• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: ? |OT| We know nothing about this season

Also not liking this season and for me it's gone like this:
- First few eps fairly meh
- Episode 6 interesting twist and keen to see where it goes
- Eps 7 & 8 garbage

With only two to go, I'm way too invested from a time point of view to not at least see how it ends.

I can see the point of "too invested wanna see how it ends" but from your list you've only enjoyed(?) one episode out of the season, and you slogged through five hours of something you weren't really enjoying to get there, with an additional two hours after that.

I'm a completionist so I can understand the desire to see something through to the end once you've invested a decent chunk of time into it, I just don't see how, when you don't like something after the first few episodes, let alone five, you can continue to force yourself through it. And then to come here week after week and complain about how awful each episode is and how you just can't wrap your head around how anyone else could possibly glean enjoyment from it (not you specifically but there are a number of people who do this) it just doesn't make sense to me. If I'm watching a show with hour-long episodes and the first few don't grab me I drop it. There's so many other games and TV shows and movies and other things to do with our time instead of punishing ourselves by watching something we hate and then going online to not just complain to others about how you don't like it week after week but also constantly remind them that you can't understand how they like it.

Edit: Agghhhh top of the page'd complaining about people complaining. Good grief.

It's already been asked but why on earth do you continue to watch something you clearly hate so much? We get it. You don't like this season. After every episode you're in here telling us how shitty it is and how you can't comprehend how anyone could possibly enjoy it. It's so tiresome. I get that it's a forum and it's meant for discussion but you're not spurring discussion, you just repeat the same thing every week "This is so bad. How can you people watch this" as you sit there inexplicably watching it yourself so you can come back when it's over and update us that you still hate it just as much as you did 40 minutes ago.

There are two episodes left in this season, I sincerely doubt it's suddenly gonna click for you. Just stop watching it. You've admitted you're forcing yourself through it. Why would someone do that? Your time is valuable, spend it doing something you enjoy?

Wanting to see it through. I have a hard time dropping things, especially when I've been watching them for years.

I'm pretty sure that OCDChewie thing was always shitting up the Hotel thread as well.

Sorry for sharing an opinion that's different than yours once a week.

BearPawB

Banned
I'm surprised at how many of you are disliking this season.

The twists have been hilarious. And it is the most consistent/focused season plot wise since season 1.

Razmos

I think my only problem with it at the moment is the found footage style. It was okay in the first return episode, since they were in the house, but since then they are having to constantly justify to the audience why they are filming it.
"Why is she filming herself?"
"Why are you filming this"
And they just make excuses about how "everyone has to see this"

Hell, Shelby had just cut her throat and Dominic ran forward, camera in hand and tried to the stop the flow of blood with one hand rather than just.. dropping the phone.
Not to mention they seem to have neverending batteries despite having the camera on at all times and the flashlight

I also think the monsters they have this season are really creepy, like the ghost in the tunnel and the grudge ghosts, and it's kinda ruined because of the style because you can't see shit.

If this was done in a normal style I'd probably be enjoying it a lot more

Monocle

Wanting to see it through. I have a hard time dropping things, especially when I've been watching them for years.

Sorry for sharing an opinion that's different than yours once a week.
It's interesting that you think a months-long chain of relentless grumbling is worth anybody's attention. Some opinions really aren't worth sharing, especially when your only engagement with the ongoing conversation is to repeat the same complaints.

Not that I mean to single you out. Other posters follow this pattern too.

Decider

I think I missed the Chens. I usually like found footage in horror but it feels like I'm missing some cool stuff (like the real Edward Mott) with the way that AHS is using it.

I LOVED the first episode of this season, but the last few episodes have been pretty bad and have struggled to hold my attention. I think I'm out. I'm not interested in any of these mysteries anymore, and I couldn't care less about any of these characters.

And I personally can't get over how lame the found footage BS is. I typically don't have a problem with it in movies, but something about it in this show is rubbing me the wrong way. The fact that these characters are still trying to film things while seconds away from being murdered is just too dumb for me.

I have nothing against the people who are enjoying this show, but it's just not for me.

Bladenic

Why would Lee do that tho. I get the butcher doing it originally but I don't really get why Lee would. Should've made that scene better and more elaborate.

Bladenic

YESSSS GET OWNED YOU BRITISH BITCH

Not that I find it plausible she would've remained alive or had the strength to crawl up a ladder. But whatever, SHE DEAD AF

Wait, what's gonna happen in the final episode tho

OrionX

Well that was interesting. I had a feeling Lee might be the one to survive, and that she might somehow be blamed for all the murders. That stake-burning part was pretty unpleasant to watch.

Lol at British Sarah Paulson getting taken out at the last second.

I really like how this season has come together. It feels like one of the more cohesive seasons to me, and I think the split in the middle helped keep things from getting stale. Really curious to see how things conclude for Lee.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Pretty decent - and brutal - conclusion to the second story arc. I was surprised that Lee was enchanted by the witch and went on a rampage, only to end up as the sole survivor. Really curious to see how things are wrapped up next week.

Stray observation: Most of the episodes this season have been awfully short - around 37 minutes long.

I know they use a lot of the same actors from season to season, but it kind of annoys me when they have one actor play different characters in the same season.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Pretty savage episode
I liked it

I wonder what is gonna be next

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I just can't keep my suspension of disbelief with the reality show. The reason The Blair Witch worked was because we never actually saw an apparition, but here they're walking and killing like it's totally normal.

Stray observation: Most of the episodes this season have been awfully short - around 37 minutes long.
Gotta stuff in those commercials.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I just can't keep my suspension of disbelief with the reality show. The reason The Blair Witch worked was because we never actually saw an apparition, but here they're walking and killing like it's totally normal.

Would have been a cool twist if the ghost were real but didn't actually do any killing and it was just the real people going crazy like lee and shelby did

It's definitely weird to see an FX/FXX show that doesn't routinely have an extended running time. For the first few weeks I kept waiting for my DVR schedule to be updated to the correct length, then I realized that it was just always going to be an hour long on the dot.

Top Bottom