• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: ? |OT| We know nothing about this season

The finale was ok (I liked the very end), but overall the last half of the season ruined the first half for me. Getting all the original haunted members to go back to the house made everything stupidly unbelievable. Everyone running around taking selfies as they're murdered didn't help.

2>1>5>6>4>3 I think ...

It's getting harder and harder to rank them anymore, because the last few seasons have been so abysmal, but:

1 >>>>> 2 >>>>> 4 > 5 > 6

Still waiting for the Coven DVDs.

thought this season was a lot of fun. Surprise by the hate.

Its the one season where they took a lot of creative twists and had a lot of fun with the anthology format. Good fun, actual impact/consequences in an AHS.

Hotel. Season 1, 2 and this were entertaining

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumm...

I debated on that. Honestly, they're close in my opinion.

Freak Show had some interesting moments at the start, until it got really tedious and fizzled out due to nothing really happening. Its characters were also more interesting than the hotel guests and the emo romance, sex/seduction crap that littered Hotel.

Both sucked in the end.

OrionX

I debated on that. Honestly, they're close in my opinion.

Freak Show had some interesting moments at the start, until it got really tedious and fizzled out due to nothing really happening. Its characters were also more interesting than the hotel guests and the emo romance, sex/seduction crap that littered Hotel.

Both sucked in the end.

But Hotel gave us this:

tumblr_of3jdt2Tcj1sdgrjxo1_500.gif

Pure gold. ;)

To each their own. That didn't do much for me.

I don't like anything overly cheesy or so bad it's good, so that's probably why I don't like American Horror Story anymore. It's ventured into a realm of cheese that few TV shows I've watched have.

The first season was so different from these ones. They don't feel like the same show.

That's not to say AHS is so bad it's good either.

randome

This was a terrible season. I never got that creeped out feeling I get when watching these shows. It was just so cheesy and boring. The end made no sense. The plot sucked. Characters had no...character. Ah well.

The first season was so different from these ones. They don't feel like the same show.

The first season is still my favorite. It was so creepy/scary/fucked up. Plot made sense. Ugh with the crawl space reveal. :/

OrionX

I don't like anything overly cheesy or so bad it's good, so that's probably why I don't like American Horror Story anymore. It's ventured into a realm of cheese that few TV shows I've watched have.

I feel like it's a love it or hate it kinda thing. Ryan Murphy shows often tend to have a lot of campy elements and OTT characters. It's definitely an acquired taste. I guess I just love cheese. :p

EDIT: I found the perfect word for last season. It was a soap opera, not a horror show.

This was a terrible season. I never got that creeped out feeling I get when watching these shows. It was just so cheesy and boring. The end made no sense. The plot sucked. Characters had no...character. Ah well.

The first season is still my favorite. It was so creepy/scary/fucked up. Plot made sense. Ugh with the crawl space reveal. :/

I feel like I should've seen that coming.

I loved that season wholeheartedly, though. And didn't even get to see it until I was sent the Blu-ray.

I feel like it's a love it or hate it kinda thing. Ryan Murphy shows often tend to have a lot of campy elements and OTT characters. It's definitely an acquired taste. I guess I just love cheese. :p

Agreed. You guys have your taste and I have mine. I may say it sucks, but I don't condemn anyone for liking it. I'm just opinionated is all; though I understand that it's to each their own.

Some people like cheese.

kirblar

thought this season was a lot of fun. Surprise by the hate.

Its the one season where they took a lot of creative twists and had a lot of fun with the anthology format. Good fun, actual impact/consequences in an AHS.

Hotel. Season 1, 2 and this were entertaining
Yup. I personally go 2 > 5 > 6 > 1.

Achamian

Really enjoyed this season. I'd rank it up there with the best. Hotel > roanoke > asylum > murder house > freak show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> coven

I honestly thought this was one of the best season finales in this show, if not the best. Really liked that small moment of meta commentary about the two halves of the season (the Youtuber complaining about the abrupt tonal shift). I loved the interview with Lana Winters - it made me see Lee under a new perspective, which was the point. Loved the last half of the episode, with the new crew going over to the Roanoke house to investigate it. As a whole, the episode drove home one of the main points of the whole season: the destructiveness of celebrity culture. People know that the Roanoke house is dangerous, but they keep coming back. I thought it was nicely done and entertaining to watch.

Overall, this season is the strongest since season 2. It felt incredibly tight, well planned and satisfying.

But Hotel gave us this:

tumblr_of3jdt2Tcj1sdgrjxo1_500.gif

Pure gold. ;)

You know, that season wasn't exactly what I want from American Horror Story but as an Overall show/season i'd put it 3rd of this series.

This season had decent highs for me but the back end would be absolute bottom if Coven and FreakShow weren't PoS.

Monocle

I honestly thought this was one of the best season finales in this show, if not the best. Really liked that small moment of meta commentary about the two halves of the season (the Youtuber complaining about the abrupt tonal shift). I loved the interview with Lana Winters - it made me see Lee under a new perspective, which was the point. Loved the last half of the episode, with the new crew going over to the Roanoke house to investigate it. As a whole, the episode drove home one of the main points of the whole season: the destructiveness of celebrity culture. People know that the Roanoke house is dangerous, but they keep coming back. I thought it was nicely done and entertaining to watch.

Overall, this season is the strongest since season 2. It felt incredibly tight, well planned and satisfying.
Yeah, the finale was really good. Solid season overall.

To each their own. That didn't do much for me.

That's not to say AHS is so bad it's good either.

...that is literally what the show has ALWAYS BEEN. The main villain of the first season was a school shooter in a rubber gimp suit!

Caelestis

Mmmmm not sure how to feel about this season. It had some interesting ideas, but overall it was all just strange. With them changing things up so much at the end it really started to feel like the first 6 episodes have overstayed their welcome. Also not feeling how they are forcing old characters re-appear from previous season just for the sake of tying things up. If next season has freakshow stuff I am not sure if I'all bother with it.

jm89

Had no idea finn wittrock was even in this season, i don't even remember his character at all they could have found a better role for him.

Charcoal

Just finished the last episode, and my gf and I are so disappointed. So much buildup and then that ending...

What a disappointment.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I think all you people saying the back half was the worst part are crazy. That made the show for me. It was the kind of silly ridiculous fun that saved this season for me. The first half was just so... bland, and it doesn't help CROATOAN is my most hated horror cliche. The fact I was even able to enjoy large parts of this is a testament to how great that last half was.

Monocle

This season was so much better than the shitfest called Hotel with Gaga's terrible acting.
Oh, you mean the best season of the show? That season?

Gf and I thought it was one f the worst season/series finales ever on TV.
???????????

I thought the way it subverted show's standard format was highly entertaining. This thread proves that there's no pleasing some people.

Just watched the last episode and although I don't think it was a great last 20 minutes I thought the series as a whole was fantastic. Reminded me a lot of the first series and that one is my absolute favourite.

Loved the whole breaking of the fourth wall and meta stuff they had going on, plus there were some real moments of horror and crazy tension this series.

If its true next series is with the Freak Show cast then I think I'll give it a miss, gave up on that one after episode five.

Klocker

Oh, you mean the best season of the show? That season?

???????????

I thought the way it subverted show's standard format was highly entertaining. This thread proves that there's no pleasing some people.

We definitely gave them credit for changing up the way the story was told, that was indeed unique.

The finale was anti-climatic as all get out.

Unnecessary

I don't think I'm supposed to watch Coven.

They do marathons of every season on FX, but Coven. And, though I held the season at the library in the city nextdoor, they closed at an insane hour and were closed when I got there. I'm not driving back.

What kind of library closes at 5pm on a Wednesday?

kirblar

I don't think I'm supposed to watch Coven.

They do marathons of every season on FX, but Coven. And, though I held the season at the library in the city nextdoor, they closed at an insane hour and were closed when I got there. I'm not driving back.

What kind of library closes at 5pm on a Wednesday?
That is because it is bad.

This entire season was so fucking bizarre. I mean the show is always bizarre but this one was a bit too weird and random IMO. Like a bunch of different ideas or mixed together in a blender and tossed at the screen. Still entertaining though, mostly because I enjoyed watching all those actors ham it up.

Razmos

Finally caught up and finished. Fuck Flora, seriously. What a stupid little bitch. None of that shit would have happened if she had just stayed where she was supposed to and not fucked around with Priscilla. And that ending, with her smiling as she got her mother killed to protect a creepy ghost girl who didn't need protecting.

Seriously NONE of it would have happened, Shelby, Matt and Lee would have left as soon as creepy shit started happening if Flora hadn't gone missing.

So sick of kids being pains in horror media, just getting everyone killed because they are idiots and everyone protecting them like it's so important. It's frustrating. Let the damn kids die.

B-Dex

Finally caught up and finished. Fuck Flora, seriously. What a stupid little bitch. None of that shit would have happened if she had just stayed where she was supposed to and not fucked around with Priscilla. And that ending, with her smiling as she got her mother killed to protect a creepy ghost girl who didn't need protecting.

Seriously NONE of it would have happened, Shelby, Matt and Lee would have left as soon as creepy shit started happening if Flora hadn't gone missing.

So sick of kids being pains in horror media, just getting everyone killed because they are idiots and everyone protecting them like it's so important. It's frustrating. Let the damn kids die.

So did you cheer when her mom tried to smear her as a crazy psychopath that couldn't possibly have seen her mom kill her dad with a rock and try to blame it on a ghost lynch mob?

B9bwbTl.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Did they ever explain the breathing earth or the rain of teeth?

Embellishments for TV.

This entire season was so fucking bizarre. I mean the show is always bizarre but this one was a bit too weird and random IMO. Like a bunch of different ideas or mixed together in a blender and tossed at the screen. Still entertaining though, mostly because I enjoyed watching all those actors ham it up.

How was this one any more random and weird than Hotel? Asylum? Murder House?

So did you cheer when her mom tried to smear her as a crazy psychopath that couldn't possibly have seen her mom kill her dad with a rock and try to blame it on a ghost lynch mob?

B9bwbTl.gif

lol

Top Bottom