• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: ? |OT| We know nothing about this season

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ive been out of the loop, what is this season about?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Gotta stuff in those commercials.

That's a lot of extra commercials though. People always complain about the amount of commercials that play during The Walking Dead, despite the fact that almost every episode ends up being around the same length as in previous seasons, yet no one's really mentioned it here. Perhaps most people don't notice because they just DVR it and skip the commercials?

I actually felt a little sick from that episode, that was fucking brutal.

Ive been out of the loop, what is this season about?

It's best if you don't know anything about it. It's a roller coaster ride of wtf.
I second this, you really, REALLY should go in blind. If you don't like the new format try to at least get through episode 6 because everything get turned on its head (but don't just skip to 6, there's a really tight focus this season so you need to watch it in order if you're gonna watch it at all). If you don't like it after that though my advice is to drop it.

I know you all hate me for my opinion, but I just watched the last episode and had some thoughts.
- I liked the introduction of the college kids. They were a nice breath of fresh air at first. But they got really annoying near the end.

- Them bringing the cops into the fray was necessary/good.

- Every scene with British Sarah Paulson and the women made me wish I was deaf and blind.

- Seeing them die was great, just because I hated listening to them so much.

- The intestines part was pretty cool

Overall, this is very possibly the worst season of TV I've ever watched.

I don't know why, but i fell really behind this season. I finally spent the last week catching up. This season has been amazing. So damned insane. The structure allowed them to just pile on the crazy without slowing down. It's been intense and never predictable. The last episode was just so damned over the top with the Cannibal Holocaust stuff. I honestly can't believe Ryan Murphy gets away with this stuff. Move over Hallie. Audrey Tindall is my AHS spirit animal now.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Move over Hallie. Audrey Tindall is my AHS spirit animal now.

coFpd3b.gif

Zleodm7.png

Bladenic

Pretty decent - and brutal - conclusion to the second story arc. I was surprised that Lee was enchanted by the witch and went on a rampage, only to end up as the sole survivor. Really curious to see how things are wrapped up next week.

Stray observation: Most of the episodes this season have been awfully short - around 37 minutes long.

Didn't people complain that Hotel episodes were too long and filled with useless padding? I guess in response they went really far in the other direction.

I wish the Matt/Shelby/Lee storyline would've still been the focus of the second half of the season. I cared more about them than Angela Bassett's completely useless and almost non-existent character and annoying ass faux British Sarah Paulson.

kirblar

Didn't people complain that Hotel episodes were too long and filled with useless padding? I guess in response they went really far in the other direction.

I wish the Matt/Shelby/Lee storyline would've still been the focus of the second half of the season. I cared more about them than Angela Bassett's completely useless and almost non-existent character and annoying ass faux British Sarah Paulson.
They went to the Slasher genre- it's not one that lends itself to longform.

Bladenic

They went to the Slasher genre- it's not one that lends itself to longform.

Right but it still would've been cooler for Shelby and Matt to have survived longer. Like them finding that tape of Lee confessing to killing her baby daddy would've have had more impact than Audrey and whatever her name was.

I'm very very very binterested in knowing what other TV shows you watch, that you would compare this to to call this "the worst".

Fargo
Mr. Robot
Quarry
Westworld
TWD
Fear the Walking Dead (It sucks: I only watch it because I've watched this much and it's related to TWD.)
Supernatural
Survivor
The Middle
The Big Bang Theory
Channel Zero: Candle Cove
Pitch
This is Us
Dateline NBC
48 Hours
Timeless
Travelers
The Amazing Race/Canada
Stranger Things
The Odd Couple
Frequency

These ones are new and not the best, but they're entertaining and I like the actors:

Kevin Can Wait
Man With a Plan

All-time favourites:

Six Feet Under
Breaking Bad
The X-Files
Friends
Everybody Loves Raymond
Seinfeld

I also watch other sitcoms late at night, like King of Queens, Frasier, Rules of Engagement and Two and a Half Men.

Better Things is another one I watched this year, but it was pretty bland until the end. Still much better than AHS, in all honesty. Also, Aftermath, which a lot of people hate and isn't anything special. But I like the idea behind it and it's better than expected.

.JayZii

Banned
Better than last week's, but I'm pretty blah on the whole season at this point. Spoilers in case people didn't see the next episode preview:
I love that even when Sarah Paulson dies, she gets to live until the last episode on AHS.

And what was with that garbage day-for-night filter they did for a that one scene?

"It's getting dark soon!" Lol bitch, no it ain't.

LaMagenta

Overall, this is very possibly the worst season of TV I've ever watched.[/QUOTE]

I agree...worst ever. I stopped watching aftera few episodes. I just couldn't.

Klocker

This is in no way scary.

It is just horrifyingly brutal.

Ridiculously brutal. Very little in the way of tense drama or "horror".

I will give it credit for being unique in the documentary, actor, real life plot line. A bit confusing but interesting.

Just don't understand why they need to be so God damned brutal.

Better than last week's, but I'm pretty blah on the whole season at this point. Spoilers in case people didn't see the next episode preview:
I love that even when Sarah Paulson dies, she gets to live until the last episode on AHS.

And what was with that garbage day-for-night filter they did for a that one scene?

"It's getting dark soon!" Lol bitch, no it ain't.

Where did the phone come from? I thought the army guy (from last season) told them that he was told not to bring his phone to the set? But they asked for a phone and started recording/zooming in at the Polks'.

Zoe

Where did the phone come from? I thought the army guy (from last season) told them that he was told not to bring his phone to the set? But they asked for a phone and started recording/zooming in at the Polks'.
They were all given phones without service.

The idea that this is the worst season of anything, even of this show, is so bizarre and disconnected from what I recognize as reality that I can't even process it.

Fargo
Mr. Robot
Quarry
Westworld
TWD
Fear the Walking Dead (It sucks: I only watch it because I've watched this much and it's related to TWD.)
Supernatural
Survivor
The Middle
The Big Bang Theory
Channel Zero: Candle Cove
Pitch
This is Us
Dateline NBC
48 Hours
Timeless
Travelers
The Amazing Race/Canada
Stranger Things
The Odd Couple
Frequency

These ones are new and not the best, but they're entertaining and I like the actors:

Kevin Can Wait
Man With a Plan

All-time favourites:

Six Feet Under
Breaking Bad
The X-Files
Friends
Everybody Loves Raymond
Seinfeld

I also watch other sitcoms late at night, like King of Queens, Frasier, Rules of Engagement and Two and a Half Men.

Better Things is another one I watched this year, but it was pretty bland until the end. Still much better than AHS, in all honesty. Also, Aftermath, which a lot of people hate and isn't anything special. But I like the idea behind it and it's better than expected.
Did you skip season 2 of The Walking Dead?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Shit man, not sure what's going on but FX has Jack Reacher on right now, and it ends at 8:30mst, then guardians of the galaxy is on after that. Doesn't this air in like 20 minutes?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Is that the other FX channel?

i don't think so. man this is the weirdest shit. it's saying it's coming on at 11:00pm for me, what the hell. time to call comcast.

edit: well shit, i guess it has always come on at 10:00pm MST. I've watched this season completely on demand. Wanted to see the finale as it aired with everyone else. bummer!

manakel

Overall, this is very possibly the worst season of TV I've ever watched.
Wholeheartedly agree. It's been painful to watch but I'd constantly feel like I was too far in to stop. Also to see if it could possibly get worse than it was the week prior, and somehow would always manage to be.

Let's see where this goes. Last week didn't capture me until the end maybe. I think the season started off promising but once the first "twist" happened in episode 6 it started to unravel in many ways.

Top Bottom