console unless they limited the quantity.

Sony is probably dictating the number of people that can buy this "bundle". I bet once it hits that number, it will be listed as out of stock.

Tfault

For those interested UK has a pretty decent offer at

Tesco Direct

Tesco Direct

PS4 (black or white) + Bloodborne + 1 other game for £349.00

Other games:

DriveClub
Dark Souls II
The Last of Us Premastered
The Order 1886

Amazon UK

Amazon

PS4 White or Black + Bloodborne + The Order 1886 £344.99

Offers valid until 9th April

Travo

Yesterday, I bought a TLoU bundled PS4 off of Walmart.com for $399 and CoD, plus an extra Dual Shock 4 were included.

vermadas

Damn do I love Amazon CS. A couple weeks ago I purchased a used PS4 off of Amazon warehouse deals with some credit I had built up. Played some Resogun, got a used copy of Driveclub and played a couple races. Driveclub froze and crashed once but I didn't think much of it. Picked up Bloodborne and started playing that, and was having tons of issues with the console freezing up and rebooting or kicking me to the dash with an error. I couldn't even finish the opening sequence after creating my character. I ended up re-initializing the console firmware from scratch and rebuilding the DB. It seemed better; I was actually able to play the game! But about 1/4 times the game went into a long load it would never come back. I also would occasionally get strange graphic glitches like missing floor textures. I managed to get as far as killing the first boss, but decided I'd have to send back the PS4 since it was obviously defective somehow (probably a bad HDD).

Yesterday I saw this bundle deal go up. I called Amazon's CS and explained that I wanted to return my PS4 and get a refund, but I want to use my refunded credit for the bundle deal. I was worried that the bundle was a limited offer or would sell out before they processed my refund and asked the rep if there was something they could do. She said the best they could do was prioritize my refund right away and take care of it now. Though she said it could still take up to 24 hours to process. So I was worried. But after only a few hours the credit showed up. So now I can replace my used defective PS4 with a new one, and sell my extra copy of Bloodborne and TLoU to help make up the difference. Hooray!

Just sucks I'll have to wait a few more days to get back into Bloodborne...

Damn do I love Amazon CS. A couple weeks ago I purchased a used PS4 off of Amazon warehouse deals with some credit I had built up. Played some Resogun, got a used copy of Driveclub and played a couple races. Driveclub froze and crashed once but I didn't think much of it. Picked up Bloodborne and started playing that, and was having tons of issues with the console freezing up and rebooting or kicking me to the dash with an error. I couldn't even finish the opening sequence after creating my character. I ended up re-initializing the console firmware from scratch and rebuilding the DB. It seemed better; I was actually able to play the game! But about 1/4 times the game went into a long load it would never come back. I also would occasionally get strange graphic glitches like missing floor textures. I managed to get as far as killing the first boss, but decided I'd have to send back the PS4 since it was obviously defective somehow (probably a bad HDD).

Yesterday I saw this bundle deal go up. I called Amazon's CS and explained that I wanted to return my PS4 and get a refund, but I want to use my refunded credit for the bundle deal. I was worried that the bundle was a limited offer or would sell out before they processed my refund and asked the rep if there was something they could do. She said the best they could do was prioritize my refund right away and take care of it now. Though she said it could still take up to 24 hours to process. So I was worried. But after only a few hours the credit showed up. So now I can replace my used defective PS4 with a new one, and sell my extra copy of Bloodborne and TLoU to help make up the difference. Hooray!

Just sucks I'll have to wait a few more days to get back into Bloodborne...

Cool CS Story, I'm glad you are getting the best experience out of it and you also get $20 Amazon credit out of it.

P.S:That's one more sale for Sony to count up since it's a new console instead of the used one you bought lol

NastyBook

Tlpi2TQ.gif
LMFAO!

Saving that one.

splattered

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to use the $20 Amazon credit on PSN subscriptions... the $20 is only applicable towards the purchase of an item sold and shipped directly by Amazon.

I got an e-mail this morning saying that they deposited the $20 onto my Amazon account so I logged in to buy the 1 year PSN. Sold by SCEA... no go. NO!

Went ahead and signed up for a 14 day trial so I didn't lose out on Oddworld as the free PS4 game this month. Added everything currently Free in March for PS4, PS3, Vita to the cart on their actual website and it looks like the games were purchased ok? Says they will show up in my downloads section on each system.

Do I have to actually own a PS4 to get the PSN games or will they pop up in my downloads when I get the system Tuesday or set it all up? Xbox allows for that... hopefully Sony does too.

I've had a PS3 since 2007 but never actually used PSN so I don't fully know how their free games system works.

Top Bottom